Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That experience tracks well to my historical recollection of Dusclops. That said, shinquickman can you give Sidney another run, his movesets are pretty trash and you should be able to contribute with clops more than it would appear.
Unfortunately my Dusclops wasn't equipped for that match. It only had Psychic and Shadow Ball for offense, so it was near unusable. I could try adding Ice Beam in place of Will-O-Wisp whenever I could dig around for the save file.
Aye, the whole report seems to pretty nicely summarize Dusclops - it can take a selected group of stronger Pokemon but struggles with a lot as well. It honestly seems to fit perfectly in E tier from what I have read in your nicely written post. Whenever I think of the bottom tier, Pokemon like Luvdisc or Volbeat come to mind - the ones that can't even take half enemies Dusclops can and the ones who "outright lose a lot of 1v1 matchups at like levels unless they are assisted with significant item support".
E-Tier is fair. I will admit that Dusclops was surprisingly competent in Victory Road and vs Tate & Liza which I've found even higher tiered mons can struggle in. Still, if Duskull can be E-tier, so should Jigglypuff. At least Puff can immediately evolve, can get EZ OHKOs with STAB Silk Scarf'd Strength, has a potentially good match in Gym 6 with Thunder Bolt or Ice Beam, and isn't as flustered vs common Zubats, Normal mons, and Dark mons.
Onto the reason I made this post, Torchic. I'm not quite convinced this is an A tier much at all. While never truly bad, I also don't feel like it's a standout mon. Wattson and Norman are I feel the only matchups where it does anything truly all that notable and even then sweeps are unlikely. It's just been a festival of meh and I don't expect it to get much better at endgame. It sweeps fine on routes but in bosses it's only been okay.
I do agree that the Combusken phase has its downs. While it can do well vs. Wattson and Norman, it's not always a clean sweep. Its Ember also starts to lag behind, and its Flying, Ground, and Psychic weaknesses really hurt the later the game goes. Its real shining point is in the first three Elite Four matches, although I've found that it needs to pass a certain Speed threshold to really make it a clean sweep which isn't always a guarantee. I don't object to a drop to B-Tier.

At this point (we are on 50th page, Jesus), I think starters have been placed with 100% certainty in their tiers. A lot of people consider Torchic to be borderline S tier and I reckon that A tier is very accurate for it. It's reliable and efficient for majority of the game while being available from the start.

So I have been rechecking every tier just to take note of everything that seemed weird to me. I find Solrock and Lunatone in D tier a little unfair and, as it turns out, I am not alone. Let me dig half year old posts from Punchshroom and Ryota Mitarai.
Solrock -> C
I am going to be honest, I was shocked to see the "argument for E" because my experience with Solrock was simply... great. Solrock is somewhat on the level on Golem, though with later appearance and slower leveling up (and having some better matchups as well, Juan being the most notable one). Its best period is definitely the mid-game (or well, the part of mid-game where you get it) and most of the late-game. Good matchups include: Flannery (a sweep, in fact), Norman, Winona, T&L (their mons don't really target it a lot, from experience), evil leaders (Camerupt cannot hit it, Crobat is lol, and Archie's Sharpedo is so frail and has Slash as its only move) and Juan, to an extent (Luvdisc can be annoying but you could probably skip it). E4 matchup is kinda eh (though it does pick up some kills against Glacia), which is why I am nomming it to C-tier. I checked Texas's logs and I didn't see anywhere the Flannery-Winona logs, which are pmuch the driving force behind Solrock not being E, which I definitely think is not the correct tier for Solrock, even if (for whatever reason that I cannot think of) it ends up in D. It's also worth mentioning that Solrock is a mon that requires almost 0 investment (I mean, SunnyBeam isn't that contested, only CM is really a bit contested) to do that well; I never taught it Psychic or Flamethrower and I never felt the need to have them either; it does just fine with Rock STAB for most parts and if you ever need Psychic coverage, Confusion did pretty well for me.ood are situational (either you are heavily reliant on Rollout not missing or there's some other RNG involved, like confusion against evil leaders. At least Golem had other options of attacking to not rely that much on Rollout missing). So yeah, I think Phanpy is better suited in F than E, simply because of how its good qualities are rather situational, per experience.

