Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

While I may not have completed some of these stages I do know what seems to be their weaknesses with pokemon that are catchable before beating mega gengar (I hate you mega gengar) as it seems to be putting me pretty close to beating the stages.

Raichu use mega kenga, the rows of pichu/kachu are impossibly to remove easily any other way and by using mega kenga not only are you dealing a decent amount of damage, but if you clear the top 3 rows you have another 3 rows of pokemon to match etc. I tested this once, on a theory and got S rank on my first try.

Blaziken -arodactyl and keldeo arodactyl slowly removes the clouds (which are annoying AF) and keldeo removes the constant double row of unbreakable blocks getting spammed every 3 seconds.

Xerneas -remove the top frozen/barriered pokemon as quickly as possible, those rows of trapped pokemon basically lock you into a stupidly small area with in 5 moves if you don't remove them as your first moves.

I've finished the game ... I find it less interesting at the moment. I have all the events, normal Pokemon. I almost have all S-rank stages (only a few are problematic to do better than a A-rank). The last pokemon that I haven't still caught are the impossible ones : Blaziken, Xerneas, Heatran, Yveltal, Mewtwo.

What can I do ? Just grinding ? :(

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
The Meowth and Ampharos stages actually make for really good outlets for grinding. In Meowth's stage you can get between 130 to 530 coins each time you finish it assuming you match the coins that spawn, 330 being the most reasonable to go for (4 coin match). Ampharos being a 50 turn stage means it has a ton of HP, so you'll be able to level things very quickly. For reference I already got Rayquaza to max level and even managed to jump from level 1 to 3 in one run (though the game glitches there and only keeps one of the level-ups since you shouldn't normally level up that fast).

If you perform the home buffering exploit, all of [ Blaziken, Xerneas, Heatran, Yveltal, Mewtwo ] should be available for capture at very affordable catch rates.

Reactions: JES
Hey, I do something similar when I play puzzles in Pokemon Amie (albeit that I just press B, and try to match the sides first, never thought of pressing the Home button.).

The Meowth and Ampharos stages actually make for really good outlets for grinding. In Meowth's stage you can get between 130 to 530 coins each time you finish it assuming you match the coins that spawn, 330 being the most reasonable to go for (4 coin match). Ampharos being a 50 turn stage means it has a ton of HP, so you'll be able to level things very quickly. For reference I already got Rayquaza to max level and even managed to jump from level 1 to 3 in one run (though the game glitches there and only keeps one of the level-ups since you shouldn't normally level up that fast).
130 to 530??!! The max. I'm getting in the Meowth stage is 230 if I'm lucky, as it only has 8 turns.

I just got this game recently and it's super addicting so far, but once you finish it is there any replay value? Other than just leveling up? Also they could have made this game so much cooler by having normal evolution not just mega evolution be a thing.

I just got this game recently and it's super addicting so far, but once you finish it is there any replay value? Other than just leveling up? Also they could have made this game so much cooler by having normal evolution not just mega evolution be a thing.
They add more main levels every once and awhile.

130 to 530??!! The max. I'm getting in the Meowth stage is 230 if I'm lucky, as it only has 8 turns.
I've had runs where Meowth gave me a good combo with the Coin "disruption" and the coins comboed enough that I remember I've gotten as many as 1k-2k on good runs.

It's the Meowth day again today (the special kind), so I'll see how many coins I can get this time around. 3-4 is the amount I generally expect, but it can be lower or higher depending on luck / performance.

Oh, seems like you guys are talking about the special Meowth stage. I was talking about the regular Meowth stage (34) IIRC. Just found out that one gives way more coins, as you don't even have to beat the stage to get them, and the coins spawn every two turns. It also has 10 moves. Didn't even know this existed, I feel like I have missed out on a lot of coins T__T

Just finished at #8 in the Blastoisinite competition with a team of Mega Gengar/Zapdos/Sceptile/Raikou. Might try again and see if Mega Slowbro is a better idea. Ampharos as a Mega didn't go well, because my combos would constantly interrupt whenever his lightning kicked in.

Finally beat that fucking Mega Mawile. Had to spend all my time getting my hands on Lucario, Moltres and Charizard. Finally.

Here we go again! Stupid competitions! I need a Mega Water type, that way, maybe I'll have better luck with Onix!

