Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just a reminder that this coming week of Pokémon Shuffle has two not yet released Pokémon variants that you can catch for the first time:

Winking Phione is in the Garchomp Safari alongside the other Phione/Manaphy, it is a Base 60 AP Water-type with Mega Boost++ that has 5 RML slots.

Shiny Hawlucha is in a Great Challenge that costs 2 hearts to play, it is a 50 AP Fighting-type with Hammering Streak that has 10 RML slots.

Next new Pokémon (variant) IIRC is in six week's time with Shiny Metagross and Pheromosa.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey so

I deleted the app off my phone to update other stuff... Not realizing the data would go with it. Any way to get it back or am i completely buggered? Didn't expect it to all be saved locally to the app itself so when it was gone so was the savegame. I'm assuming because I don't have the transfer code its gone for good?

How is everyone going about the end-game? Personally I have a decent stash of items, so I'm probably going to focus more on skill grinding and finishing the main stages rather than EBs. Will still run each competition once just for the sake of it, too.

One nice thing is that I don't feel an epic need to play constantly, so it's more fun and relaxed now. Though I did forget about the Volcanion battle so I'm going to be doing that this weekend.

I'm basically going to call my "casual shift" the same place I do with most Pokemon games: Once there's no new stuff to catch (which at this point is 2-3 Pokemon and a mega stone) I'll probably be done with keeping the game open constantly. Definitely don't have any compulsion to spend for the couple jewels I used to get once in a while with content now on a cycle.

How is everyone going about the end-game? Personally I have a decent stash of items, so I'm probably going to focus more on skill grinding and finishing the main stages rather than EBs. Will still run each competition once just for the sake of it, too.
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about the automated event schedule. While it sure allows for an easier planning of the activities for the upcoming week, it also takes away that element of surprise that came with each update. Also, there are waaaay too many heart-based, one-week stages with that awful 25/12.5/6.25 drop rate: this makes the farming of 120SP abilities a real nightmare.
All things considered, as a general rule these are my priorities for each week:
A) finish the current EB (finish=reach the last boss stage that offers interesting prizes at a reasonable cost);
B) farm useful one-week stages (e.g. Regirock);
C) make one competition attempt;
D to Y) do various activities, including PSB farming on regular stages, going on with S-Ranks, completing mission cards and so on;
Z) grind coins (really, now that we get two free jewels per month, I hope I'll never see stage 37 again -_-).

I actually finished Rank C this time...my highest ever. Seems a pretty simple week for the most part, build up Regirock, maybe Meloetta and Golem for kicks.

Was done with Regirock and Meloetta ahead of their arrival, nothing of particular note to Skill grind for a while. Really wish more of these stages would get a 2 week span.

Right now my focus is on S-ranking main stages, but obviously that takes a ton of coins, meaning I have to do coin grinding as well.

I actually finished in the top tier the previous competition (Banette?) without even trying lol, and this past one I finished C rank. I don't really mind the cycles, wouldn't want any more costume Pikachus.

I just tried the Meloetta stage a few times and man, maxing it will actually take a year. They could at least increase the rates...

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
Nosedive stays x5 damage 45/70/100 max, however you can ignore Meloetta, out of all the Nosedives. Buzzwole is much better with 0 skills investiments

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with Meloetta either... Horrible drop rate aside (2 hearts and 25/25/6.25 drop rate? Come on!), Meloetta is heavily outclassed by things like Buzzwole, Bewear and, depending on the situation, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop or Conkeldurr. I think that Regirock is the only Pokemon that's worth farming on week 4 (I've just finished getting it from SL4 to SL5), whereas on week 5 I'll have to decide between Kyogre and Drifblim.

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
Kyogre is outclassed by the primal form, even if you are far (like me), once you get to the primal you will feel as you wasted the time of farming

Kyogre is outclassed by the primal form, even if you are far (like me), once you get to the primal you will feel as you wasted the time of farming
POgre also can't be farmed and requires 200 SPs. Kyogre is still a good investment for burst damage and I'd recommend farming it if possible.

This is coming from someone with a L20 SL5 POgre.

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
World Defender
Normal Rock Shot maxed is x8, requires 120 SPs
Primal one sl4 has x8 too and "only" needs 100

But yes farming can let you save cookies, that's cool

The thing about Primal Shots is that while they have those differences in investment for multipliers, remember they wipe out significantly more of the Disruption at once. Some stages the approach is to pick the disruption apart slowly for Burst damage, and POgre can't dps if the rocks are gone until another Disruption or such.

POgre is better as a board clear for combo teams while normal Kyogre is a Burst damage pure and simple. PDon even moreso since you can't even get Barriers as a forced complexity like some stages have with Rocks or Blocks.

Focusing on Kyogre this week, since I hadn't grinded it at all. Luckily the rates are pretty decent even though it costs 2 Hearts per attempt. I figure PSB farming is more useful than EBs at this point because EBs are weekly with similar rewards whereas PSB farming comes every 24 weeks.

I'm finally done with Kyogre (started at SL3). The free NHN granted me 17 drops in 21 plays, so I invested a jewel and bought a 30-min NHN, getting around 40 drops. The remaining PSBs were farmed manually using both regenerating and banked hearts. Now that Kyogre is at SL5, I'll have to decide how to spend the rest of the week. Yesterday I swapped Drifblim to Barrier Shot, but after playing its stage 10 times without obtaining a single drop, I'm not sure I'll be resolute enough to keep farming it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)