SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Something funny to me is that, with Body Press and dynamax, Ferrothorn could actually run a decent offensive set now with something like...

Life Orb/Leftovers
Curse
Body Press
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed/Power Whip (maybe even Bulldoze for SpD Max boost or coverage it might otherwise miss)

Probably not an amazing set at all but it would be fun to play around with at the least.

Aside Zacian is sure not to be OU, Gyarados is pretty sure.
Other Mons like Excadrill, TTar, Toxapex and Ferrothorn have been mentioned to may be UBER ...
Cinderace and Rillaboom are some more predictions from my side, but I'm not totally sure about anything at all.
You meant Zacian is UBER+ ?

Something funny to me is that, with Body Press and dynamax, Ferrothorn could actually run a decent offensive set now with something like...

Life Orb/Leftovers
Curse
Body Press
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed/Power Whip (maybe even Bulldoze for SpD Max boost or coverage it might otherwise miss)

Probably not an amazing set at all but it would be fun to play around with at the least.

Yes Body Press increases attack, Gyro increases defenses, Powe wip sets up grassy terrain. Also, in doubles it can support its companion and have some offensive utility

I want to choose one to use for both water and ice attack on my team, but I am not sure whether Lapras, Gyarados or Milotic are better. Since my goal is ice, I think Milotic with higher SP attack is better, but then Gyrados usually meta.

Lastly, Lapras could go Giganmax, while the others doesn't... so I am kidda confused.

Here are all the moves that have CanUseMove set to false. Moves that weren't listed in the original list of cut moves are in bold.
Karate Chop
Double Slap
Comet Punch
Razor Wind
Jump Kick
Rolling Kick
Twineedle
Sonic Boom
Dragon Rage
Meditate
Rage
Barrier
Bide
Mirror Move
Egg Bomb
Bone Club
Clamp
Spike Cannon
Constrict
Kinesis
Barrage
Lovely Kiss
Bubble
Dizzy Punch
Flash
Psywave
Bonemerang
Hyper Fang

Sharpen
Conversion
Sketch

Spider Web
Nightmare
Conversion 2
Aeroblast

Feint Attack
Foresight
Milk Drink
Return
Frustration
Sacred Fire
Magnitude
Pursuit
Hidden Power
Smelling Salts
Assist
Refresh
Snatch
Secret Power
Camouflage
Tail Glow
Luster Purge
Mist Ball

Mud Sport
Ice Ball
Needle Arm
Odor Sleuth
Silver Wind
Grass Whistle
Signal Beam
Sky Uppercut
Water Sport
Psycho Boost
Miracle Eye
Wake-Up Slap
Natural Gift
Embargo
Trump Card
Heal Block
Wring Out
Lucky Chant
Me First
Punishment
Heart Swap
Mud Bomb
Mirror Shot
Rock Climb
Magnet Bomb
Captivate
Chatter
Judgement

Heal Order
Roar of Time
Spacial Rend
Lunar Dance
Crush Grip
Magma Storm
Dark Void
Seed Flare

Ominous Wind
Shadow Force
Telekinesis
Flame Burst
Sychronoise
Chip Away
Sky Drop
Bestow
Heart Stamp
Steamroller
Head Charge
Searing Shot
Techno Blast
Relic Song
Fiery Dance

Rototiller
Ion Deluge
Diamond Storm
Steam Eruption
Hyperspace Hole
Powder
Geomancy
Oblivion Wing
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
Land's Wrath
Light of Ruin
Origin Pulse
Precipice Blades
Dragon Ascent
Hyperspace Fury

All the Z-moves (I'm not writing out them all)
Shore Up
Ice Hammer
Floral Healing

Spotlight
Toxic Thread
Revelation Dance
Core Enforcer
Beak Blast
Dragon Hammer
Fleur Cannon
Shadow Bone
Nature's Madness
Mind Blown

All the Let's Go partner moves

Interestingly, Accelerock and V-Create are still flagged as true.

Last edited:
Any ideas on what to name my Centiskorch and Arctozolt

For ref;
Intelleon named Soft and Wet
Corviknight named Black Rover
G-Rapidash named Slow Dancer
Runeigrius named Epitaph

Here are all the moves that have CanUseMove set to false. Moves that weren't listed in the original list of cut moves are in bold.
Karate Chop
Double Slap
Comet Punch
Razor Wind
Jump Kick
Rolling Kick
Twineedle
Sonic Boom
Dragon Rage
Meditate
Rage
Barrier
Bide
Mirror Move
Egg Bomb
Bone Club
Clamp
Spike Cannon
Constrict
Kinesis
Barrage
Lovely Kiss
Bubble
Dizzy Punch
Flash
Psywave
Bonemerang
Hyper Fang

Sharpen
Conversion
Sketch

Spider Web
Nightmare
Conversion 2
Aeroblast

Feint Attack
Foresight
Milk Drink
Return
Frustration
Sacred Fire
Magnitude
Pursuit
Hidden Power
Smelling Salts
Assist
Refresh
Snatch
Secret Power
Camouflage
Tail Glow
Luster Purge
Mist Ball

Mud Sport
Ice Ball
Needle Arm
Odor Sleuth
Silver Wind
Grass Whistle
Signal Beam
Sky Uppercut
Water Sport
Psycho Boost
Miracle Eye
Wake-Up Slap
Natural Gift
Embargo
Trump Card
Heal Block
Wring Out
Lucky Chant
Me First
Punishment
Heart Swap
Mud Bomb
Mirror Shot
Rock Climb
Magnet Bomb
Captivate
Chatter
Judgement
Heal Order
Roar of Time
Spacial Rend
Lunar Dance
Crush Grip
Magma Storm
Dark Void
Seed Flare

