SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Going forward, please provide base stat ranges using the following calculations:

Min: 0 IVs, 0 EVs
Max: 31 IVs, 0 EVs

Don't ignore natures, as they're visible on the stats screen via the red stat being the increased one and the blue stat being the decreased one (if none, then neutral nature). If someone is catching Pokemon in the wild or reviving them from fossils, all of their IVs are randomized between 0 and 31, so assuming all 31 IVs will give an inflated stat range. Due to leakers almost certainly posting these images quickly rather than first going into so many battles as to accumulate a non-trivial number of EVs, 0 EVs in all stats is the best assumption.

I will be providing stat ranges for all Pokemon based on their stats pages or even a screenshot in battle in which their HP value is shown, but if you manage to do so while I'm away or asleep, please use the above parameters to provide a stat range. Thanks! (Of course, this immediately becomes moot once the game is datamined, but we don't know when that's going to happen, so this is our best bet in the meantime.)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Consider the power seep that is happening this generation, thanks to the monstrous attackers being mostly missing. 110 base Attack is actually pretty nice.
Honestly, this. If GF is making a genuine effort to take advantage of [REDACTED] and reign in the stat creep I'm all for it. And while some are disappointed Grimmsnarl wasn't the pseudo, one thing I prefer about this dex over Gen 7 is that there are a lot more 3-stage lines. In Gen 7 aside from the starters and Kommo-o I'm pretty sure the only original 3-stage line was Tsareena.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I thought all the fossils were part rock ?
Not these ones, no. This time they've moved away from making them part Rock, probably because they're created via mix/match.

Honestly, this. If GF is making a genuine effort to take advantage of [REDACTED] and reign in the stat creep I'm all for it. And while some are disappointed Grimmsnarl wasn't the pseudo, one thing I prefer about this dex over Gen 7 is that there are a lot more 3-stage lines. In Gen 7 aside from the starters and Kommo-o I'm pretty sure the only original 3-stage line was Tsareena.
And there was Toucannon too but that's in line with most of the regional common birds including the new Corviknight. Still I believe Toucannon counts, but yeah there was just that, Kommo-o, Tsareena, and the starters from what I recall.

EDIT: Vikavolt too!

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Going forward, please provide base stat ranges using the following calculations:

Min: 0 IVs, 0 EVs
Max: 31 IVs, 0 EVs

Don't ignore natures, as they're visible on the stats screen via the red stat being the increased one and the blue stat being the decreased one (if none, then neutral nature). If someone is catching Pokemon in the wild or reviving them from fossils, all of their IVs are randomized between 0 and 31, so assuming all 31 IVs will give an inflated stat range. Due to leakers almost certainly posting these images quickly rather than first going into so many battles as to accumulate a non-trivial number of EVs, 0 EVs in all stats is the best assumption.

I will be providing stat ranges for all Pokemon based on their stats pages or even a screenshot in battle in which their HP value is shown, but if you manage to do so while I'm away or asleep, please use the above parameters to provide a stat range. Thanks! (Of course, this immediately becomes moot once the game is datamined, but we don't know when that's going to happen, so this is our best bet in the meantime.)
Alright, so keeping all of the above in mind, these are the stats:

Dracozolt:
Hp: 80-95
Atk: 95-110
Def: 90-105
SpA: 80-95
Spd: 70-85
Spe: 60-75

Arctozolt:
Hp: 90-105
Atk: 100-115
Def: 75-90
SpA: 75-90
Spd: 80-95
Spe: 50-65

Dracovish:
Atk: 85-100
Def: 100-115
SpA: 55-70
Spe: 75-90

Arctovish:
Hp: 85-100
Atk: 90-105
Spd: 90-105
Spe: 45-60

Their base stat total should therefore be 470-565

View attachment 204028

If this is true then is just a major disappointment. The CHAMPION BATTLE has 4 mons only...
Care to link? The only other leak I saw concerning Leon's team was a lazy anonymous one on 4chan, not very menacing but not trustworthy at all either.
View attachment 204171
Every leak, especially inflammatory ones, gets traction till the datamine happens. I think we really need to be aware of when they contradict one another or get debunked by game info.

The powerdrop from previous gen is actually more massive than people think. Those stats are legitimately strong, and a speed of around 70-80 is actually quite solid, expecially as it's not exactly glass cannon (though, not very bulky either)

trubbish

Banned deucer.
Friends and I are preparing to do a draft league a bit into SW/SH's life so I've been preemptively making a tier list. Going through all the 'mons available, I gotta say I think its time for the rise of Cincinno.

Assuming it keeps Skill Link + Rock Blast + Bullet Seed. 115 speed is very great now and 95 attack is relatively high given the lowered power creep.

A 125 base power STAB move + 125 base power coverage moves. Assuming they aren't nerfed.
There's quite a few less Steel types to worry about and, from what i can see, very few pokemon that can go faster than a natural base 115. I can see Banded Tail Slap being a generally hard thing to switch in to, especially with the fear of Bullet Seed.

2kos max phys def Toxapex
252 Atk Choice Band Cinccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Toxapex: 150-180 (49.3 - 59.2%) -- approx. 53.9% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Tyranitar,
252 Atk Choice Band Cinccino Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 310-370 (80.9 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Obviously not a perfect 'mon, and this isnt considering any new mechanic changes or new Pokemon, but I am definitely looking forward to trying this thing out. Maybe it'll get lucky and get a good Fighting or Fire move.

Impidimpi evo and the fossils seem to all have passable stats. How good they are will depend almost entirely on their movepools.

