Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

My ranking has been bumped down to #2342. That still puts me well within a margin of error, but I want to try to keep it from getting any higher than 3K.
If necessary, I intend to use all my coins in a last ditch effort to keep me from getting bumped.

I still have 4 days to get bumped by richer luckier better players.

I managed to catch Rayquaza today. I thought it was going to be this crazy overpowered force, but it isn't. Just a regular 70 power Dragon type -__-

Holy shit, using -1 complexity made such a huge difference in my score for Blastoise. I got 21~ k and got in the top 500, and could've done even better if I hadn't dropped the combo like a chump. Probably don't need to worry about getting bumped anymore...

Edit: Fluke, you should make sure to catch Dragonite. It's easily the best dragon-type in the game and combos really well with Altaria/Haxorus/Rayquaza for catching any other dragon types.

I spent all of my coins in experience boosts just so mega mawile and the steel squad could take care of him. *spoiler* Mega gengar is even worst... *spoiler*
Mega Gengar at least has some tricks to him. If you bring Haunter, he still uses it for his disruption, so Gengar doesn't clutter your board with disruptions as much and can even start combos for you. And unlike most Megas, Gengar is weak to his own disruption type.

I recommend Sableye, Zoroark/Yveltal, Absol (for Mind Zap), and Haunter for him. Gets me the most consistent results in my attempts to S-Rank.

Holy shit, using -1 complexity made such a huge difference in my score for Blastoise. I got 21~ k and got in the top 500, and could've done even better if I hadn't dropped the combo like a chump. Probably don't need to worry about getting bumped anymore...

Edit: Fluke, you should make sure to catch Dragonite. It's easily the best dragon-type in the game and combos really well with Altaria/Haxorus/Rayquaza for catching any other dragon types.
Alright, going to try it right now. Bye bye life ~

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How do you beat froakie w/o mega start ?_? I SHOULDN'T BE SUFFERING AT A FROAKIE OF ALL THINGS.................

Use your classic Mega-Amp / Sceptile / Raikou / Zapdos ... Mega start is not needed. Howewer I didn't manage to get a S-rank on him, only a A one. Maybe Mega Start is the thing.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i don't have raikou and suicune and sceptile :( i will just wait a few days for mega start then! cbf'd unlocking the dogs and getting sceptile lol

One of the issues you face in the Froakie stage is the square of frozen Froakies in the middle. If you use a Pokemon with the Eject ability in your party and keep starting combos by matching the Eject mons first, you should get rid of the Froakies in no time at all, allowing easier future comboing.

Any team of grass/electrics will do, but Tropius is the only effective mon with Eject you can have at that point. You might want +5 Moves and trained 70BP electrics/Septile to S-rank the stage, but you should clear in 10 turns with whatever you've got at that point.

Also, everything you've unlocked in EX stages should be easy to capture by doing the home menu buffering. It's a big help for the main storyline.

Same, I can't do it either as the home menu doesn't show the bottom screen.
If you want to view the stage, you can use the note section, but the main way to use the home menu is that it stalls for 2 seconds when you resume the game before the game starts counting down, which gives you more time to look for moves.

Yes Yes, I still don't know how you can be all so fast ... I decided to use that, manage to get Blaziken with 1 Hp (i finished him in 3 sec), I use a jewel and the catching rate went to 41% IIRC, and I managed to get him ...

For Heatran, I will wait my Blastoisite :D
For Xerneas / Yveltal / Mewtwo, I have to think about it

You just keep staring at the screen, looking for new opportunities to keep the combo going, while you continuously home in and out, interrupting the process to quickly match the most advantageous of the options available. It gets tedious if you overdo this, but you also need some time to 'perfect' the 'technique' and it really pays off in EX-stages because your only other alternative is to farm coins and pay up... or face abysmally low catch rates.

Arghh, I dropped down to ~11000, but I really want that Mega Blastoise..

Also, Meowth day today, let's farm some coins.

Still well within a margin of error. I'm at #4830. I have enough coins for a -Complexity if needed.

Bloody hell. I'm able to play the Mega Stoise stage, but Mmy new high score isn't sending and I couldn't see the rankings yesterday. I'm sure my original 14k, that was good enough for top 13k two days ago is not good for the top 20 k anymore. I just did over 19k, but it's not sending, always "Failed to update high scores."

I was 3300 yesterday, now 9400. God damn it, I'm afraid I won't make it into the top 10000..

Also, another Meowth day today. Got 2600 coins from it, /o/

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
5903 right now there's like only 48 hours max left so I should be fine I'd say...? Maybe??? Out of 109627 that's... p good at least lol

Used both boosts, but since I'm not as far in the game as everyone else, and I'm too lazy to go back and catch Pokemon I failed to catch (and I ALWAYS fail on 70-80% catch rates for some stupid reason), I was at 21000 ish... now I'm at 30174... I was so close...

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Less than 12 hours until the competition ends and I'm sitting at 6751/195069 in the US. It's unnerving seeing my score in the 17000's fall that low when a similar score for Mega Lucario got me at least twice as high a rank, but with more people this time around that's not surprising. I'm sure more people are using items this time around too, and I will too if I have to but I'd like to preserve my coins for the inevitable addition of stages after this ends (or I'd assume so if Mega Lucario competition is anything to go off of).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)