SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

1/3rd owned but both are independent entities.

I'm not saying Gamefreak is ignorant to VGC, just that we shouldn't be surprised when we see singles focused balance changes as well as VGC. Gamefreak isn't biased.
Battle Spot singles is also one of the most popular formats in Japan. They'd for sure focus on balancing that as well

The move still shows, it has no effect, and the description says to unlearn it asap.
Huh. So this is more of a retcon that will quite possibly be carried over into future games?

That has a lot of implications and issues for Smogon as well then, especially a full dex.

Cursola's hidden ability:

Perish Body When hit by a move that makes direct contact, the Pokémon and the attacker will faint after three turns unless they switch out of battle.

It has crap defenses but this is a pretty cool ability! Way better than Weak Armor. She can at least put certain sweepers on a timer, though Gengar and ghostly lizard boy will probably just f her up. :psysad:

Huh. So this is more of a retcon that will quite possibly be carried over into future games?

That has a lot of implications and issues for Smogon as well then, especially a full dex.
Full Dex smogon will never be realistic without inventing rules either ways. (which is why it was stated it'll be a OM and not the official one)

Purely because there's no way to know how Dinamax would interact with Z- and Megas.

Rotom learns electric terrain which could make a good duo with hawlucha (electric terrain then volt switch into the lucha).
And the only pokemons that can make good use of the new Mystical Fire TM are: clefable (which already has flamethrower), Gardevoir, Sylveon, Alcremie, Hatterene and Hindeedee (which has psychic surge has an hidden ability btw).
A lot of them can break the ToxaFerro combo with this new TM and the fact that most of them are psychic type.

Rotom learns electric terrain which could make a good duo with hawlucha (electric terrain then volt switch into the lucha).
Hawlucka just got two 120 BP accurate stabs, at this point he might probably just go LO/Band with Mold Breaker and remind us that talonflame was not the bravest of birbs

I understand it's a psychotic amount of work but is anyone compiling a full list of new moves learnt by old mons? People keep shouting out new stuff constantly and I was wondering if it's been compiled anywhere.

True Worldie, didn't think about this option ^^'
And for skitz0phrenic here you go: https://pastebin.com/DcRRg3QP
Just Ctrl+F into the move or pokemon you want to see.
Thanks for the response but I guess more specifically I was looking for a list that highlights exactly what moves are new to each mon. I haven't played since gen 5 so my memory and knowledge are both way too far behind to figure out what's new using this list.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
The new darmanitan is... Interesting. Zen Mode's still probably very bad bc of the 50% HP need, and its hard to get it set up, but if you somehow are able to force something out and belly drum, you got one hell of a mon to sweep with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)