Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, cocky bronzong would not, if he was played by a smart person. just about all lead deoxys run taunt and are scared shitless of gyro ball, so what's the best choice?
If your opponent switches, and you gyro ball for moot damage, you sort of wasted a turn.

It's called prediction.

If my deoxys was met by a bronzong, taunt would force a switch, but could risk me practically dying, or switching could assure me that I'm safe, except that rocks maybe hit the field.

Which seems like the better choice?
If you have a bronzong, use stealth rocks, if he taunts you, gyro ball. Simple.
If they switch, switch yourself.

right but say he taunts on turn 1 and then you lose a turn. now you have a taunted bronzong. are you going to randomly switch with no knowledge of the opponent's team? or are you going to gyro ball for moot damage as you say is the wrong thing to do in the original situation? if you stealth rock as they taunt on turn 1, basically you end up in the same position as normal, except you're taunted. who's on top here? and chances are it's an anti-lead deoxys with taunt on it for bronzong's who try to set up sr and whatnot. if they were afraid of bronzong's gyro ball they'd use a different lead. now you can say that they had a feeling you'd expect a taunt and outpredicted you, switching to magnezone and costing you your bronzong, but honestly, if your opponent is inevitably going to outpredict you every time from turn 1 the way you say he is, you may as well give up. of course a move will be bad if someone predicts around it.

that's like me saying I have a tyranitar out against a cbhera. do I switch to gyarados to absorb cc or do I stay in to take the stone edge aimed at gyarados? if he predicts around me, of course there will be consequences.

it's called prediction, not accurate move-reading with telepathic accuracy. you don't always get it right. but honestly, your point is moot, as the only way what you described happenning would happen is if the opponent predicted around you. and as I said, if the opponent is going to be predicting around you the whole battle from turn 1, you may as well give up as you have no chance.

/pointless rant

You just made no sense.

Look, if you have a bronzong lead, lets go over the main possible scenarios.

1. SR/Hypnosis and deoxys switches - You did your job.
2. SR/Hypnosis and deoxys taunts - You lose a turn. You can then...
a. Switch, fearing magnezone.
b. Stay in and earthquake (safe and threatens both deoxys and magnezone)
3. Gyro Ball and Deoxys taunts - Awesome, great damage.
4. Gyro Ball and Deoxys switches - Moot damage, may have wasted your lead.

So it's NOT a pointless move.
Sure, you MAY have a taunted bronzong, but the end result of the scenario is one of three things.
1. You have stealth rocks on the field, or a pokemon is asleep.
2. Deoxys is hurt really bad.
3. Either deoxys taunted your setup or they switched into your gyro attempt and the switch-in threatens you.

Given those options, I would MUCH rather have stealth rocks hit the field. If I get taunted, no big deal, it's the same as if he just switched and I used gyro ball. Magnezone is pretty much going to rape you regardless of what your first turn move is, unless it is a switch. If I were to lose my bronzong to magnezone, the best scenario is to lead with stealth rocks.

If your opponent sends in magnezone turn one, you were screwed either way, but using rocks will set you up later, or hypnosis can setup a kill.
If your opponent sends magnezone in turn two after taunting, you can threaten with 4x Earthquake for deadly damage on the switch.

I don't see what the problem is.
It's a simple risk reward system, that if you analyze it, you can see what the obvious choice is.

You just made no sense.

Look, if you have a bronzong lead, lets go over the main possible scenarios.

1. SR/Hypnosis and deoxys switches - You did your job.

yep, this is what happens.

2. SR/Hypnosis and deoxys taunts - You lose a turn. You can then...
a. Switch, fearing magnezone.

you lose a turn, which is what you said is bad about gyro balling from the beginning.

b. Stay in and earthquake (safe and threatens both deoxys and magnezone)
3. Gyro Ball and Deoxys taunts - Awesome, great damage.

what I proposed you do

4. Gyro Ball and Deoxys switches - Moot damage, may have wasted your lead.

chances are deoxys is an anti-lead meant to beat stuff like bronzong. why would he switch out of what he's supposed to beat? if his deoxys feared bronzong that much, when it's what he's meant to smash, he'd use a different lead.