Ryota Mitarai apparently had good experiences with Solrock, so I decided to test with Lunatone, and it's actually not half bad either. What Lunatone lacks in STAB Rock Slide (admittedly a rare commodity) and SunnyBeam, it easily makes up for with Hypnosis, level-up Psychic, and Ice Beam, while sharing similarly favorable matchups and then some (manhandles Flannery, Normal resist + Hypnosis helps vs Norman, Ice Beam wipes Winona, Calm Minds + 2 X Speeds + Ice Beam can sweep Drake) as well as unfavorable matchups (little use vs Sidney, jobbers vs Phoebe & Steven) with Solrock for the rest of the game. [Note: Lunatone is only available in Sapphire]

Honestly, Lunatone is a pretty serviceable pick from when you obtain it. It has workable STABs in Confusion and Rock Throw and isn't really wanting for an upgrade until it gets the Ice Beam TM while also learning Psychic by level, making it pretty TM-efficient outside of also needing the Calm Mind TM. Before then, Confusion and Rock Throw have workable power, and Hypnosis is nice for allowing Lunatone to poke the opponent to death or, later in the game, help it set up Cosmic Powers/Calm Minds/X Speeds, especially since Lunatone has the bulk and resistances to be able to make use of Hypnosis decently well. I'm hesitating on Solrock a bit since I don't believe it makes particularly effective use of Calm Mind, but I think both Solrock and Lunatone are worth consideration to be ranked up to C.

I support the idea of raising both since I had a good experience using Solrock in Ruby. Its bulk is alright (especially that you can raise it with Cosmic Power or Calm Mind) and its combination of 90 attack and rock typing is solid. I personally went with Rock Slide + Psychic combo instead of Rock Slide + Solarbeam like Ryota and it worked perfectly fine (especially in mid-game before water routes).

Why is Gulpin in D, by the way? I thought it's overall pretty good. Relatively early availability, pretty good typing defensively, medium to good stats (bar speed), great level up learnset (early 65 STAB move, Body Slam for coverage and nice utility moves like Yawn, Amnesia, Encore), amazing TM variety (Ice Beam, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, Water Pulse). It was my best Pokemon when I was running Mightyena, Pelipper, Vigoroth, Swalot and Ludicolo. Yes, better than Pelipper who is sitting in B tier.

P.S.: When will be start next phase? After 3 years, people started noticing slow progress here and at least one person offered help with preparing write-up phase.

Yeah something I’ve noticed not just here but in many tier list threads is that people seem to have become ditherers, with constant retests and no write-ups. No offense to anyone but if you guys are just retesting mons for what seems to be just the sake of retesting I think it’s time write-ups started.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Write-ups have been done on a decent chunk of mons but the thread organization for them has been lacking. I've considered doing a blitz of the remaining ones by myself but that's a time commitment I can't meet at the moment. Regarding Gulpin I found it to be very mediocre, but its one of the more contentious noms, wide range of experiences - worth noting with your Pelipper comparison that its boosted a lot by HM utility, I don't rate it at B myself either. Lunatone is where it is mostly because there just aren't that many Sapphire runners, thus not many people who test it or claim experience with it. Solrock is another with a differing range of experiences, it was terrible for me when I used it, especially bad against the Elite 4 where it offered next to no redeeming qualities - and a bad end-game performance is something I personally weight heavily against a mon. Lunatone in general makes a much stronger case off the back of Calm Mind.

I did a Lunatone run some pages back, though didn't record logs / make a tiering case (in general I'm hesitant to propose tiers in this game because I don't yet know the gen super well). I ran Cosmic Power instead of Calm Mind, which is a lot worse, but Lunatone overall was still good. Hypnosis is unreliable but a powerful tool. Fast exp. is great. I suspect that with the Calm Mind TM, Lunatone's endgame is about as good as Gardevoir's, better in some ways (Rock typing is a bit scary though).

