Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should probably check out the Trace mechanics. I just had a battle where I sent my Porygon2 out against an Intimidate Gyarados. It immediately copied the Gyarados' ability, and activated it, but then it said it traced the ability, and it activated again, giving the Gyarados -2. It was weird.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah, sorry, I could have sworn that D punched healed from subs. Thanks for the update.
drain punch does heal from subs. ive done it many times in game, so if this isnt happening it is a bug.

Pretty major bug:
It is impossible to play rated Dream World OU battles. (Choosing it gives unrated battles)
this isnt actually a bug, its just the tier isnt added yet, or fully implemented. either way this is literally the first thing on the to-do list before switching so it will get fixed asap

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Shedinja can't learn Swords Dance.

I originally asked if I was missing something obvious about that in #pokemon but everyone else was stumped, the set was SD/WoW/Shadow Sneak/X Scissor for a bw2 team.

I'm getting DCed pretty much right after I connect. Only really get as far as loading the chat, but it doesn't scroll at all.

When I was in random battles I had a Porygon with download out, special attack boosted, the opponent switched to porygon 2 which also had download, it raised it's attack but then it said trace activated and its attack got a second boost.

EDIT:Looked at an earlier post, looks like it was the same trace glitch other's have been seeing

Stratos

Banned deucer.

as you've probably guessed, sandstorm in this instance was not caused by the move, but by a Tyranitar. idk why it did this

Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Shedinja can't learn Swords Dance.

I originally asked if I was missing something obvious about that in #pokemon but everyone else was stumped, the set was SD/WoW/Shadow Sneak/X Scissor for a bw2 team.
Neither Nincada nor Shedinja can learn Swords Dance.

It's Ninjask-only.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Neither Nincada nor Shedinja can learn Swords Dance.

It's Ninjask-only.
If you wait to evolve Nincada until it reaches the level Ninjask learns Swords Dance, it will evolve and then immediately learn Swords Dance. Since Shedinja copies the Ninjask's moveset, it will have it as well.

Shedinja can learn any one of Ninjask's level-up moves this way.

If you wait to evolve Nincada until it reaches the level Ninjask learns Swords Dance, it will evolve and then immediately learn Swords Dance. Since Shedinja copies the Ninjask's moveset, it will have it as well.

Shedinja can learn any one of Ninjask's level-up moves this way.
That was changed in Generation 5, which is why Swords Dance is not in any of Shedinja's movesets. (Serebii, Smogon, Bulbapedia, etc.)

Realistically, it's still possible to get Swords Dance on one, but you have to transfer from Generation 4.

As such, all of Ninjask's Generation 4 level up moves should be added to Shedinja's moveset.

Had a Chansey in on a Lugia. I was going to use Toxic/Snatch.

Roost worked through Snatch for some reason, even though the Smogon Dex says Snatch takes "all healing moves." Gen IV dex explicitly says it steals Roost.

Am I mistaken here?

Mew still listed in UU

edit: Meinshao is in OU. This is in the teambuilder, when you go to play with them in the wrong tier it wont let you.

Had a Chansey in on a Lugia. I was going to use Toxic/Snatch.

Roost worked through Snatch for some reason, even though the Smogon Dex says Snatch takes "all healing moves." Gen IV dex explicitly says it steals Roost.

Am I mistaken here?
Snatch is not implemented yet.

I have to refresh quite often. What is the best browser for this simulator?
Google Chrome works pretty well; mine's laggy with PS! right now (I think everyone's experiencing this intense lag, though, regardless of browser), but battles run relatively smoothly and there's no refreshing of the page required. :)

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Google Chrome works pretty well; mine's laggy with PS! right now (I think everyone's experiencing this intense lag, though, regardless of browser), but battles run relatively smoothly and there's no refreshing of the page required. :)
I don't experience any lag. If you do, it might be something we can eventually fix.

Can you be specific about what does and doesn't lag?

Axew used Outrage!
The foe's Froslass lost 75% of its health!
Axew's Outrage was disabled!
Axew lost some of its HP!
The foe's Froslass fainted!
subak sent out Oddish!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Oddish!
Turn 10
Axew can't use Outrage!
The foe's Oddish used Sleep Powder!
Axew fell asleep!
The foe's Oddish restored HP using its Black Sludge!
The foe's team's light screen wore off!
Turn 11
Axew is fast asleep.
The foe's Oddish used Sludge Bomb!
A critical hit! Axew lost 90% of its health!
Axew fainted!
The foe's Oddish restored HP using its Black Sludge!

Both turns after outrage was disabled it said I'm trapped and can't switch. I think this might make sense the first turn, but after axew was sleeped I think outrage's effect should've ended and allowed me to move

Rapidash gets Baton Pass as a Gen III special move, but it isn't listed.

Also, I can't be bothered to read through all the posts to see if this is known, but the other day my scarfed ttar used pursuit, it did like 30% then his celebi used u-turn and it got hit with like 40% of damage from Pursuit again, pretty sure that's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)