SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just curious, why would you want a neutral nature on them?
It's because neutral natured Pokemon can eat any berry without gettng confused, even after using a nature mint, so technically they're now the "best nature". It's only really relevant against mons that use trick, so you can give them a berry they won't like assuming someone went through the effort of getting a good nature on them. It's an edgecase sort of thing.

Why would you want 0 IVs in the first place?
This however, is more relevant. 0 Atk IVs is prefered on Special Attackers because you take less from Foul Play, something that's gonna be relevant for Galarian Articuno!

It's because neutral natured Pokemon can eat any berry without gettng confused, even after using a nature mint, so technically they're now the "best nature". It's only really relevant against mons that use trick, so you can give them a berry they won't like assuming someone went through the effort of getting a good nature on them. It's an edgecase sort of thing.

This however, is more relevant. 0 Atk IVs is prefered on Special Attackers because you take less from Foul Play, something that's gonna be relevant for Galarian Articuno!
That makes sense, though I'm not sure most players have the patience for that.

Is my obsession with niche combinations really such that I value "can take two natures for different parts, one of which is extremely unlikely to ever matter" more than "massive quality-of-life boost"? Since I have a newfound appreciation for nature mints, apparently so.

I mean, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised with myself. I always did take stat numbers as secondary to whatever stupid thing I wanted to do and the primary effect of natures is just stat numbers.

Wonder if the similarities to Rapidash are intentional. A ghostly horse sounds like a corrupted magic horse, while an icy horse sounds like a reversed fiery horse. The manes even look kinda similar for both.

Also, I'm still not completely convinced. Until we get official info, Schrodinger's box remains unopened.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Yall, I wouldn't be so quick to jump into conclusions. It's still a decently likely possibility that they are fake models (remember the aligator fly leak, that too was an entirely fake mon that still had all the effort of a whole model and texture being put into it)

Not saying they are necessarely fake, just saying that this doesn't confirm nor deny their existance being real

It's because neutral natured Pokemon can eat any berry without gettng confused, even after using a nature mint, so technically they're now the "best nature". It's only really relevant against mons that use trick, so you can give them a berry they won't like assuming someone went through the effort of getting a good nature on them. It's an edgecase sort of thing
Wait, so isn't this assuming the opposing pokemon's (who you are tricking the "wrong" berry to) true nature isn't neutral?

Seems ridiculously fringe, actually not even worth it, because the whole premise revolves on an assumption of the opposing pokemons true nature, which is impossible to predict?

The missing ankles are a completely random design element. It would be one thing if multiple body parts were unevenly disjointed: if the tail were in several parts, if the legs were broken in different places, or if the animal weren't otherwise completely smooth and immaculate.

A lot of spectral horses are described as not having hooves, having their hooves be obscured by shadow, etc. If real, it's actually a really clever nod to the original myths.

... Yes, I'm the only person on Smogon who likes both Calyrex and Spectrier. Gimme my Shadow Rider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)