Post your searing hot takes

all smogon/ps mods are corrupt. they do wrongful actions like closing down a thread people posted in because, who knows. Let's stand in unity, as that is when we are strongest, and take down these mfs!
What page are you on the registered tab? | Smogon Forums

PS: if this post gets deleted it was by a mod trying to shut me up, but i will keep posting until the truth is heard!

mod edit: hey did you know I can do this too

Last edited by a moderator:
all smogon/ps mods are corrupt. they do wrongful actions like closing down a thread people posted in because, who knows. Let's stand in unity, as that is when we are strongest, and take down these mfs!
What page are you on the registered tab? | Smogon Forums

PS: if this post gets deleted it was by a mod trying to shut me up, but i will keep posting until the truth is heard!

mod edit: hey did you know I can do this too
So your pointless number posting thread is bad, but this one is okay because it's from an Established User? That's fucked up, man. You should become the Joker.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I truly, without a shred of irony have more respect for YIIK than Pokemon USUM. At least that game is fascinatingly terrible with modicums of effort and interesting ideas scattered here and there

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Starter pokemon are mediocre overall. There's like three genuinely standout ones (Zard, Swampert... Sceptile??), but most of the other "good" ones are either too genericky (Venu, Blaze, Greninja) or too forced (Nape, Empoleon, Decid, Boom). Inteleon's my favorite but it's kinda too generic and too forced to be standout lol.
forced as in the design concept is forced onto the mon?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
>Introduced as a secret boss in the first game, entirely cloaked and with sinister text boxes that cover the whole screen rather than dialogue
>Battle pose has him floating slightly above the ground with arms extended in pure dominance
>Standard attacks include dual lightsabers, black curved lightning shots and electric balls, all used while flying and teleporting around at high speed >Also sometimes attacks by tossing entire skyscrapers at Sora
>Some of his fights have him just walk slowly and nonchalantly towards you mid-battle, no fucks given
>Final boss encounter in KH2 starts with him piloting a gigantic metal dragon with turbines on its back
>Second phase has you riding the dragon's back, fighting him armored except he stays sat in a throne the entire time, refusing to get up no matter how hard you hit him
>Final phase is in a black and white void with motherfucking Darkness of the Unknown playing as you and Riku team up and give it everything you've got just to finally beat him, not even kill him, just beat him
>Has a small army of subordinates who themselves are incredibly powerful, dangerous boss fights that have all gotten superboss forms at one point or another
>Mid-battle voice lines include: "Leaving?", "Can you spare a heart?" and during his potential last ever encounter in the series outright COMMANDING you to "Grovel"

Humanity cannot, has not and will not ever make a character as cool as Xemnas. Discuss
1626826566467.png

Last edited:
>Introduced as a secret boss in the first game, entirely cloaked and with sinister text boxes that cover the whole screen rather than dialogue
>Battle pose has him floating slightly above the ground with arms extended in pure dominance
>Standard attacks include dual lightsabers, black curved lightning shots and electric balls, all used while flying and teleporting around at high speed >Also sometimes attacks by tossing entire skyscrapers at Sora
>Some of his fights have him just walk slowly and nonchalantly towards you mid-battle, no fucks given
>Final boss encounter in KH2 starts with him piloting a gigantic metal dragon with turbines on its back
>Second phase has you riding the dragon's back, fighting him armored except he stays sat in a throne the entire time, refusing to get up no matter how hard you hit him
>Final phase is in a black and white void with motherfucking Darkness of the Unknown playing as you and Riku team up and give it everything you've got just to finally beat him, not even kill him, just beat him
>Has a small army of subordinates who themselves are incredibly powerful, dangerous boss fights that have all gotten superboss forms at one point or another
>Mid-battle voice lines include: "Leaving?", "Can you spare a heart?" and during his potential last ever encounter in the series outright COMMANDING you to "Grovel"

Humanity cannot, has not and will not ever make a character as cool as Xemnas. Discuss
View attachment 360104
I recall seeing a blind let's play of KH1 by a final fantasy fan, and having them refer to Ansem as "never as good as Sephiroth." Even though it wasn't in a serious context (tossing insults in the heat of battle and all that), it still stuck out to me because I can't help but think of Sephiroth as budget Xehanort. Stronger impressions of what we encountered first, I guess.

And for everybody who reads this and is wondering why I'm seemingly talking about one character while thinking about a moment involving a second in response to a post about a third, welcome to Kingdom Hearts.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
The fact that not a single mainstream news site can even be bothered to include a dedicated good news section is nothing short of utterly horrific civic irresponsibility and has almost certainly caused infinitely more damage to the collective mental state of humanity than the usual scapegoat of social media
I mean, r/Collapse exists, and I take that as proof no amount of "good news" sections will ever defeat our collective addiction to misery and existential dread.

people defend causes (like the Uyghurs) that are trending and directly change whenever something even bigger becomes mainstream to support (palestine) (we could clearly see it rn , every single people and their mother defend palestine but the uyghur case wich as not been finished , is still in the dust and no one seem to really care abt it)

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
people defend causes (like the Uyghurs) that are trending and directly change whenever something even bigger becomes mainstream to support (palestine) (we could clearly see it rn , every single people and their mother defend palestine but the uyghur case wich as not been finished , is still in the dust and no one seem to really care abt it)
This isn't a hot take, it's an observation anyone with access Twitter can make. 90% of internet users who have achieved some form of sapience have figured this one out - hell, an educated magpie could tell me this

Anyways my hot take is that, since National Dex & CAP are technically pet mods and have uploaded analysis on their metagames, then other pet mods should be allowed analysis too. Nobody would write them, nobody would QC them, nobody would GP them, nobody would upload them, and nobody would read them; I just think it'd be funny to see an official analysis on Smogon.gov about the dungeon guardian from Terraria

This isn't a hot take, it's an observation anyone with access Twitter can make. 90% of internet users who have achieved some form of sapience have figured this one out - hell, an educated magpie could tell me this

Anyways my hot take is that, since National Dex & CAP are technically pet mods and have uploaded analysis on their metagames, then other pet mods should be allowed analysis too. Nobody would write them, nobody would QC them, nobody would GP them, nobody would upload them, and nobody would read them; I just think it'd be funny to see an official analysis on Smogon.gov about the dungeon guardian from Terraria
This post made me go from agreeing to disagreeing to agreeing to disagreeing to agreeing again. What is this power you possess?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)