SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The longer we go without anyone else corroborating this leak, the more suspicious I'm getting. I want this to be real, but I'm still reserving judgement on that.
It was a Home datamine, no? Wouldn't it be simple for someone to dig in there and confirm it?

You'd think but none of the usual suspects have done so. Or commented on it at all.

On the other hand it's not like anyone is disproving it which would require doing the same thing anyway so....who knows
From what I am reading on 4chan, this datamine was done from the mobile version, or the HOME CDN server, or something like that. Someone posted a picture of him accessing the CDN server, with a partially obscurated URL, and the moves are seemingly there. SciresM usually works with the Switch version, which may be why he has not heard about this yet. Then again, both him and his friends (Kaphotics and Matt) seem completely inactive on Twitter, it's weird that they would not have heard of this yet at all and not have given a single comment.

two cents: meteor beam could even be a dragon move for all we know (didn't see anyone consider the possibility), and how come like everyone is 110% sure the shell side arm move is slowbro-g's sig, even tho we've never seen a clear image of what slowbro-g looks like? (afaik)

i mean there could be other pokes with shells *shrugs*

My guess is that flip turn will be a signature move of the water/fighting type mythical. It looks like a pretty acrobatic mon so it would make sense. If this is the case I don't see pokemon like toxapex and toad getting it. Maybe in future gens it will get wider distribution and mons like greninja and keldeo would get it, just speculation though

My guess is that flip turn will be a signature move of the water/fighting type mythical. It looks like a pretty acrobatic mon so it would make sense. If this is the case I don't see pokemon like toxapex and toad getting it. Maybe in future gens it will get wider distribution and mons like greninja and keldeo would get it, just speculation though
I doubt it will be a signature move of Rapid Strike Urshifu. Surging Strikes matches up nicely with its preference to "overwhelm the opponent with a flurry of rapid strikes" just as Wicked Blow matches up with Single Strike Urshifu's preference to "leap in close in an instant to deliver a powerful blow". That said, Greninja and Cinderace both got two signature moves while the other starters only got one, and Midday Lycanroc got Accelerock while Midnight got Counter, so it's entirely possible that Game Freak will pull that bullshit again with Urshifu.

I doubt it will be a signature move of Rapid Strike Urshifu. Surging Strikes matches up nicely with its preference to "overwhelm the opponent with a flurry of rapid strikes" just as Wicked Blow matches up with Single Strike Urshifu's preference to "leap in close in an instant to deliver a powerful blow". That said, Greninja and Cinderace both got two signature moves while the other starters only got one, and Midday Lycanroc got Accelerock while Midnight got Counter, so it's entirely possible that Game Freak will pull that bullshit again with Urshifu.
very true, I haven't paid much attention to the mythicals, just know the typings and what they look like. If it isn't exclusive, then it all depends on what the move description is because pokemon like toxapex wouldn't be able to "flip" (if this is what the move implies). Then again, everything gets scald even though they don't have means of heating water so we'll see.

very true, I haven't paid much attention to the mythicals, just know the typings and what they look like. If it isn't exclusive, then it all depends on what the move description is because pokemon like toxapex wouldn't be able to "flip" (if this is what the move implies). Then again, everything gets scald even though they don't have means of heating water so we'll see.
I'm guessing it'll be mobile swimmers rather than things like Toxapex. Sort of like how Mothim (the agile-ish moth) gets U-Turn but Wormadam (the coccoon-bound moth) doesn't.

Which is to say Urshifu will probably get it anyway and I wouldn't be shocked to see other athletic fighting types and a number of mammals alongside a bunch of fish.

I'm guessing it'll be mobile swimmers rather than things like Toxapex. Sort of like how Mothim (the agile-ish moth) gets U-Turn but Wormadam (the coccoon-bound moth) doesn't.

Which is to say Urshifu will probably get it anyway and I wouldn't be shocked to see other athletic fighting types and a number of mammals alongside a bunch of fish.
For me, the question is, what non-Water types get it, if any? U-turn became such a pivotal move for the game because it had very wide distribution (as opposed to something like Volt Switch which is almost exclusively tied to Electric mons) and allowed players to play mind games. Water coverage isn’t a bad thing to have either.

For me, the question is, what non-Water types get it, if any? U-turn became such a pivotal move for the game because it had very wide distribution (as opposed to something like Volt Switch which is almost exclusively tied to Electric mons) and allowed players to play mind games. Water coverage isn’t a bad thing to have either.
Bears came to mind so I could hoenstly see Pangoro & Ursaring get it even if the yaren't the most...atheltetically buitl Pokemon. beartic's another obvious one. You could proabbly extent it to our various weasels/mustalids get it
In terms of fighting types I really wouldn't be surprised if something like Machamp or Hawlucha got it. Fairly humanoid, atheltic bodies. Grapploct, the pokemo nthat should have been part water to begin with.

