SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

They are leaking story spoilers, should those be shared in this thread without an spoiler tag? I mean, it defies the very purpose of the thread, which establishes SPOILERS in the tittle, but again, it may be convenient for those who are interested in leak relateds to the mons themselves and not the story.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
They are leaking story spoilers, should those be shared in this thread without an spoiler tag? I mean, it defies the very purpose of the thread, which establishes SPOILERS in the tittle, but again, it may be convenient for those who are interested in leak relateds to the mons themselves and not the story.
I think Story spoilers should be in Hide tags.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yes please.

Everyone else, if you post story spoilers (Probably don't) Put them in SPOILER Tags please! The code is as below:

Code:
[Spoiler=STORY LEAKS]STORY LEAK[/Spoiler]
This should appear like this:

STORY LEAK

Have fun!

Starters: Rillaboom is boring, Cinderace is a Sonic OC and the only reason it's not Fighting is probably to avert memes. Inteleon looks cool but will probably be a generic wannabe Greninja. - / - / +
Corviknight prevos
: Only thing that would differentiate them from Pidove, Starly etc is the typing. Big if actually true. o
Squirrels
: Diggersby 2.0 except the first form is already disgusting. At least this means Patrat isn't in the games. --
Dubwool
: Wasted opportunity for a more epic second typing. Will probably be decent but the Normal typing will hold it back. o
Foxes
: Ew. -
Bolthund
: 10/10 design, basically a cooler Manectric. Hope it's viable. ++
Milcery
: Should just have been omitted. --
Orbeetle line
: Blipbug is Scatterbug with fucked up eyes. Others are kind of cool, love the typing. Hope Orbeetle will be stronger than it looks. +
Chewtle
: Ew. --
Hattarene
: Another bland Psychic/Fairy that will probably push out Gardevoir. Even worse, a new waifu for 4chan. Can this die thanks. --
Arrokuda, Cramorant
: Neither memorable nor likely to be viable. -
Snakes
: Design is boring, typing is a missed opportunity to get Ground/Poison for once. Could be decent tho. o
Tea
: Just why. -
Coalossal
: Lots of wasted possibilities but I actually like this one, even though it looks like Golem and Rhyperior's lovechild. G-form looks amazing. Shame it will be unviable tho, with base -20 speed and everyone running EQ for coverage. o
Elephants
: Design is great, makes them instantly feel like a Pokemon. ++
Imps
: Expected something more Castlevania-esque but they're fine, hope Grimmsnarl gets that 110+ base Attack so it has zero switchins. G-form looks cool, this thing will be OU for sure. Small part of me hopes it's the real pseudo. +
Electox
: First stage looks cool, then suddenly another Heliolisk. Both the typing and the teased shadow deserved better execution. Hope it at least has a great speed tier (inb4 GF pulls another Alola and it's base 55). o
Snom
: NEW FAVE MON. I'M IN LOVE. Evolution looks alright, we all know it won't be viable tho. ++
Centiskorch
: Love it. Will probably only appear super late in the game tho, and it pushes out Volcarona which is unforgivable. ++
Octopi
: They look like Crabrawler and Arghonaut fell into Splatoon. Just why. --
Stonjourner
: Looks interesting but will probably end up as a forgotten NU pure-Rock type. +
Pincurchin
: Probably replaces Pyukumuku, which is enough for me to hate it. Rip all my favourite mons. -
Indeedee
(?): From the name and the design it might be an Audino evo. Weird mon overall. o
Flapple
: Amazing idea for a Grass/Dragon. Now it just needs the stats to be usable. ++ EDIT: if Appletun is actually the final evo and not the other way round, fuck off. Why did they give it wings and then take them away again?
Dragapult: Sad excuse for a pseudo and doesn't look like a ghost either. Another one on the list of mons that should never have been created. --
Falinks
: The Dhelmise of this gen, which means I already love it. No face and like 5 different possible types. ++ EDIT: confirmed Fighting, I love it.
Fossils: At first glance they looked awful but 3 hours later they're actually not too bad. There's much worse. Love the execution of the fishes. +
Penguins
: Annoyingly bland. -
Wolves
: Zamazenta looks cool, Zacian... not. Fairy is literally the last typing I wanted to see. Only way to redeem this is Fighting/Fairy vs Steel/?. -
Eternatus
: GF tried too hard to make another Necrozma. Looks cool but has no depth, as expected. o
Purrserker
: Unexpected take on Meowth. I can buy it. +
Mr. Rime
: I like the concept, but GF never understood Ice-types. Will probably another Lickilicky with beefed-up SDef and unviable speed. +
Cursola
: Love it but why isn't this Ghost/Rock? GF you had one job. +
Rapidash
: The first fast physical Psychic-type except for Bruxish. Design and Fairy dual typing is annoying, but as long as it does its job? +
Darmanitan
: Hell no. Copperajah is a good example how to take Indian inspirations without creating a stereotype. This is the opposite. Looks fancy in a vacuum if you ignore that it's a racist caricature, but will probably suck anyway. -
Stunfisk
: Unexpected and I can't see it being usable, but really cool idea. +
G-Machamp
: Hell yes. This thing looks straight up savage. ++
G-Kingler
: Don't get the claw with blunt teeth but there's nothing outright bad about it either. o
G-Lapras
: Didn't live up to the hype. Just another bloated, distorted giant form like Zard and Pikachu. -
G-Garbodor
: Again, unexpected. Doesn't add anything too original but it's still a funny idea to turn this thing into a kaiju. +

OU predictions: Hatterene, Grimmsnarl, Dragapult, Machamp and at least one fossil.
Copperajah, Electox, Rapidash and Flapple could be decent.

Not going to buy the games, but hypothetical ingame team:
Grimmsnarl / Centiskorch / Flapple / Arctovish / Electox / Falinks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)