Any how, I managed to get 16142 on the first try, but given that I don't know how that stacks up to other competitors (who probably want that Blastoisinite as badly as I do!), I'm probably going to go Lucchini's route, and try using different Megas to get an even higher score.

The last thing I want to do is be left out, and it isn't like I have anything better to do, since Milotic and Onix are currently out of my reach anyways.

Maybe we should try posting our scores, and try out-competing each other. Maybe we'll be able to out-compete most other players in this way!

Edit: I'm currently in #764. If I can maintain my position, I'm guaranteed to have my own Blastiosinite. I'll have to check back often, to make sure I don't get bumped down.

FYI: there are currently 45590 other players in my US region to play against. Keep that in mind, and good luck (unless it means bumping me out of the range of Blastiosinite)!

Double Edit: I've managed to bump my score up to 17304, placing myself in #601

It seems that the top 5 use Ampharos, Zapdos, Raikou, and Sceptile, so I'm probably going to continue using those.

Continuing to check on my ranking I think will help me know if I need to continue getting a higher score or not.

Last edited:
I'm in FR so EU ranking ... Only 10k ? WOW that sux ! I did one try ... Only 10K points, around the 16kth rank :( :( :( I don't want to buy an item, but I do want my Tortoiseit :D
I have a level 7 Mega Ampharos, Zapdos & Raikou & Sceptile level 6 ... I know I'm slow, I don't like clicking like mad :D

I will train to improve until Saturday, and if needed, I will use the 20K gold I have on that !

I don't know how, but I was well ranked for Lucarionite !

I unfortunately missed out on Lucarionite and will not do so again with Blastoisinite, especially since it's my favourite Pokemon. I managed 12k on a dry run with no bonuses thanks to the usual team of Ampharos/Raikou/Zapdos/Sceptile... it got me into the 9k range but I want to make absolutely sure I don't get bumped.

Even though Ampharos may interrupt combos, I think it's not the best option as your score is directly influenced by how much damage you do. Slowbro might be great for combo retention but if it's doing less damage per hit, it seems like you might do less damage overall and therefore score less...

Last edited:
...do not... mention... Lucarionite... *cries*

Yeah... and the shear number of people competing already compared to... Lucarionite... is just staggering. This game grew fast.

Got ~13.7K on M-Blastoise with the standard Ampharos/Raikou/Zapdos/Sceptile. If we had a grass or electric mega who could have a mega ability that's not disruptive to combos...that would be great. Anyway, I'm around 6K in the rankings right now and I'm not comfortable with that at all. Were it Lucario I would be, but there are so many people competing for a stone here that I don't feel safe.

Is it better to use -1 Complexity or Mega Start when facing M-Glalie? Currently stuck on that part with a Mawile, Combusken, Aerodactyl, and Sawk. Its disruptions are overwhelming.

Is it better to use -1 Complexity or Mega Start when facing M-Glalie? Currently stuck on that part with a Mawile, Combusken, Aerodactyl, and Sawk. Its disruptions are overwhelming.
I prefer the Mega Start or Disruption Delay. Mega Glalie has multiple complexities between Snorunt and Glaceon, and it's easier to just clear those as you go and deal damage before he freezes and limits the board.

At least, that was the strategy I used for him.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I got myself a nice score of 17548 with no items, the usual Ampharos/Raikou/Zapdos/Sceptile team. That's currently sitting at 1930 out of 136466 in the US but if scores are anywhere comparable to the Mega Lucario competition that's plenty good enough. I've been farming coins off of the Meowth stage so I've got loads of coins to use if need be on the last day.

Also yeah, Complexity -1 is a great item and all and it would definitely be useful but unless you've been farming coins for awhile, Disruption Delay and/or Mega Start is all you'll need to beat Megas, especially Glalie. +5 turns also helps too especially if you're aiming for the S ranks to try and get Mewtwo.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got 16529 with complexity/disruption delay with level 5 ampharos, rotom, raichu and whimsicott. pretty ok with that at rank 1707 for europe rankings (even tho aus...) so hopefully i stay there by the end of the week!

also i didn't start playing until after lucarionite so i'm sad i missed it OH WELL i'm sure it'll appear again somehow in some extra way. maybe if they sold it for like 2 bucks i would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)