I'll admit I might be overestimating these pokemon's ability to swim well.

Bears came to mind so I could hoenstly see Pangoro & Ursaring get it even if the yaren't the most...atheltetically buitl Pokemon. beartic's another obvious one. You could proabbly extent it to our various weasels/mustalids get it
In terms of fighting types I really wouldn't be surprised if something like Machamp or Hawlucha got it. Fairly humanoid, atheltic bodies. Grapploct, the pokemo nthat should have been part water to begin with.

I'll admit I might be overestimating these pokemon's ability to swim well.

Attachments

Alright I've never made a post on here, but I've seen a few videos made on the topic and thought I'd share my ideas about what the moves could be. I've been thinking about it quite a bit recently. So here we go, I have like 1-2 ideas about each.

These mostly are not probable at all but I thought they sounded cool in my head.

Expanding force: Psychic type
1. Power: 100 Accuracy: 95% Special move Effect: Has a 50% chance to lower the users Special Attack
2. Power: 85 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: Has a 20% chance to make the target Flinch

Steel Roller: Steel type
1. Power: 120 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: The user suffers 1/3 recoil damage
2. Power: 120 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: The user's Speed and Attack drop by 1 stage

Scale Shot: Dragon Type
1. Power: 25 Accuracy: 90% Physical move Effect: Hits the target between 2 and 5 times
2. Power: 80 Accuracy: 95% Physical move Effect: Ignores redirection

Meteor Beam: Rock Type
1. Power: 130 Accuracy: 90% Special move Effect: Lowers the user's special attack by 2 stages
2. Power: 105 Accuracy: 85% Special move Effect: Has a 25% chance to lower the users Special Attack by 1 stage

Misty Explosion: Fairy Type
1. Power: 200 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: User faints and as a result sets up Misty Terrain

Grassy Glide: Grass type
1. Power: 50 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: Has +1 priority
2. Power: -- Accuracy: -- Status move Effect: Raises the user's Speed by 2 stages

Rising Voltage: Electric type
1. Power: 40 Accuracy: 100% Special move Effect: Raises the user's Special Attack by 1 stage
2. Power: -- Accuracy: -- Status move Effect: Raises the user's Special Attack and Speed by 1 stage

Terrain Pulse: Normal Type
1. Power: 60 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: Variable effect based on terrain type.
Grassy Terrain: Users recovers 2/3 damage dealt
Misty Terrain: Cures the user of their status condition
Psychic Terrain: Confuses the target
Electric Terrain: Lowers the Speed of the target by 1 stage

Skitter Smack: Bug Type
1. Power: 45 Accuracy: 95% Physical move Effect: Hits the target twice
2. Power: 70 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: Has a 50% chance to raise the user's Speed by 1 stage

Burning Jealousy: Fire Type
1. Power: 75 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: Uses the target's stat changes when calculating damage
2. Power: -- Accuracy: -- Status move Effect: Steals the target's stat changes

Lash Out: Dark Type
1. Power: 80 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: Hits both opponents
2. Power: 120 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: The user can only use this move for 2-3 turns, and confuses the user afterwards

Poltergeist: Ghost Type
1. Power: -- Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: Variable damage based on the target's item (doesn't remove it)

Corrosive Gas: Poison Type
1. Power: 70 Accuracy: 100% Special move Effect: Hits Steel typing for super-effective damage
2. Power: -- Accuracy: 100% Status move Effect: Allows Steel types to be hit by Poison type attacks for neutral damage for 3-5 turns or switching out

Coaching: Fighting Type
1. Power: 50 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: The user's partner also attacks the user's target on their turn with this attack, in addition to attacking their target
2. Power: -- Accuracy: -- Status move Effect: Raises the user's and partner's Attack by 1 stage

Flip Turn: Water Type
1. Power: 70 Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: The user returns and is switched out with another pokemon
2. Power: -- Accuracy: 100% Physical move Effect: Lowers the target's Speed by 1 stage and the user is switched out with another pokemon

Triple Axel: Ice Type
1. Power: 30 Accuracy: 90% Physical move Effect: Hits the target 3 times
2. Power: -- Accuracy: -- Status move Effect: Raises the user's Attack, Defense, and Speed by 1 stage

Dual Wingbeat: Flying Type
1. Power: 50 Accuracy: 95% Physical move Effect: Hits the target twice

Scorching Sands: Ground Type
1. Power: 80 Accuracy: 100% Special move Effect: has a 25% chance to burn the target
2. Power: -- Accuracy: 90% Status move Effect: Burns the target. Ignores Fire types immunity to burn.

