SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

That is so strange that it doesn't get stab from its signature move.
G-Stunfisk's only ability changes its type depending on the terrain, in all probability it will likely lose its decent typing immediately and become normal, like with the camouflage move. And stab on a 35 bp move ain't really anything in the first place.

They're undiscovered because they're horrible Frankenstein mutants, you can't staple a fish to a stegosaurus ass and expect it to be able to breed.
Well not with that attitude, you pessimist.

———

Onto the leaks: Is it just me, or does it seem like power creep hit this generation harder than usual? At least with the past two generations the power creep was due to the gimmick of that gen; this time, pokemon’s movepools have been vastly improved with things like Nasty Plot being a learnable move on a lot more mons.

And if the comments section would allow me, may I talk about Zacian for a little bit?

From what I understand, this thing has a 170 attack stat with an incredibly high speed stat as well, and an ability that gives it a free attack boost when it switches in. Also Swords Dance. It learns Play Rough and Crunch, which means unless I missed something and there was a Fire/Fairy type in the dex, the only things that resist that combination are G-Weezing, EDIT: Mawile and another Zacian. So with a Swords Dance boost, this thing is nigh unstoppable. In fact,

Zacian Life Orb / Lum Berry (status might be a good check otherwise?)
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Crunch

^^ Choose an appropriate boosting move for the situation and go to town. If you don’t like this set, you can swap in any of the elemental fangs, Sacred Sword or Iron Head depending on how the meta develops.

On top of what I just said, it also has objectively the best defensive type in the game (2W, 9R, 2I), pretty good defensive stats on top of that, resists Extremespeed and takes little damage from the other priority moves. And it might have a signature move too (Behemoth Blade?). Like, I thought GF would have learned its lesson with Mega Rayquaza, but apparently no. I wonder if this thing is even more broken than Mega-Ray, just because it can easily tailor its movepool to counter whatever it needs to.

Final comment: Why is greninja back in these games? And why does it look like a furry football player too?

Last edited:
Is it just me or is shuckle missing from the speadsheet? It's weird not seeing him at the top of the def and spdef stat tabs.

Also do we know how to get fossil HAs? Haven't had the chance to look at the raid text yet since I'm on mobile, are we in front of another Tyrantrum and Amaura situation?

one person said it and its been endlessly repeated with no proof
It's kinda frustrating to not get answers from the people repeating this assumption. The move is given to Pokemon who would really appreciate reliable recovery, so it would be nice to know how good it actually is.

Is the only difference between Gigantamaxing and Dynamaxing that Gigantamax forms have unique moves for the pokemon? Is there a difference in HP or possible(unlikely) stats?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Probably not, if there's one aspect of competitive play they're laziest about it's the moves. The vast majority of new moves created over the past few gens are gimmicks limited to one evolutionary line.
Most of those moves have been distributed down the line- look at strength sap or first impression

I think going forward, until we actually get the game to test it, we should assume Life Dew only heals 25% since no one has provided any evidence to suggest it works differently in singles. Which kinda makes it useless as 25% isn't enough.

New move Bolt Beak Electric, Physical 85 BP, 100% accuracy. If the user attacks before the target, the power of this move is doubled.

Imma gonna be back with a scarf and spam 170 BP lightning strikes.
Who learns this move though? As powerful as this move is, feels like such powerful moves with strong BP and positive effects without drawbacks seems to be something given to slow af mons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)