So it's NOT a pointless move.
Sure, you MAY have a taunted bronzong, but the end result of the scenario is one of three things.
1. You have stealth rocks on the field, or a pokemon is asleep.

but almost all lead deoxys are meant to taunt enemy bronzongs, so this just about never happens

2. Deoxys is hurt really bad.

this is the best scenario, unless they don't taunt and you hypnosis

3. Either deoxys taunted your setup or they switched into your gyro attempt and the switch-in threatens you.

and this is what happens when you try to set down sr on turn 1

Given those options, I would MUCH rather have stealth rocks hit the field. If I get taunted, no big deal, it's the same as if he just switched and I used gyro ball. Magnezone is pretty much going to rape you regardless of what your first turn move is, unless it is a switch. If I were to lose my bronzong to magnezone, the best scenario is to lead with stealth rocks.

If your opponent sends in magnezone turn one, you were screwed either way, but using rocks will set you up later, or hypnosis can setup a kill.
If your opponent sends magnezone in turn two after taunting, you can threaten with 4x Earthquake for deadly damage on the switch.

if magnezone switches in on gyro ball, you can just as easily set up rocks while he kills you, so your point is moot. not too many people switch in magnezone unless they get a free turn or sleep clause is activated, so that maggy doesn't get slept or killed, so you're pretty safe on turn 1.

I don't see what the problem is.
It's a simple risk reward system, that if you analyze it, you can see what the obvious choice is.

Uh, I've got an idea. I haven't implemented as such yet, but I would like you forumers' initial opinions on the idea. It will look something like this;

Seaking@Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly - 252 Atk/252 Spd/ 6 HP (not sure about this sec. yet)
Agility
Megahorn
Peck (I don't know about this - how does it get rid of Hera?)
Waterfall

It may seem noobish at first, but the Peck is in there to take care of Hera. I haven't looked over its movepool properly yet, but, while levelling mine up earlier, I noticed that its speed was shit, but it could learn Agility.

What are your initial opinions guys?

Uh, I've got an idea. I haven't implemented as such yet, but I would like you forumers' initial opinions on the idea. It will look something like this;

Seaking@Life Orb
Agility
Megahorn
Waterfall

It may seem noobish at first, but the Peck is in there to take care of Hera. I haven't looked over its movepool properly yet, but, while levelling mine up earlier, I noticed that its speed was shit, but it could learn Agility.

I like the idea but I think rain dance would work better (with swift swim of course) as it does the same thing as agility and boosts your waterfall.

The only advantages your set has I guess is that you could possibly agility more times (although I doubt you'll get to do that often) and you can choose water veil so you don't get ruined by burn.

Seaking@Life Orb
Agility
Megahorn
Waterfall

I would at least use Rain Dance for Swift Swim and a Waterfall boost.

absol@focus sash
lonely
4 hp 252 attack 252 speed
sucker punch
magic coat
swords dance
counter

Killed my Lucario with counter and Deoxys-e with sucker punch and magic coated my Bronzong's hypnosis. pretty creative and can definitely cause a disaster.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
absol@focus sash
lonely
4 hp 252 attack 252 speed
sucker punch
magic coat
swords dance
counter

Killed my Lucario with counter and Deoxys-e with sucker punch and magic coated my Bronzong's hypnosis. pretty creative and can definitely cause a disaster.
I'd remove the SD since the only thing getting impacted by it is SP. Maybe use X-Scissor or Psycho Cut (for the extra crit increase combined with Superluck). Taunt also might be a good option over Magic Coat shutting down Zongs altogether.

Dragonite@Yache Berry
Jolly
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Dragon Dance
Safeguard
Outrage
Fire Punch/Earthquake

Safeguard prevents you from status effects. You prevents confusion from the Outrage. Your choice is FP or EQ. But EQ its a better opinion since Heatran is a common Pokemon. FP is good for Skarmory and Bronzong that is immune to EQ and hits Forrertress and Scizor harder aswell.
Yache berry is the best opinion for item here.

I was thinking. There's no set using Power Trick in the analysis for Claydol. I'm not sure if it's viable, but I was thinking:

Claydol @Leftovers
Nauture: (Not sure. Something that raises defense or attack and lowers speed, I'm thinking. Maybe Brave)
- Power Trick
- Reflect
- Earthquake
- Explosion

EVs: 252 HP / 114 Attack / 144 Speed (Maybe something else, since he might be Brave)

Basically, switch when you can, and get Reflect up. Then, Power Trick, and use your attacks. I'm not really sure if it'll work.