After having replayed Gulpin, I'm with @Celeb on this one. This thing deserves a C-Tier. Yawn utility lets it contribute to every single major battles. Guaranteed sleep is very powerful, and while the delayed Sleep can be seen as a downside, it can also be used as an advantage by allowing your ace mon to switch in on the same turn that the Sleep triggers. Its offenses are middling but not insignificant either since it can do very well vs Winona with Ice Beam as well as vs Sydney's Grass mons with Sludge Bomb.

I was also gonna do an elaborate write-up on Girafarig, but unfortunately now I realized that all its IVs were 25+ across the board :\ I will say that it was very good vs. Juan, most of the Elite Four, and Wallace with Calm Mind and Thunder Bolt.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Playthroughed with Gulpin again a couple of times these past few days. Swalot's main appeal is that it has a decent amount of disruptive moves in its repertoire, but Swalot's middling stats mean that it is somewhat moveset-dependent against certain matchups at a time. This does mean Swalot is rather open to customisation and results can vary greatly across various runs depending on what you give it, so I'll just go over its more notable moves and you can assess their importance for yourselves.

Swalot has a bunch of rare & useful utility options that you absolutely need at least one of to make the most out of Swalot, which include:

Yawn: This is generally Swalot's most useful support move as stated by shinquickman; the delayed but guaranteed sleep is basically an open invitation for your wincon (which can include Swalot itself) to get their headstart of piling on the X items and sweep for game. This will also primarily be Swalot's main contribution for fights where it otherwise performs poorly in, such as Wattson, Phoebe, and Steven.
Encore: This is a good alternative to Yawn in enabling X item abuse sweeps, and Swalot could even make use of Encore to disrupt certain setup-happy opponents such as Flannery's Slugma & Torkoal, Wallace/Juan's Luvdisc, Glacia's Sealeo, Drake's Shelgon, and even Steven's Skarmory even harder than Yawn can, which can open up greater opportunities for Swalot to try and X item sweep.
Toxic: The nice thing about Toxic on Swalot is that it learns it naturally at level 31, which is not far from the time you get access to the Toxic TM in Fiery Path so you don't even have to go out of your way to get it. This can be used to try and bring down annoying fatmons like Phoebe's Dusclops, Glacia's Walrein, Wallace's Ludicolo (bonus points if you have Liquid Ooze) & Milotic, and Steven's fossils, though Toxic stalling is generally paired best with...
Amnesia: Amnesia can already prove useful even before Swalot gets Toxic, as it can be used to let Swalot tank through Flannery, but other than that, it's best used alongside the aforementioned Toxic to stall out bulky Waters.

In terms of offense, Swalot will be content with Sludge + Body Slam for the pre-Surf portion of the game (again, one of Swalot's main perks is that it has fairly solid attacking moves compared to the majority of pre-Surf Pokemon), then afterward Sludge Bomb and/or Ice Beam will take over from there. It is also notable that with Yawn/Encore facilitating X item abuse, these moves can even have sweeping potential despite Swalot's middling offensive prowess.

should not torchic be s-class (at least in ruby and sapphire)?

torchic is one of those pokemon that can nearly hit every gym (and elite four member) super effectively and hard or at least hard.

roxanne gets double kicked, brawly gets pecked, wattson and flannery both eat dirt (dig), norman gets double kicked, and winona gets rock tombed (or in skarmory's case, overheated). tate, liza, and wallace/juan are the only ones who don't really care about blaziken, but you've got allies for that. sidney and glacia do not appreciate being blaze kicked or high jump kicked either while steven hates blaziken for obvious reasons. phoebe doesn't like being hit by powerful blaze kicks that can be amped by the sun and drake can be defeated with bulk up + high jump kick or rock tomb.