So there ya go, Sorry for the long post, but do let me know what you think about anything. Thanks!

Flip Turn is not really a "generic" acrobatic move, it's a specific maneveur in swimming (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumble_turn). The archetypal Pokémon that I would expect to be able to use this move are the likes of Poliwrath and Golduck, Pokémon that are built like Olympic swimmers. I expect it to be distributed fairly liberally anyhow, but Urshifu specifically is a Pokémon that I think WON'T get it; it seems to have a very tenuous relation with swimming or water itself, with its Water type powers coming from a very fluid form of surge energy or some shonen mumbo jumbo like that. An ursine Pokémon that is a more likely candidate would be Beartic, since white bears spend their entire lives swimming. Other non Water types that could get it are Pokémon that are known to be good swimmers like Dragonite, Lugia or Grapploct, while more sessile Water types like Toxapex, Corsola don't sound like they would fit the mold. Neither really do bodybuilder Pokémon that don't swim like Machamp, for example.

Just for speculations sake, I'll hazard a guess at what I feel they could be. Sorry if some of these are repeated.

Burning Jealousy [Fire-type] - A special version of Punishment? More BP the more stat boosts your opponent has. (Would love to see this against bulk up Corvi)

Coaching [Fighting-type] - Would guess a move like decorate but maybe increases a partners attack and defense by a stage?

Corrosive Gas [Poison-type] [Corrosion as a move] - My main hope is a poison style freeze-dry for steel types which I'm sure is what most people are guessing, but I'm going to lower my expectations and say it's something like tar shot - and it makes the target able to be hit by poison moves until they swap out, maybe lower a defense a stage or something aswell?

Dual Wingbeat [Flying-type] [Hits twice] - Could see it as a double hitting physical flying move as we are somewhat lacking in flying moves outside of BB.

Expanding Force [Psychic-type] - Not much of an idea here, maybe a psychic version of superpower or overheat, where it hardly lowers your stats or lowers 2 stats but for a really strong physical move.

Flip Turn [Water-type] [Pivoting move] - It already says it, I would hazard a guess and say water type u-turn learned by a lot of fish.

Grassy Glide [Grass-type] - Sounds a bit like magnet rise effect to me but I can't think of much a reason grass types would want that, unless it's like tailwind where it raises your team in the air for 4 turns, that could see some fun usage.

Jungle Healing [Grass-type] [Zarude's signature move]

Lash Out [Dark-type] - I get the impression of it being a Dark type reversal? Higher damage the lower your HP is.

Meteor Beam [Rock-type] - The much needed special rock type attack we've needed for some time. Maybe a rock overheat? Hopefully not a recharge move.

Misty Explosion [Fairy-type] - A Special fairy type self-destruct so weezing can go back to blowing itself up? Sounds like it could be very strong tho so I'm not sure.

Poltergeist [Ghost-type] - Physical move that removes all hazards from the field and damages the opponent for the each one removed, (20 base per hazard?) fails if no hazard.

Rising Voltage [Electric-type] - I'll be boring and say an electric type flame charge, 50 base that increases your speed.

Scale Shot [Dragon-type] - Maybe a physical move that doesn't make contact, 80 base or something.

Scorching Sands [Ground-type] - Ground type scald? Lets hope not.

Shell Side Arm [Galarian Slowbro's signature move] - No clue.

Skitter Smack [Bug-type] - Perhaps an increasing evasion move, 2 stages as a lot don't learn minimize?

Steel Roller [Steel-type] - We have moves like Gyro ball and heavy slam that work off opponents stats and attributes, so I'm gonna say like heavy slam but for size, the bigger you are the higher the base.

Surging Strikes [Water-type] [Urshifu Rapid Strike Style's signature move] - 2-5 hit water move?

Terrain Pulse [Normal-type] [Changes based on terrain] - Gonna be boring and say 80 base special move that takes on the terrains type.

Triple Axel [Ice-type] - Multihit physical ice move that hits 3 times? Maybe like a safer but lower reward icicle spear?

Wicked Blow [Dark-type] [Urshifu Single Strike Style's signature move] - Physical move that can flinch, basically beefed up bite.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi guys. Being French, I'll try to give my opinion on those using both language, as I think their might be some interesting things in the French translation for once :
Expanding Force : Vaste Pouvoir : If in English we can see the notion of 'expanding', which, as some said, could make us think of a charge with some psychic barrier, in French, there's only 'vaste', and it sounds more like 'wide'.
I'm not saying it won't be some 90BP Physical Psychic move like a lot of people are expecting it, but I'm more in the Superpower/Psycho Boost vibe, and I'd even say that's maybe a Psychic type Earthquake.
If we only keep in mind the English translation, then it could always be some kind of Psychic type Power-Up Punch.

