Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

After a slow week and capping on Coins, nice to have both a good Heart and Coin drain by grinding these Poisons this week. Glad this happened before another Fairy Escalation as well.

Yeah, at last we got the tools needed to slaughter those pesky fairies, so I'll definitely try to get both Salazzle and Toxapex to SL5, if possible. Sadly, the drop rate has been extremely ungenerous so far...playing Toxapex's stage up to 12 times without seeing a single drop is incredibly frustrating :/

that was enough reason for me to stop Salaz (especially as a timed stage) On the other hand, escalation Giratina, I've had 3 times already where it's dropped 3 skill boosters.

I don't particularly like timed stages either, but this one is so easy, and Shot Out is such a good ability, that I wouldn't miss the chance to get it to at least SL4 (x6 multiplier isn't bad at all). Salazzle has a decent 25/25/12.5 drop rate, so grinding 70 PSBs shouldn't take too long (at least on paper -_-).

Salazzle isn't difficult if you have Psyburst on Mewtwo maxed from the challenge earlier on, as well as Victini LDE. I also messed up and didn't realise it gets Shot Out as its other ability so I've been grinding Poison to SL4 LMAO.

If Snorlax hadn't said it, I wouldn't have known. Yeah, Mewtwo definitely makes it easier though it seems every time I get more than one Psyburst, she doesn't toss anything. Still, I hopefully will get her up to 3 and maybe 4 before the week is over.

Just a few hours ago I was complaining about the bad drop rates of Salazzle and Toxapex...Well, the game must have felt my pain, because starting from this morning Salazzle began dropping PSBs like crazy! Three triple drops in a single day are something incredible, at least in my experience. These, together with several double drops and 16 PSBs from the free NHN, have already got me up to SL~4.25. At this rate, I should be able to reach SL5 in a couple of days. Compared to yesterday, Toxapex became more collaborative too, and it now sits at SL~3.75. After doing my first and only competition attempt, I have around 40k coins, which should be enough to finish.

Looking ahead to next week, is there anything that I should farm? Palkia, Totodile (Winking), Toucannon, Wailord, Wigglytuff (Winking), Mewtwo (Shiny), Kyurem-B, Latias. I'm guessing Kyurem-B for Block Shot, but it probably won't take long since I'm already at SL3 for that.

Looking ahead to next week, is there anything that I should farm? Palkia, Totodile (Winking), Toucannon, Wailord, Wigglytuff (Winking), Mewtwo (Shiny), Kyurem-B, Latias. I'm guessing Kyurem-B for Block Shot, but it probably won't take long since I'm already at SL3 for that.
I'd suggest getting most/all of your Latias progress done instead. The week immediately after has Noivern and Minior (Nosedive) for PSB grinding if you haven't done/want to do those. More pressing though is that Shiny Mega Metagross and Pheromosa both drop in that week, which means we have a UB coin drain and a likely expensive potential-Mega to capture, so you may want time to restore your coin stash regardless of PSB grinding plans.

maxed out Giratina, stopped Toxapex after level 3 because she didn't want to drop much stuff (went 10 battles in a row with no drops) For Latias....Swap or Hammering Streak+?

I'd suggest getting most/all of your Latias progress done instead. More pressing though is that Shiny Mega Metagross and Pheromosa both drop in that week.
This. I'm particularly interested in shiny Metagross, as it looks like it will be an integral part of the new Hammering Streak team that will be used to tackle the Survival Mode (together with S-M-Charizard X, shiny Hawlucha and winking Blissey). Luckily the stage looks quite easy, so I'll do my best to get it to SL5.

Almost at 100 for Latias, might pause for a bit and do some main stage S-ranking (or try to at least) since I'm at 70k coins.

I'm nearing 150 for her (and maxed out Swap) Hoping to get all 200 done by Sunday or not.....150 is extremely rough and I don't think I want to spend the resources to beat it.

Last edited:
Shiny Metagross isn't hard. Your usual fighting team should be able to take care of it. I personally bursted it to death with Buzzwole (though RNG-dependent).

Bring Skymin for Pheromosa, Block Shot and the Skymin spawns will help a lot.

Are there any alternatives to shiny hawlucha for survival mode? (did not farm because I did not think he would be optimal)
There's an interesting thread on Reddit that shows the winrates for various SM teams (don't ask me how they calculated them XD). The best HS team not featuring S-Hawlucha consists of M-Beedrill, S-Metagross, Flareon and Sylveon, with a 61% winrate. If you feel like trying this team, I'd suggest replacing Flareon with Winking Chimchar, which will be available in two weeks, as it has the same max AP and a much better drop rate (25-12.5-6.25 vs 25-3.12-1.56).

There's an interesting thread on Reddit that shows the winrates for various SM teams (don't ask me how they calculated them XD). The best HS team not featuring S-Hawlucha consists of M-Beedrill, S-Metagross, Flareon and Sylveon, with a 61% winrate. If you feel like trying this team, I'd suggest replacing Flareon with Winking Chimchar, which will be available in two weeks, as it has the same max AP and a much better drop rate (25-12.5-6.25 vs 25-3.12-1.56).
Oh ok 61% is probably higher than my shot out team winrate, so I'll try that. One more thing: Is it worth skill swapping Buzzwole?

Literally just realised that Shiny Hawlucha has Hammering Streak and not Hitting Streak. RIP me for not farming that stage...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)