although getting to l16 before roxanne requires a bit of grinding, it's not difficult at all and immediately rewarding. thoughts?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

torchic is one of those pokemon that can nearly hit every gym (and elite four member) super effectively and hard or at least hard.

roxanne gets double kicked, brawly gets pecked, wattson and flannery both eat dirt (dig), norman gets double kicked, and winona gets rock tombed (or in skarmory's case, overheated). tate, liza, and wallace/juan are the only ones who don't really care about blaziken, but you've got allies for that. sidney and glacia do not appreciate being blaze kicked or high jump kicked either while steven hates blaziken for obvious reasons. phoebe doesn't like being hit by powerful blaze kicks that can be amped by the sun and drake can be defeated with bulk up + high jump kick or rock tomb.

although getting to l16 before roxanne requires a bit of grinding, it's not difficult at all and immediately rewarding. thoughts?
Torchic was previously S, and there's a significant amount of discussion throughout the thread that led to its drop to A if you want an in depth analysis.

On a related note, Blaziken does not learn High Jump Kick until generation 5. While I'd assume you mean the objectively superior Sky Uppercut in all cases where you said HJK, Sky Uppercut is realistically too high a level at 59 to take into account.

Adding on to Merritt’s response, there’s no reason to use Peck against Brawly when Double Kick does more damage (except against his Focus Punch Meditite in Emerald lol) and you can’t get Dig until after you beat Wattson. Between this and the HJK references, it sounds like maybe you haven’t played RSE recently?

Blaziken’s still really really good, but it has a small number of slow spots that make it A instead of S.

Torchic was previously S, and there's a significant amount of discussion throughout the thread that led to its drop to A if you want an in depth analysis.

On a related note, Blaziken does not learn High Jump Kick until generation 5. While I'd assume you mean the objectively superior Sky Uppercut in all cases where you said HJK, Sky Uppercut is realistically too high a level at 59 to take into account.
interesting. i think brick break + bulk up should get the job done, but i'll read your discussion.

Adding on to Merritt’s response, there’s no reason to use Peck against Brawly when Double Kick does more damage (except against his Focus Punch Meditite in Emerald lol) and you can’t get Dig until after you beat Wattson. Between this and the HJK references, it sounds like maybe you haven’t played RSE recently?

Blaziken’s still really really good, but it has a small number of slow spots that make it A instead of S.
yeah, you're right about double kick outdamaging peck lol. technically i did play omega ruby last year, haven't played rse itself in a while.

90 > 70, i can't believe i failed to do such a simple sum. oh well.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blaziken and Breloom are definitely the A ranks closest to S, the general discussion simply came to the conclusion that they had just a few too many problem spots to hit the level of domination that the current S ranks do. You're correct that it is stronger in RS with weaker overall teams and a more favorable champion fight; due to the higher difficulty and wider accessibility Emerald is typically used as the primary game to judge off of in this list with RS used as supplementary data except in cases where the mon is only available in RS e.g. Lunatone or Zangoose.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
due to the higher difficulty and wider accessibility Emerald is typically used as the primary game to judge off of in this list with RS used as supplementary data except in cases where the mon is only available in RS e.g. Lunatone or Zangoose.
Quick clarification - in cases where a Pokemon performs drastically better in RS vs Emerald they'll have a split ranking, but mostly this is due to mechanics/availability differences. Best example is Zigzagoon for Pickup.

Steven is a notable improvement for Blaziken, but realistically a single major battle doesn't push it to be so different from it's Emerald performance to justify a split ranking.

Is C too low for Treecko? Being able to beat the brakes off Roxanne, give Wattson trouble with Rock Smash + Electric resistance, and hit Tate, LIza, and Wallace super-effectively make Treecko pretty good at least in proper RS - Emerald complicates things by giving Tate and Liza a Xatu, a Flying-type. They can also hit Sidney, Glacia, and Drake hard and super-effectively, and in Emerald can compensate by giving their new Champion problems too.