Steel Roller : Métalliroue : A lot of things here. In my opinion, we could have a Steel-type Rapid Spin, Flame Charge, or even Flare Blitz.
Can't say much, except that there's more the 'wheel made of metal' aspect in the French translation, which makes me think a lot about speed, and therefore directs my choice more towards the Flame Charge version of it.

Scale Shot : Rafale Écailles : Dragon type move, which could be a 100BP physical/special move if we keep the English name. In French tho, it gives a big multihits vibe, thus a 25BP, 2-5 hits.
I'm not a big fan of this, as we already had Dragon Darts which, although not really a multihits, feels roughly the same as one.

Meteor Beam : Laser Météore : Rock type, god sake, I want this so badly, give us the Rock Type Special Earthquake we all want in some movepool. I'm really not seeing a physical move here, so whatever it is, if it's special, it should be fine. Unless it's 20BP...

Misty Explosion : Explo-Brume : I can see two things here. Obviously some selfdestructing move, with 200BP, and would either set the misty terrain, or lower the accuracy. But also, maybe just like Blacephalon, a BIG recoil move. Also, it could just be an explosion sent on the foe, thus not involving recoil at all.

Grassy Glide : Gliss’Herbe : The 'Gliss' makes me feel a lot of +2 Speed vibe, as it's more a French translation for Slide than Glide.
Could also be some Grass type Flame Charge, would be nice to see this.

Rising Voltage : Monte-Tension : The puns in both languages obviously redirect us towards some Levitate kind of status, just like Magnet Rise, but maybe with some downsides and advantages, for it not to be a complete copy paste of the move.
Could also be a damaging move which, in opposition to Roost, makes us rise until the end of the turn, which could be huge on some mons.

Terrain Pulse : Champlification : Of course, we all think of a Terrain varient of Weather Ball. But the 'amplification' in the French trad make me doubt it. It could be a boosting move, which would boost a different stat depending of the terrain. +2 Spe Def on Misty, +2 Spe Att on Psychic, +2 Att or maybe Def on Grassy, +2 Speed or maybe Att on Elec.
Maybe even +3, considering the dependence to terrain it would bring, but it seems to much for me.

Skitter Smack : Ravage Rampant : Could also be Dragon Type, but I feel like the Bug Type is cool here, with the 'Rampant' thing, fitting this type pretty well.
Could eventually be like a Bug type Thousand Waves, 90BP and trapping opponent, I can see that.
Maybe a Bug type Outrage, it could definitely be huge in some case.

Burning Jealousy : Feu Envieux : I love the idea some people had of a statut move which steals the stats.
Even if it would maybe be broken, I'd love to see another Spectral Thief in the form of this new Fire Type move.
Anyway, the special equivalent of Punishment everyone is bringing on the table is really the most likely, although, for me, not the most hype.

Lash Out : Cent Rancunes : I really like the idea of a Dark Type Reversal, it could be so nice to finally see another move like this one.
Obviously, we can always see some Dark Type Fire Lash, but the French trad is very specific.
If 'Cent Rancunes' is tied with 'Rancune', Grudge in English, then it could maybe be an offensive move which decreases the PP of the last move used by the opponent.
Nightmarish stalls in coming.

Poltergeist : Esprit Frappeur : Don't like the idea of a field clearing thing, removing entry hazards, but why not.
I mostly see a Trick or a Ghost Type Knock Off here.
To be continued.

Corrosive Gas : Gaz Corrosif : As said by others, could be a lot of things :
- A Poison Type Freeze Dry, which would either hit Steel or Rock super effectively, or even both, who knows.
- A statut move, which makes Pokemon weak to Poison, ignoring immunity.
- A Poison Gas also affecting Steel Types, making it a good balanced move.
- A Salazzle Toxic, basically just badly poisoning everything.

Coaching : Coaching : Could be anything, I'm mostly seeing a double move here.

Flip Turn : Eau Revoir : A lot of people are saying : "IT'S WATER UTURN LMAO".
It could, but it could also be some kind of Parting Shot.
In French, Parting Shot is 'Dernier Mot', and the pun of 'Eau Revoir' reminds me of that, 'Au revoir' being most of the time the 'dernier mots', or last words, you say to a person before splitting up.
Maybe some kind of variation for Parting Shot, dropping both Defs.
It could also be a Water-type Dragon Tail or Teleport, who knows.
Don't hype yourself so quickly, Game Freak can break those dreams in an instant.