Ominous Wind
Shadow Force
Telekinesis
Flame Burst
Sychronoise
Chip Away
Sky Drop
Bestow
Heart Stamp
Steamroller
Head Charge
Searing Shot
Techno Blast
Relic Song
Fiery Dance

Rototiller
Ion Deluge
Diamond Storm
Steam Eruption
Hyperspace Hole
Powder
Geomancy
Oblivion Wing
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
Land's Wrath
Light of Ruin
Origin Pulse
Precipice Blades
Dragon Ascent
Hyperspace Fury

All the Z-moves (I'm not writing out them all)
Shore Up
Ice Hammer
Floral Healing

Spotlight
Toxic Thread
Revelation Dance
Core Enforcer
Beak Blast
Dragon Hammer
Fleur Cannon
Shadow Bone
Nature's Madness
Mind Blown

All the Let's Go partner moves

Judgement wasn't outright cut, was it? Nor was Chatter.

This has some interesting implications for Hackmons, like Plates and Judgement no longer being usable, though I guess the most common signature moves there (Sunsteel Strike et al) were left in. And it does seem like they essentially cut all the signature moves, but didn't want to commit to not bringing them back.

I suspect V-Create was left off the list because they used some sort of "can anything in the game learn this" filter and nothing can learn V-Create by any means other than events.

Cursola has better offensive presence, but Galarian Corsola has better overall defenses especially since Cursola’s physical bulk is kinda trash. Its a Dusclops/Dusknoir situation here.
That reminds me that Dusclops has to compete with Corsola for the bulky eviolite mon role. Given that Corsola has a better movepool, it looks pretty dire for Dusclops.

On the "Raw" sheet, flag 18 appears to implement the Metronome exclusion list, but without regard for which moves have been snapped. Moves that haven't been snapped, but are nonetheless incapable of being learned by anything in the dex, can probably still be called by Metronome as long as they're tagged for it in this column.
Thanks! Apparently we lost Moongeist Beam/Sunsteel Strike/Nature's Madness (also snapped) from the Metronome pool, and a number of ordinary new moves are unusable for whatever reason, if this list is what it looks to be. Odd move by gamefreak if true. Like, Branch Poke? At least they didn't just make every new Gen 8 move unusable but it's really weird.

Also, the PS dex is missing the ORAS additions of Dragon Ascent, Hyperspace Fury, Origin Pulse, and Precipice Blades in its Metronome description.

Mat Block, Fairy Lock, and event moves like Celebrate/Hold Back/etc are there too. So there are a few moves that are still 'usable' but unlearnable, not too many though.

I like how they were able to get rid of everything that learned Hyper Fang, probably the least exclusive move there.
-----
I'll wait for the release date and mechanic testing to see how it all works in practice, but this "CanUseMove" stuff is looking to remove some of Metronome's power attacks. My dream scenario is Metronome being able to call the removed moves with Flag 18 since they have all the attack data, maybe not the animations. Probably won't happen though.

Also Clangorous Soul is a dance move. Lol

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
That reminds me that Dusclops has to compete with Corsola for the bulky eviolite mon role. Given that Corsola has a better movepool, it looks pretty dire for Dusclops.
Dusclop has Trick Room and Corsola doesn't, so Dusclops isn't entirely outclassed. If you're thinking doubles becasue of Trick Room, I've got even more good news for Dusclops. He learns Helping Hand, unlike Corsola. I'd say it's Corsola for Pure Defense in Singles, Dusclops for Trick Room and Doubles.

Out of curiosity, which is bulkier? Dusclops's 40/130/130 or Corsola's 60/100/100

Dusclop has Trick Room and Corsola doesn't, so Dusclops isn't entirely outclassed. If you're thinking doubles becasue of Trick Room, I've got even more good news for Dusclops. He learns Helping Hand but Corsola doesn't. I'd say it's Corsola for Pure Defense in Singles, Dusclops for Trick Room and Doubles.

Out of curiosity, which is bulkier? Dusclops's 40/130/130 or Corsola's 60/100/100
In essence, Corsola is because it has recovery that's better than Pain Split.

It's going to be interesting to see G-Corsola as a Cursed Body mon that is actually bulky. When contacting Corsola there is a 33% chance that you can't hit it with your most powerful move again, as opposed to Duscolps' Pressure which he can't make much use of.

It's going to be interesting to see G-Corsola as a Cursed Body mon that is actually bulky. When contacting Corsola there is a 33% chance that you can't hit it with your most powerful move again, as opposed to Duscolps' Pressure which he can't make much use of.
You also have to take into account strength sap dropping your attack constantly. Physical sweepers have to be careful about this thing.

I was looking through the items txt dump trying to make sense of it before I realized it pretty much includes every item that has ever existed in the franchise. Soooo what I’m searching for in vain is the existence of an item that CLEARS EVs. I didn’t play sun/moon so I don’t know if there were previous items in those games that served that function that are likely to reoccur in this set of games.

Unless it got changed, Cursed Body actually triggers 30% of the time, and can trigger when hit with ANY attack, not just ones that make contact.

Also, don't underestimate Pressure. It's a mighty fine ability on pretty much anything that's bulky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)