SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

breh

強いだね
The only thing uncool about the corsola evo is its godawful name. Probably my favorite regional so far, appearance-wise.

E:

GF: ok turtwig already looks like its head is so fucking big that it'll tip over. let's do that again but worse

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I like how Corsola's evo just looks like some cancerous cell lol. Actually really digging both designs though, and yeah finally some ghost type with recover and maybe even regenerator, who knows.

EDIT: why is the turtle ignoring the laws of physic

I think these are transparent. See there's shadows under Corslosa limbs? It's harder to see with Cursola, but I think I can see one branch's shading through another. It's easier to see the transparency at its base which appears to be... What is that pot? Is it a shattered Corsola! I don't know if that's more disturbing or awesome.
Soooo. That's Corsola's head peeking out of a giant ghost coral maw. You can barely see the mouth outline around the face, while there's 2 eye slits above it that are more visible.

very spooky and sad. Definitely a Coral Bleaching thing.

Corsola/Cursola seem very timely given our dying coral reefs though it's most likely linked to the coral listed above. Do wish they had given it ghost/rock or ghost/fairy but mono-ghost could still be interesting. I would love if it keeps recover/regenerator, though given the typing it seems unlikely.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Corsola/Cursola seem very timely given our dying coral reefs though it's most likely linked to the coral listed above. Do wish they had given it ghost/rock or ghost/fairy but mono-ghost could still be interesting. I would love if it keeps recover/regenerator, though given the typing it seems unlikely.
Missed opportunity for unique ghost/rock typing but pure ghost hasn't been seen for a while either, so I'm fine with it

Is anyone else starting to feel bad about these leaks? Like...they were not kidding when they said they were hiding a ton of new pokemon. Imagine running into these fuckers blind vs an evil leader boss.
I'd feel bad, but I've done this every gen, so it's nothing new. I suppose I'm still used to the days when we had to wait a good while until the localized release, so we had nothing to do BUT look at spoilers.

I really do wonder what the deal is with the amount of monotypes.... I'd say its because they want to replace some niches that are being cut, but at least in terms of typing, we almost certainly have those niches filled already.

There's a French book leak going around which has a page that asks whether you prefer Fighting or Ghost type Pokemon in a "should you get Sword or Shield" quiz. Unclear what it means, but worth noting that if this is real, it might mean Zamazenta is a Ghost-type. I have to admit, I would never have anticipated that.

Unless it relates to the unique gyms?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
No, no, look at its evo Cursula. It's clearly based on dead coral probably GF's way of trying to put attention toward the major natural disaster (much like how Galarian Weezing is a response to air pollution).

... Hm, you don't think this is a theme of Gen VIII? Pollution negatively affecting the environment (causing even the magical creatures to adapt extreme strategies to survive) meanwhile the mega corporation that's probably doing all the pollution is keeping everyone distracted via mindless spectacle entertainment.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
There's a French book leak going around which has a page that asks whether you prefer Fighting or Ghost type Pokemon in a "should you get Sword or Shield" quiz. Unclear what it means, but worth noting that if this is real, it might mean Zamazenta is a Ghost-type. I have to admit, I would never have anticipated that.

Unless it relates to the unique gyms?
Or maybe it's the type exclusive gym?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Is anyone else starting to feel bad about these leaks? Like...they were not kidding when they said they were hiding a ton of new pokemon. Imagine running into these fuckers blind vs an evil leader boss.
I felt bad for a bit about spoiling but it was inevitable

If Galorian regional versions get all the same moves as the originals plus more, that's...potentially really good.

Corsola is held back pretty much entirely due to its stats. It actually has a solid attacking and supportive movepool, 3 great abilities, and reliable recovery.

...We COULD get a naturally bulky Ghost-type with Recover. PLEASE GAMEFREAK. DO IT.
Does Jellicent not count?

I was gonna say "Maybe it isn't confirmed yet" but it is.

Others are saying they are both ground-types. who is right?
The person who was leaking the photos just said it. Also apparently it's Drizzile not Sizzile. And the Poison/Electric is Toxel. He doesn't have the full evolution family yet so he's not showing it right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)