Triple Axel : Triple Axel : Lot. Of. Things. Possible :
- Ice Type Rapid Spin.
- Ice Type Triple Kick.
- Ice Type Shift Gear.
- One of those three, but a special counterpart.
- Ice Physical counterpart for Quiver Dance.
It can be so much things, I won't list everything here but really, hyped for this one.

Dual Wingbeat : Double Volée : Please be a Flying Type Dragon Darts. I beg you.

Scorching Sands : Sable Ardent : I see some things for this, like everybody already said :
- Ground Type Freeze-Dry, for Grass and Bug Types, Physical or Special.
- Ground Type Scald, Physical or Special.
- Ground/Fire variant of Flying Press, Physical or Special.

Signature moves :

Wicked Blow : Poing Obscur : Maybe Dark Type Dynamic Punch, can't say for now.

Surging Strikes : Torrent de Coups : Maybe multihit Water Type move, can't say for now.

Jungle Healing : Selve Salvatrice

Shell Side Arm : Kokiyarme :
Slowbro-Galar, Probably Physical.

EDIT : New leaks of one new ability :

Quick Draw : A fantastic ability to bring would be one which grants its user +1 or +2 Priority on their first move each time they arrive on the field.

I'll keep updating this post whenever new ideas comes to me, or if we get more infos.
Thanks to you guys for reading, and feel free to give me feedback.
Have a nice day.

Attachments

Last edited:
My speculation is that every humanoidlike non-weaktowater type as well as every water type will have access to it.

Because U-turn and Volt-Switch were not distributed enough and Stealth Rock wasn't important enough yet
My guess is that Weavile, a prime candidate for both U Turn and Parting Shot that is overlooked, won't get it.

I'll bite, here's what I think these moves could be:
  • Expanding Force
    • I'm guessing Psychic-type, special, sets up terrain. Makes sense when you consider the other supposed terrain moves.
  • Steel Roller
    • Maybe just a Steel-type Steamroller, makes the most sense to me.
  • Scale Shot
    • Probably a Dragon-type special move, no idea if it will have any secondary effects if any, maybe defense drop as a drawback, à la Clanging Scales? Who knows.
  • Meteor Beam
    • Rock-type Steel Beam clone is my guess, could be a Rock-type Draco Meteor as well.
  • Misty Explosion
    • I'm guessing Fairy-type, special, sets up terrain. Makes sense when you consider the other supposed terrain moves.
  • Grassy Glide
    • I'm guessing Grass-type, special, sets up terrain. Makes sense when you consider the other supposed terrain moves.
  • Rising Voltage
    • I'm guessing Electric-type, special, sets up terrain. Makes sense when you consider the other supposed terrain moves.
  • Terrain Pulse
    • Probably Weather Ball for terrain yeah, my money's on that.
  • Skitter Smack
    • Looks like a physical Bug-type move to me, perhaps with some kind of interaction with Water Sport or Rain, making it have extra power, or increase speed?
  • Burning Jealousy
    • Maybe something à la Punishment but Fire-type and Special? I'd guess that.
  • Lash Out
    • Probably a Dark-type physical move, but I have no idea what the secondary effect could be. Maybe an Outrage / Thrash clone?
  • Poltergeist
    • Maybe this is the widely distributed physical Ghost-type STAB we've been waiting for?
  • Corrosive Gas
    • I'm guessing Poison Gas but being able to poison Poison- and Steel-types.
  • Coaching
    • I'd think this is a status Fighting move, not sure if this is exactly how it would work, but It'd be cool if it was a Doubles moves that increased the power of a given move used by your ally. So example, Sawk uses Karate Chop, Throh uses coaching on Sawk, now everytime Sawk uses Karate Chop it's gonna have a power boost until Sawk switches out.
  • Flip Turn
    • This is definitely Water-type U-turn, no doubts.
  • Triple Accel
    • Ice-type physical, probably with a Triple Kick kind of gimmick? They could make the hits 20, 30, and 40 BP for this one maybe to buff it.
  • Dual Wingbeat
    • Flying-type, Dual Chop clone, is my guess.
  • Scorching Sands
    • Going with the Ground-type Scald idea, makes the most sense to me.
The other moves are pretty clearly signature moves for Galarian Slowbro, both Urshifu, and Zarude. But yeah these are my best guesses, enjoyed seeing what others thought as well!
To be fair, people have been using Phantom Force a lot more recently because of Dynamax since you can go first, you can stall out a turn of Dynamax as a result on Cartridge format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)