But remember how incredibly good Tyrantrum looks at first glance yet it never made it anywhere near OU.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, so keeping all of the above in mind, these are the stats:

Dracozolt:
Hp: 80-95
Atk: 95-110
Def: 90-105
SpA: 80-95
Spe: 60-75

Arctozolt:
Atk: 100-115
Def: 75-90
Spd: 80-95
Spe: 50-65

Dracovish:
Atk: 85-100
SpA: 55-70
Spe: 75-90

Arctovish:
Hp: 85-100
Atk: 90-105
Spd: 90-105
Spe: 45-60

Their base stat total should therefore be 470-565
Obviously early days and stat estimates abound, but just some thoughts!

I do appreciate how bulky these are, but god damn the zolts disapoint me, I realize they looked slow as hell, but I was hoping they'd prove me wrong. In particular, Acrctozolt being physically based is a total mis-match imo!

Unless Arctovish has some killer moves, I dont think I'm gonna use this over Lapras, who sounds like it has an amazing Gigantamax, and it even shares Water Absorb with Arctovish lol.

The one I'm actually eying here, is Dracovish. To be clear, I still got problems with it: Water Absorb is lame on this kind of mon (though not totally useless), and it doesn't seem particularly powerful. However, where I'm interested in this thing, is Battle Stadium Doubles / VGC. Looking at our pool of mons, rain seems pretty fearsome. While sure, you can say "time to slap a Ferrothorn on the team", issue with that is that I'm sure plenty of Arcanine will be on rain teams to mess with that strat. Dracovish puts a stop to that, I imagine you can make it tanky enough to survive most rain assaults (well, Pelipper Hurricanes will probably hurt though, but Ferrothorn doesn't like that either), and deal with Arcanine as well.

Hell, I might actually want to USE it on rain teams! Which of course, orincally means that if anyone else has that idea, we get Dracovish speedtie hell and go all the way back to probably using Ferrothorn as backup. Still, out of all the fossils, Dracovish interests me the most! If for any reason rain becomes prominent in Battle Stadium Singles as well (I'm more sceptical of that, but Dynamax Focus Blast seriously harms even SpD Ferrothorn lol), maybe Dracovish might have a niche there!

The one I'm actually eying here, is Dracovish. To be clear, I still got problems with it: Water Absorb is lame on this kind of mon (though not totally useless), and it doesn't seem particularly powerful.
On the plus side, with the right moveset, Dracovish can be another decent Toxapex counter. Burning the fossil fish with scald would be impossible due to Water Absorb. Give it earthquake (which I hope GF is kind enough to allow) and substitute and you got perfect immunity and power against the toxic coral users who avoid giving it a poison-type attack move.

Friends and I are preparing to do a draft league a bit into SW/SH's life so I've been preemptively making a tier list. Going through all the 'mons available, I gotta say I think its time for the rise of Cincinno.

Assuming it keeps Skill Link + Rock Blast + Bullet Seed. 115 speed is very great now and 95 attack is relatively high given the lowered power creep.

A 125 base power STAB move + 125 base power coverage moves. Assuming they aren't nerfed.
There's quite a few less Steel types to worry about and, from what i can see, very few pokemon that can go faster than a natural base 115. I can see Banded Tail Slap being a generally hard thing to switch in to, especially with the fear of Bullet Seed.

2kos max phys def Toxapex
252 Atk Choice Band Cinccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Toxapex: 150-180 (49.3 - 59.2%) -- approx. 53.9% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Tyranitar,
252 Atk Choice Band Cinccino Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 310-370 (80.9 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Obviously not a perfect 'mon, and this isnt considering any new mechanic changes or new Pokemon, but I am definitely looking forward to trying this thing out. Maybe it'll get lucky and get a good Fighting or Fire move.
King’s Rock is the best item for Cinccino

Hilarious ideas aside, all it really needs is Arm Thrust.

Inb4 Champion battle is vgc
That would be cool, but unlikely.

To be fair, while it's not as bad as these failed chimeras, real life has some examples of very badly designed animals, usually from islands with fewer predators. For example, the Kakapo is a flightless bird. That in itself isn't too strange, but it occasionally forgets the 'flightless' part and attempts to flee by launching itself out of trees. They attempt to mate only about every five years, which consists of the males going a large distance out of their way to do mating calls that reasonably could have been done closer to home. Oh, and this usually only produces 1-4 eggs per pairing. Unsurprisingly, it's endangered.
Hey, lets be fair to the Kakapo: it is flightless and slow because its hunters were all birds, and so hunted with their sight. So fleeing rapidly is only a waste of time, given that the Kakapo's dimensions doesn't exactly allow lots of hidden places.

Also a theory i've heard about the inspiration of Hattarene: it is both Rapunzel and the Tower. (The pokemon's shape, and the fact that it has a ground reaching hairdo [Almost]) Yes, the waifumon is literally a waifu. The Waifumon might be getting stronger, so we should probably worr - ALL. SUBMIT. TO. THE. PSYCHIC. TYPE. WAIFUS.

Also i love the new fossils, the typings of the new fossils, and the fact that the Pokedex entries are like clearly 100% invented. Or Ancient Galar had very weird pokemon. I mean, Kalos is right beyond the sea: who knows what would cause not having an apocalipse but having a Legendary of Life very close.

I know that there is this thing in Japan where the three numbers form a word. Does anyone here know enough Japanese to know what the numbers of everyone here mean?
I'm pretty sure they're just jersey numbers. These are all styled just like a collectible sports card really, it's like an ingame trading card set.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has any info emerged on whether GIgantamaxing affects stats aside from HP?
Don't think so, the leaker who leaked several gigantamax formes yesterday afaik doesn't actually have them, he's just getting the Pokemon so he can view their formes in the dex, and he's seen their gigantamax formes in the game's story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)