SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

I just fought wild Cobalion and it was... really lame

At first the fight was interesting because it boosted itself quickly and started to do too much damage. But when I had 2 mons left... it started spamming Sword Dance and Sacred Sword against my Ghost type that would have died to Iron Head. Almost as if the AI realized I was losing so it decided to Gary Stu me and not let me lose

Which is lame af, just let me lose. I fucked up, and I shoul be punsihed by it. That was so anticlimactic I swear
that seems to be a running theme: earlier when I saw people about to lose the campion, gmax charizard started sandbagging all of a sudden. pretty sure they dont want the kiddies to get disheartened and slapped down by some of these challenges.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Has anyone tried out the galar star tournament? Any unique team comps for me to record? Any trainers besides the SWSH staples?

You're fucking joking right?

Centro i know you've been jacking off at the reactions in this thread... please tell me you're joking?!?
Since alot seem to be unfamiliar with pokemon go thats how it works there at the moment

Im every raid the legendary doesnt look shiny by default and after beating the raid each person individually gets a chance to encounter a shiny or not, meaning that if one person gets a shiny the others most probably dont

More go mechanics... yay?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack

You're fucking joking right?

Centro i know you've been jacking off at the reactions in this thread... please tell me you're joking?!?
Something about this makes me want to mash my keyboard like I'm having a seizure. I think it has do with using the wrong Pokeball for a Shiny and not knowing until it's the wrong one until it's too late.

He's not joking: I just watched Shofu's stream and he got a shiny Latios while eveyone else got a normal one.
Interesting... The IVs and Nature are probably decided after you catch it and differently for each player.

That's almost insignificant.
Tell that to Shiny Hunters.

Why not remove Giratina-Origin then?
Giratina-O isn't a "super" form. It's the same BST and a different ability, like Genies' Theran Forms

Xurkitree lost Tail Glow. We can catch all of these Pokemon in the game right? All mythical and legendary that are returning?

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1603426451124.png

Unsure of the source for this (it's pinned in the Smogon discord), but we have confirmation in-game that the power for Astral Barrage is correct, so this is probably correct.

The last 4 columns are Category (1 = Physical, 2 = Special), Power, Accuracy, PP

These are all solid moves, but 130 power physical Ice move and 120 power special Ghost move with no negative drawbacks. Absolutely nuts.

I just fought wild Cobalion and it was... really lame

At first the fight was interesting because it boosted itself quickly and started to do too much damage. But when I had 2 mons left... it started spamming Sword Dance and Sacred Sword against my Ghost type that would have died to Iron Head. Almost as if the AI realized I was losing so it decided to Gary Stu me and not let me lose

Which is lame af, just let me lose. I fucked up, and I shoul be punsihed by it. That was so anticlimactic I swear
that seems to be a running theme: earlier when I saw people about to lose the campion, gmax charizard started sandbagging all of a sudden. pretty sure they dont want the kiddies to get disheartened and slapped down by some of these challenges.
anecdotal: i was fighting fire!rival 2 in hgss with last mon beedrill and it just didnt use ember
idk if theres something in ai but it has been there for a while
Why not remove Giratina-Origin then?
all three were tied mega evo or z-crystals which were removed; gira-o is like other standard form changes like zac-c in that it requires an item

View attachment 283990

Unsure of the source for this (it's pinned in the Smogon discord), but we have confirmation in-game that the power for Astral Barrage is correct, so this is probably correct.

The last 4 columns are Category (1 = Physical, 2 = Special), Power, Accuracy, PP

These are all solid moves, but 130 power physical Ice move and 120 power special Ghost move with no negative drawbacks. Absolutely nuts.
wow so I guess no one's ever gonna use eerie spell

View attachment 283990

Oof, Thunder Cage isn't worth the slot. Thunder/Thunderbolt/Wild Charge seem to be just better.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
It still is. And, good thing, you can choose not to keep the pokemon and you'll be given the option to specifically hunt it down later. Just gotta talk to the scientist lady. So no, it's not a big deal.
It annoying to not know immediately so you can just reset and have to go through the battle with it. If you're using a rare ball, you'll reset anyway.

It seems the birds have predetermined stats when the cutscene plays. I soft reset 3 times for Articuno an got an IV spread of ATK, DEF, and HP. The rest of the stats said decent. Just my luck.:facepalm:

View attachment 283990

Is Thunder Cage the highest BP trapping move? 80 BP seems really high, it’s a shame it’s so frail otherwise it would be a good trapper.

Glacial Lance and Astral Barrage are insane but they’ll be used in a tier full of Pressure mons so they might not even be used that often.

Eerie spell would be much better with a higher PP. I think it’ll be better on stall rather than as a stall breaker.

The bird moves are ok I guess? Zap-G is gonna run close combat but the other two might see some use.

It annoying to not know immediately so you can just reset and have to go through the battle with it. If you're using a rare ball, you'll reset anyway.
Resetting puts you way back at the start of the raid, so you'd have to go and fight everything all over again regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)