Format Discussion Pokemon Sword & Shield Random Battle Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned above, the datamine isn't completely accurate. Garchomp doesn't need Scale Shot (and some might argue it doesn't want it either) so I believe it is best to wait until the release and it is confirmed.
If we're waiting until release for it to be accurate...why is it in random battles to begin with? It hasn't been released yet so it appearing at all isn't accurate

If we're waiting until release for it to be accurate...why is it in random battles to begin with? It hasn't been released yet so it appearing at all isn't accurate
The datamine of DLC2 Pokémon is from the game and is accurate. The HOME datamine are proven to be inaccurate. Regardless, I don’t think it should run Scale Shot even if it were confirmed.

Got this Lopunny today (it doesn't show, but it had a Toxic Orb). it's... quirky, to put it mildly. Perhaps it should have Klutz so it doesn't poison itself?

Got this Lopunny today (it doesn't show, but it had a Toxic Orb). it's... quirky, to put it mildly. Perhaps it should have Klutz so it doesn't poison itself?

To add to what is said above, the only other strong STAB is Mega Kick, which has low accuracy. I much prefer having TO, with the possibility of it badly poisonning an opponent. Healing Wish also happens to just work perfectly with that set.

couldn’t get a screenshot but i got an azu set without perish song,i think this mon should always have this move cause without it’s pretty useless vs a lot of things

Capture.PNG

Reckless + Leftovers and Curse/Close Combat (I think from Unburden + White Herb) crossed. And then Hurricane hit, I got confused, and hit myself in the face :puff:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rules already exist to prevent that from happening, but finding a rules-compatible set appears to have taken too long for the algorithm, which then just threw on whatever it could find.

Zarude's many weaknesses are unfortunate but 105/105/95 bulk is fantastic and after a few bulk ups it can eat up (some) super effective hits and heal back more than it takes.

The status heal gives it a tool to go toe-to-toe with passive mons like toxapex/mandibuzz/corsola-g which rely on status to beat it.

Case in point: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1173311290-qww5kg4rshat5j0f20oj5ssan9r70jypw

I ended up losing zarude to pexs toxic/baneful bunker which the jungle healing sets would deal with easily.

unknown.png

I think it is pretty obvious the problem here.

On note Earth Power seems like a much better option than Earthquake on Abomasnow since most Poison and Steel types are physically bulky and Poltergeist Froslass would definitely be a big damage boost compared to Shadow Ball, Triple Axel doesn't seem necessary at all but Poltergeist is a must.

Just noticed rayquaza doesn’t have dragon ascent in its movepool and i think it should, most of the legends had their sigs added back in and i think rayquaza should get it especially since it‘s a strong flying stab that would work well on all of its sets

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Just noticed rayquaza doesn’t have dragon ascent in its movepool and i think it should, most of the legends had their sigs added back in and i think rayquaza should get it especially since it‘s a strong flying stab that would work well on all of its sets
Legendary sig moves learned by level have been added on the asumption that since other signature moves came back on the first DLC, the pokemon of the next one will have theirs aswell. But we dont have confirmation of tutor sig moves like this to come back in gen 8, thats why it hasnt been discussed as a possibility as of right now.

Last edited:
Legendary sig moves learned by level have been added on the asumption that since other signature moves came back on the first DLC, the pokemon of the next one will have theirs aswell. But we dont have confirmation of tutor sig moves like this to come back in gen 8, thats why it hasnt been discussed as a possibility as of right now.
I understand

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Ninetales with solar beam but no drought .___.

Arceus with double ice moves .___.
We are aware of those old formar issues, but remember that this thread is for SwSh sets, and when the DLC and DLC 2 stuff calms down we are gonna tackle more properly said old Gen set problems. Disregarding that, thanks for reporting, gen5 is the most wonky one as of right now. If u want to play old gens with better set generation, we recently updated gen3 and we consider 1, 4, 6 and 7 are working fine until we can check em properly.

Scale Shot Haxorus is bad. Scale Shot's average damage is less than .67x that of Outrage, I believe ~72. The speed boost is useful, ofc, but it leaves you more vulnerable to physical attacks. The two advantages are: it's easier to SD, since you'll get a speed boost, and you can run LO instead of Lum Berry since you won't get confused. I don't think this is worth it due to Scale Shot's inconsistency compared to Outrage (not to mention LO recoil compounding your decreased physical bulk).
Outrage could leave you vulnerable to fairies depending on when you clicked it, but I still think it was better than Scale Shot due to its immediate power. Scale Shot's average damage does (barely) exceed Outrage if you compare +1 Outrage to +2 LO Scale Shot, which is a possible scenario, but Outrage could also function with Swords Dance. And given Haxorus's already tremendous power, I don't think the possibility of getting a 100 or 125 BP Scale Shot for increased power is worth the relatively high chance (1/3) of getting a 50 BP scale shot and failing to kill your opponent then getting killed yourself. Outrage at +1 killed most neutral targets anyway.
Outrage certainly has its own drawbacks (Lum Berry, locked into a move), but it's superior to Scale Shot. Especially on Dragon Dance variants.

Edit: And ofc, bringing back Outrage would also mean bringing back Dragon Dance.

Hmm what about volcarona with psyquic as the ol times?, it should fit perfectly to beat certain poison types. Also one good addition would be meteor beam on certain mons like necrozma, jirachi and mew combined with cm or nasty plot in case of mew would be devasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)