@ the Absol set: I would run Taunt over Magic Coat as well, but I would keep SD in there. With Taunt, you might get lucky on a switch, and therefore be able to use SP no matter what. Overall though, that's a pretty sweet set.

Name: Toxichomp/Bulkychomp
Move 1: ???
Move 2: ???
Move 3: Toxic
Move 4: Scary Face
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/???...

Okay, I was thinkin' to try something new to use, a Defensive Garchomp. I believe Garchomp has the defensive capabilities to carry out some defensive techniques. I thought about this after I saw a couple people breeding Impish Brelooms. However, I noticed Chomp doesn't have a lot of defensive moves to take advantage of. So I was wondering if someone can help me out to choose EVs to survive hits from a couple of popular and powerful Ice attacks and a good complete moveset for a Defensive Garchomp. Anyway, I'm kinda new at creative movesets, but can someone help me out here?

Name: Toxichomp/Bulkychomp
Move 1: ???
Move 2: ???
Move 3: Toxic
Move 4: Scary Face
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/???...

Okay, I was thinkin' to try something new to use, a Defensive Garchomp. I believe Garchomp has the defensive capabilities to carry out some defensive techniques. I thought about this after I saw a couple people breeding Impish Brelooms. However, I noticed Chomp doesn't have a lot of defensive moves to take advantage of. So I was wondering if someone can help me out to choose EVs to survive hits from a couple of popular and powerful Ice attacks and a good complete moveset for a Defensive Garchomp. Anyway, I'm kinda new at creative movesets, but can someone help me out here?
Maybe you Should have DC and EQ as your last Move or Protect over EQ.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I wouldn't use Scary Face. You could use a combination of Stealth Rock/Roar/Protect/Toxic/Resttalk, but Chomp has better things to be doing anyways.

Maybe you Should have DC and EQ as your last Move or Protect over EQ.
Yeah, Protect, EQ, and Dragon Claw may all be a good choice. Do you have a good idea of what the EVs could be? I'm trying to stay away from a 252/252/6 set because I would like Garchomp to take hits from both sides of the spectrum.

I wouldn't use Scary Face. You could use a combination of Stealth Rock/Roar/Protect/Toxic/Resttalk, but Chomp has better things to be doing anyways.
Yeah, you're right, Chomp can and usually does have better things to do. However, I'm trying to think of a new and creative moveset that Garchomp CAN use. Going back to the Breloom I was talking about, yeah, Breloom can Sub Punches all day long, but that doesn't mean it has to be limited to that. But yeah, I was thinking about Resttalk...I guess it could be an option...

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
no, tennis is right; if you really want a bulky Garchomp try the STalking set that is currently in the analysis section. Even that im not a fan of regardless...

Sceptile (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 104 Atk/252 Spd/154 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Enough EVs to do 56% minimum to a standard 252 def/148 HP positive nature Blissey with Focus Punch, which IIRC is a 2HKO with leftovers factored in. However it does fail to 2HKO a Blissey with 252 HP. OHKO's nearly all Salamence and OHKOs Chainchomp with HP Ice. You can pump more EVs into SAtk to OHKO Garchomp with 6 HP Evs and no defense, but you need to max SAtk to even have a shot at a OHKO. You can 2HKO a TTar in a Sandstorm (+1 SDef bonus right?) with 2 Leaf Storms even factoring in the 1st SAtk drop.
One more thing to factor into this set I made 7 months ago if Expert Belt. No attack EVs are required at all with EB equipped for a Focus Punch to 2hko every Blissey on the analysis page. With that said, you can pump your SAtk EVs up to 232 to guarantee a 2HKO with HP Ice on non-Yache Garchomp.

With an Expert belt, a 6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Speed set with the Hasty nature becomes viable.

Now the thing with this set is that Sceptile likes to draw out special tanks like Blissey or Snorlax. Subbing on the switch and then proceeding to Focus Punch will REALLY hurt them, and this set allows for a 2hko. You can also Punch when they use Softboiled/Rest, wasting their move. Sceptile likes Leaf Storm for strong STAB, and HP Ice OHKOs non-Yache Garchomp with 232 EVs while using Expert Belt.

