Post your searing hot takes

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
More about the DP encounter tables and general headassery.

Feel free to point out where I talked about the price tag tho. :psysly:
Apologies, I completely forgot the part where you had a full on gamer rage over a Pokemon game not being up to par. My point is absolutely destroyed. My life is in shambles. I might as well quit Smogon forever to save myself from the intense embarrassment of being pwned, owned, leftwing destroyed by the guy who had a breakdown over their favourite childrens game not living up to expectations. I humbly and sincerely submit my most genuine apologies to you, good sir. Now feel free to reply to the other genuine arguments and concerns brought up regarding your attitude towards the price of video games, if you're done sobbing in the corner over the immense hardships you've endured of course

haven't really been paying attention to the thread lately but idk why folk are complaining abt the exp share. grinding always has been & always will be the worst part of pokemon
Think its less about the Exp. Share existing and more the fact that it can't be switched off. It's a strange choice, since the ability to turn it off takes away nothing from the game and would likely take five minutes to implement, but yeah I agree its a bizarre thing to get caught up on

haven't really been paying attention to the thread lately but idk why folk are complaining abt the exp share. grinding always has been & always will be the worst part of pokemon
Good level curves don't need grinding.

There are a bunch of reasons tbh, and a lot of them boil down to "It's too easy to get overleveled, which makes the game even easier than it should be."

Now feel free to reply to the other genuine arguments and concerns brought up regarding your attitude towards the price of video games
Might as well do it all in a fell swoop, I guess.

A game putting it bluntly is worth as much as an individual consumer is willing to pay for it. Not just games, but any product in general. What is worth $60 or $70 for one person may not be worth it for someone else.

Price sensitivity is different for everyone and the worth of a product depends on what you value and want out of a specific thing. And that can be different for every individual person.
This is something I agree with to some extent.

It's one thing when you say "I don't want to pay 60 bucks for this game." It's another when you say "This game ain't worth 60 bucks."

Let me name a concrete example. Metroid Dread.

Some people are saying that game shouldn't be 60 bucks at all because it's 2D and not over 40h long.

That is a dishonest argument because it's neither dumb design decisions, nor poor execution of concepts the devs wanted to implement, in fact, the execution of the concepts in-game is excellent. It's a tight, replayable game whose controls are as smooth as Albatross' brain.

These people are bashing it because it's not a dime-a-dozen AAA 3D open-world game, they don't like the genre at all. 2D Metroidvanias, regardless of budget, price, developer and even if they manage to actually pull it off or not, are always designed to be short and sweet with replayability in mind.

It's like bashing a truck for not fitting into a regular parking spot.

It's fair if you don't wanna drop 60 bucks in any game for any personal reason, including the fact that you're broke. Life is hard, sometimes you gotta prioritize things and I empathize with that.

It's fair if you don't wanna buy a game because of dumbass decisions, hell, I am openly criticizing BDSP for that.

It's even fair if you personally feel that the game ain't worth 60 bucks, in which case you just shouldn't buy it, or wait for a sale and that's the end of that. The perception of individual value is completely understandable.

But what I openly call out as stupid, childish, and broke bitch mentality is when people pull up to anywhere a discussion of a game is happening, especially if it's positive, and post the likes of "Imagine paying 60 bucks for a 10h game. :facepalm: " When does that shit ever contribute to anything meaningful and constructive?

I guess I'll try to give some takes that are hot enough to belong here but not enough to where people tell me to go fuck myself

Greninja is not just overrated, but also a really dumb design that really should've taken after Frogadier and Froakie's design more. It's honestly one of my least favorite starters period.

People who complain about people using Legendary Pokemon in formats where they're allowed are dumb.

Leon is one of the best Champions (and he's hot once he gets dripped out)

Super Mario Odyssey is the best 3D Mario Game. Super Mario Galaxy comes close, and 3D World is a fun romp. 64 is only good for the bugginess and speedruns, and Sunshine is worthless.

Although in some situations it's questionable, I think pirating stuff is generally fine.

And my hottest take

Pokeguys > Pokegirls. I don't even know if I'm attracted to men or not but come on. Sycamore, Leon, N, Kukui, Wallace, Drayden, Steven. Need I say more?

Last edited:
- Chocolate flavour on things like milkshakes are inferior to the other flavours
- The ending of Lost wasn’t even that bad
- Titanic is a boring film for half of it and the other half is just too predictable (of course the real incident was rlly sad tho)
- Calyrex Shadow’s battle theme > every other song in Galar
- BOTW is overrated

Dune (2021) wasn't very good.
When you compare it to the other shifty attempts at making a movie of that book it's outstanding. Agree the lighting could have been better and some of the lines were drowned out by "background" music, but I (and my Dad who's been waiting for a decent movie version for ~40 years) was blown away by it. Some people might complain about it being two films, but frankly we're talking about a book the size of Lord of the Rings, trying to fit it all into 2 1/2 hours is ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)