Post your searing hot takes

Care to elaborate? I would only agree with this under certain conditions.
A few years ago, I was teaching in a class.

This particular student came in and wasn't good in English. Her main language was Chinese. So she did not understand what I taught in class. I know that the school did not want the teachers to use a different medium to teach but I was trying to make the student understand so I explained it to her in Chinese.

Next day, the student and her parents complained to the principal that I used Chinese and I got into trouble within one week of the job.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
A few years ago, I was teaching in a class.

This particular student came in and wasn't good in English. Her main language was Chinese. So she did not understand what I taught in class. I know that the school did not want the teachers to use a different medium to teach but I was trying to make the student understand so I explained it to her in Chinese.

Next day, the student and her parents complained to the principal that I used Chinese and I got into trouble within one week of the job.
...What? How is this anecdote at all relevant to what you posted earlier?

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
The student did not want to transfer schools so she schemed to do whatever it takes to find faults with the new school even if it means getting others into trouble.
Sounds about right. I see where you're coming from, if a kid did that to me for trying to be helpful I would be unbelievably pissed, but I thought you were talking about something else with your original post. Kids can be super evil, yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)