SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have but a moment of your time.
I have two-plus-one big questions that I can't find the answers to anymore, and I hope it's allowed if I ask them

- Do we know when we're getting Type: Null in the game? Is it before the postgame? What level do we get it?

- What are Alolan Exeggutor's stats? In general, when is that discussion coming out? Alolan Exeggutor discussion needs to be a thing; it's the best part of Sun and Moon.

- Could I get a link to the pastebin revealing all of the Pokemon's base stats? I can't find it anywhere. I had it just a day or so ago but then it just disappeared.

I realize this may take time due to testing, but after the game is released; how soon will we see optimized sets for OU, Ubers, VGC, etc. I.e. how will we know what natures to get for one off mons? I think many competitive players will blow through their first playthrough, and it would be lame to have to re-start due to a lack of data.

I have two-plus-one big questions that I can't find the answers to anymore, and I hope it's allowed if I ask them

- Do we know when we're getting Type: Null in the game? Is it before the postgame? What level do we get it?

- What are Alolan Exeggutor's stats? In general, when is that discussion coming out? Alolan Exeggutor discussion needs to be a thing; it's the best part of Sun and Moon.

- Could I get a link to the pastebin revealing all of the Pokemon's base stats? I can't find it anywhere. I had it just a day or so ago but then it just disappeared.
1. I think that counts as a story spoiler so not allowed in this thread. You could try asking in story spoiler discussion thread.

2. There is an A-Exeggutor discussion thread you just need to look.

3. All the Base stat and other data that we know of can be found in the Mine Resource Thread which Is Stickied.

I'm not finding them in the game or story text.. so it is possible they were scrapped.
Also damn if this is true catching stuff like heavy ball beldums and legends is going to be annoying not to mention hatching eggs and raising friendship.

1) That's probably more part of the story spoiler thread; I'd look there at least. I'd prefer ths kind of information outside of this thread, but that's just me.

2)+3) Well nearly everything you ask for is in the Mine Resorce thread that says LOOK HERE FIRST :D

edit: Well, ninja'd with the exact same answers, nice :D

1) That's probably more part of the story spoiler thread; I'd look there at least. I'd prefer ths kind of information outside of this thread, but that's just me.

2)+3) Well nearly everything you ask for is in the Mine Resorce thread that says LOOK HERE FIRST :D

edit: Well, ninja'd with the exact same answers, nice :D

Thanks. I was confused because I had a separate pastebin with just the stats before, so it confused me.

Wild Pokemon can summon other wild Pokemon for help.

As more Pokemon are summoned in the same battle, the chance of shiny or high-IV Pokemon increases. (May also be the case with Hidden Abilities, I guess)
Does this apply to fishing only?

Incase anyone was still wondering, Horde Battles are indeed gone. Confirmed by PokemonPhD. Incredibly annoying they're gone since they were such a great way to EV train. I guess with Adrenaline Orb you can get the same effect, just a bit longer. Hopefully wild Pokemon summon same EV giving ally's.

https://twitter.com/pokemon_PhD/status/796592831267819520

Anyways, I know it may have been mentioned earlier but it appears the Burn status was indeed nerfed: it now does 1/16th (6.25%) damage per turn instead of 1/8th (12.5%) damage per turn.

It was essentially reverted back to the way it was in Generation 1.
So what you're saying is HERACROSS BUFF!

I asked this question back on page 22 but never got an answer.
Can Z-moves bypass abilities and deal normal damage.
So for some examples, would a Z-move Bug buzz or Hyper Voice be able to hit a Soundproof Pokemon. Earthquake Z-move being able to hit Levitate Pokemon. And would a Surf Z-move be able to hit Water Absorb and Storm Drain Pokemon?
so what i'm trying to say is this. "Is using a Z-move like having Mold breaker for that turn only?"

also what effects happen for non damaging Z-moves with set up. for example quiver dance and swords dance?

So for some examples, would a Z-move Bug buzz or Hyper Voice be able to hit a Soundproof Pokemon. Earthquake Z-move being able to hit Levitate Pokemon. And would a Surf Z-move be able to hit Water Absorb and Storm Drain Pokemon?
so what i'm trying to say is this. "Is using a Z-move like having Mold breaker for that turn only?"

also what effects happen for non damaging Z-moves with set up. for example quiver dance and swords dance?

I am not sure if anyone has tested this yet. I assume if protect doesn't block them fully, abilities don't block them fully. Only typings would fully block some

I am not sure if anyone has tested this yet. I assume if protect doesn't block them fully, abilities don't block them fully. Only typings would fully block some
Lets hope this is true. I wouldn't mind a 20% nerf to Bug buzz/ Hyper voice z-moves if its hitting a soundproof Pokemon.

Also iv'e downloaded my own copy of Andy Qi's Pokedex and found that it has the Z-effects of every move. Looks like quiver dance z-move, just re-sets all the users stats to 0 again. :/ how pointless is that. i guess it can restore lost stats like attack from intimidate but why bother.

While I can't answer for type null-ing abilities, using Bug Buzz as the base would work because you are using the Bug Z-move Savage Spin Out, not Bug Buzz itself. Bug Buzz just decides the Z-move's base power. So soundproof won't block it. Likewise for Hyper Voice, it would become the normal Z-move Breakneck Blitz.

While I can't answer for type null-ing abilities, using Bug Buzz as the base would work because you are using the Bug Z-move Savage Spin Out, not Bug Buzz itself. Bug Buzz just decides the Z-move's base power. So soundproof won't block it. Likewise for Hyper Voice, it would become the normal Z-move Breakneck Blitz.
That's awesome news! Guess my set up sweepers in battle maison/ (or battle tree as its now called in sun and moon) Super Singles now have a chance to shine.

THey are planned as Playthrough and CP I am still not 100% sure on the oricorio on my sun team, because I have a severe lack of Physical attackers(Just Inceniroar and Mixxed attacker Komma-o), and I would like 1 other pokemon to have toxic so I can poison more of the team other then just Baneful protect on Toxa. Plus I have no one to resist ground moves, and putting in a flier would give me 3 pokemon weak to ice and rock. hard choice for that last one. If I didn't feel like I needed an extra physical attacker I would go Oricorio Pom Pom for its cutness

Well the fire Oricicorio could be used, and Alolan Marrowack is actually a very hard hitter.

You teams seem nice and solid honextly
How about Skarmory?

That's awesome news! Guess my set up sweepers in battle maison/ (or battle tree as its now called in sun and moon) Super Singles now have a chance to shine.
Just got back from the Z-move forum.

According to tests with the original demo, using a Z-move against something immune to it both blocks the Z-move and uses up your crystal. So using Hydro Vortex on a Water Absorb 'mon would both heal the opponent and use up your 1 Z-move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back