Would someone be interested in helping my make a substitute set for blaziken? I know blaziken has acess to substitute. Why not make a set utilizing its passing skills behind a sub? I'm VERY surprised one hasn't been made yet. Any ideas for it? I'm guessing the moveset should be this.

Blaziken@leftovers
evs: 172hp, 176spe, 160def
adamant/jolly
agility
swords dance/fire punch
baton pass
substitute

Any opinions on it?

Blaziken probably needs Focus Sash to survive some big hits; he could be a lead too. I think Swords Dance AND Agility is an over kill though, and I'd just stick with Agility as Blaziken isn't very fast to begin with (Adamant nature). Sky Uppercut and Fire Punch should be his attacking moves, so I'd make the set more like this for ya

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
172 HP, 176 Speed, 160 SDef
Adamant
~ Fire Punch
~ Sky Uppercut
~ Agility
~ Batton Pass

You may want to explain those EVs too; I don't get it. Of course the way I edited the set makes it look like the way it is on the analysis page >_<

If you're going to get to 1 HP, you should just use Reversal.

I once came up with a Blaziken set that went like;

Blaziken @ Liechi Berry
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Def
Adamant
- Agility
- Endure / Substitute
- Reversal
- Baton Pass

I never tested it, but it sounded fun. Of course, you need someone to clear the skies for it to be effective.

Blaziken probably needs Focus Sash to survive some big hits; he could be a lead too. I think Swords Dance AND Agility is an over kill though, and I'd just stick with Agility as Blaziken isn't very fast to begin with (Adamant nature). Sky Uppercut and Fire Punch should be his attacking moves, so I'd make the set more like this for ya​

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
172 HP, 176 Speed, 160 SDef
Adamant
~ Fire Punch
~ Sky Uppercut
~ Agility
~ Batton Pass​

You may want to explain those EVs too; I don't get it. Of course the way I edited the set makes it look like the way it is on the analysis page >_<​
The point is to stat build behind a sub. Than, when the sub dies you aren't completely twig-ish. You can use firepunch as an attack, or just use bulk up insted to really build up your offenses. I'd do fire punch myself though. The ev spread is just something random I pulled off the old mixpedo and changed around. I'm open for advice with that, but I don't see the point in just ability. >_> The point of my set is to make a super bp'er. Something infernape couldn't be, thus, upping blaziken's usage.

EDIT: I like lee's set, I guess I'll just use that. Seems pretty good to me.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm open for advice with that, but I don't see the point in just ability. >_> The point of my set is to make a super bp'er
This is the Blaziken BP set I generally use:

Blaziken @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
4 HP/ 172 Atk/ 96 Def/ 236 Speed

- Bulk Up
- Fire Punch/Blaze Kick
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Scare something away (Blaziken does this very well) and Sub the switch. From there, you have the option to pull off a Sub-pass to a counter (Starmie especially hates it when you BP to Weavile...) or begin to Bulk Up from behind the Sub. The Def EV's mean you'll have 300 Def after the Bulk Up, enough to survive Jolly Garchomp's EQ.

From here, I usually sub down, getting as many Bulk Up's as possible, hopefully to the point where my Sub can't be broken ala Espyjump. Salac activates sending his speed up to 420 and Blaze activates making his Fire attack particularly formiddable. From here, you're free to sweep or pass the boosts.

Heres a Suicine set i've been using that surprises the enemy a lot.

Suicune@ Leftovers
Nature:Bold
Trait:Pressure
EV's: 252HP/252DEF/4SpA
-Reflect
-Calm Mind/Rest
-Mirror Coat
-Surf/Ice Beam/HP Electric

The whole idea is to come in on something you can scare. (like heatran) Reflect on the switch, making him have immense defense. From here, your opponent is most likely to bring in a special attacker on you. You can then Mirror Coat their attack right back at them. Cocky Starmies that are ready to Thunderbolt/Grass Knot you are in for a surprise. You can then Calm Mind up and attack with your move. Surf if for STAB, and the rest are for Dealing with specific threats. Ice Beam for Grassers/Flyers/Dragons, or HP electric for Gyarados and other waters. Rest is an option if your up against a staller like Shuckle, and can be handy if you have a Cleric on the team.

I could use some help with the EV spread. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)