Is C too low for Treecko? Being able to beat the brakes off Roxanne, give Wattson trouble with Rock Smash + Electric resistance, and hit Tate, LIza, and Wallace super-effectively make Treecko pretty good at least in proper RS - Emerald complicates things by giving Tate and Liza a Xatu, a Flying-type. They can also hit Sidney, Glacia, and Drake hard and super-effectively, and in Emerald can compensate by giving their new Champion problems too.
How about you test it instead of questioning it. It might surprise you on how much it actually sucks. It underwent a retest by several users and was found to not fit in B. It gets that B potential at the very end of the game. It struggles for quite literally the entire game. It can’t beat Roxanne due to Pass’s bulk. This should have been a favorable match up but it was not. No one should be using Rock Smash on Grovyle and who care about its electric resistance. Wattson is just gonna bum through it anyway. Fair on the Tate and Liza + Wallace.

I'm not a specialist about Tier list, especially since I only played RSE on Emulator with accelerator, but I find you very hard with Treecko! He is not that bad although his midgame is not his strongest point with an abundance of Pokemon Poison, Flying (Winona), Fire () or too powerful / bulky for him (like Norman)

On Sapphire and even more Emerald, he's really great at the end with the plethora of Water Pokemon present in both of these games. He deserves rank B at least. He isn't worst than Absol, Barboach, Carvanha, Oddish, Pinsir or some others B-rank

I'm not a specialist about Tier list, especially since I only played RSE on Emulator with accelerator, but I find you very hard with Treecko! He is not that bad although his midgame is not his strongest point with an abundance of Pokemon Poison, Flying (Winona), Fire () or too powerful / bulky for him (like Norman)

On Sapphire and even more Emerald, he's really great at the end with the plethora of Water Pokemon present in both of these games. He deserves rank B at least. He isn't worst than Absol, Barboach, Carvanha, Oddish, Pinsir or some others B-rank
Yeah, I'm not convinced. I don't remember ever having problems beating Roxanne with Treecko, not even as a kid (and no, I wasn't solo running, I had a Zigzagoon and Taillow as teammates IIRC). I do wish I could play RSE, they aren't available on the VC however.

Guys, it’s quite simple really.

Even if you go with the RNG-fest Bullet Seed (which, granted, hits as hard or harder than Absorb, but still) Treecko is just too frail for Nosepass.

At equal level of 15, 15 IVs for Treecko, 24 for Nosepass:

Lvl 15 0 Atk Treecko Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 Def Nosepass: 6-18 (16.2 - 48.6%) -- approx. 1.1% chance to 3HKO
Lvl 15 0 SpA Treecko Absorb vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 SpD Nosepass: 8-12 (21.6 - 32.4%) -- 2.2% chance to 4HKO
Lvl 15 0 Atk Nosepass Rock Tomb vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 Def Treecko: 15-18 (38.4 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

When you consider that it will likely take like 7-8 uses of Bullet Seed at the least to beat Nosepass thanks to the Potion (assuming you OHKO Geodude, which I have heard is possible to miss). Did some calcs for Geodude:
Lvl 15 0 SpA Treecko Absorb vs. Lvl 12 0 HP / 0 SpD Geodude: 28-40 (82.3 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Lvl 15 0 Atk Treecko Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. Lvl 12 0 HP / 0 Def Geodude: 36-48 (105.8 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Lvl 12 0 Atk Geodude Rock Tomb vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 Def Treecko: 13-16 (33.3 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Also, Nosepass cleanly outpaces Treecko even if it had a 0 IV in Speed (seriously, it's a good 30 points higher than Treecko even with a 0 Speed IV). So yeah. Treecko can certainly muscle through Geodude with Bullet Seed (if you hit 3 times) but generally Nosepass will take a while to kill, which isn't a good look for what is supposed to be a favorable matchup.

I strongly suggest testing Treecko out with a fresh perspective, or at the very least do some damage calculations instead of theorymonning. Saying type matchups that 70% of players know already doesn't do anything beyond stating the obvious, which sometimes is actually faulty when a mon like Treecko can falter in supposedly good matchups (for example, Champion Wallace doing heavy damage to Sceptile with Ice Beam).

Also, I don't know how in the heck Sceptile is beating Drake even if you give it Dragon Claw, as Sceptile doesn't even get STAB from it and is most likely a good few levels under Drake's squad.

Even if you go with the RNG-fest Bullet Seed (which, granted, hits as hard or harder than Absorb, but still) Treecko is just too frail for Nosepass.

Lvl 15 0 Atk Treecko Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 Def Nosepass: 6-18 (16.2 - 48.6%) -- approx. 1.1% chance to 3HKO
Lvl 15 0 SpA Treecko Absorb vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 SpD Nosepass: 8-12 (21.6 - 32.4%) -- 2.2% chance to 4HKO
Lvl 15 0 Atk Nosepass Rock Tomb vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 Def Treecko: 15-18 (38.4 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

When you consider that it will likely take like 7-8 uses of Bullet Seed at the least to beat Nosepass thanks to the Potion (assuming you OHKO Geodude, which I have heard is possible to miss). Did some calcs for Geodude:
Lvl 15 0 SpA Treecko Absorb vs. Lvl 12 0 HP / 0 SpD Geodude: 28-40 (82.3 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Lvl 15 0 Atk Treecko Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. Lvl 12 0 HP / 0 Def Geodude: 36-48 (105.8 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Lvl 12 0 Atk Geodude Rock Tomb vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 Def Treecko: 13-16 (33.3 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Also, Nosepass cleanly outpaces Treecko even if it had a 0 IV in Speed (seriously, it's a good 30 points higher than Treecko even with a 0 Speed IV). So yeah. Treecko can certainly muscle through Geodude with Bullet Seed (if you hit 3 times) but generally Nosepass will take a while to kill, which isn't a good look for what is supposed to be a favorable matchup.

I strongly suggest testing Treecko out with a fresh perspective, or at the very least do some damage calculations instead of theorymonning. Saying type matchups that 70% of players know already doesn't do anything beyond stating the obvious, which sometimes is actually faulty when a mon like Treecko can falter in supposedly good matchups (for example, Champion Wallace doing heavy damage to Sceptile with Ice Beam).

Also, I don't know how in the heck Sceptile is beating Drake even if you give it Dragon Claw, as Sceptile doesn't even get STAB from it and is most likely a good few levels under Drake's squad.

Where do you get these IVs from? Also, did you convert Bullet Seed to a special attack? Your calcs seem to be underselling Treecko a fair bit.

I ran some quick calcs.

Lvl 15 0 SpA Treecko Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. Lvl 15 0 HP / 0 SpD Nosepass: 18-24 (47.3 - 63.1%) -- approx. 12.1% chance to 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 8)

Lvl 15 0 Atk Nosepass Rock Tomb vs. Lvl 14 0 HP / 0 Def Treecko: 13-16 (33.3 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16)

You should be more than able to kill Nosepass before they kill you.

As for theorymonning, it's actually called experience. I think I'd remember if Roxanne could roll my Treecko over like that...

Also, Nosepass outpaces Treecko...how? Treecko has a Speed of 30 (assuming 31 IVs for both them and 'Pass), 'Pass has a Speed of 18.

Even a Rock Tomb (-1) would bring your Speed down to 20...which is still above Nosepass's 18.

Also, Nosepass cleanly outpaces Treecko even if it had a 0 IV in Speed (seriously, it's a good 30 points higher than Treecko even with a 0 Speed IV).
drums, are you sure about this?
nosepass has 30 base speed, treecko has 70
I could outspeed nosepass even at lv10, and enemies have fixed IVs (don't remember which were roxanne's ivs though, but bosses have high IVs)

edit: i get the feeling you calculated with the gen 4-8 calculator instead of the gen 3 calculator since it lists atk instead of special atk, and bullet seed hits from the special side in gen 3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)