Post your searing hot takes

When you compare it to the other shifty attempts at making a movie of that book it's outstanding. Agree the lighting could have been better and some of the lines were drowned out by "background" music, but I (and my Dad who's been waiting for a decent movie version for ~40 years) was blown away by it. Some people might complain about it being two films, but frankly we're talking about a book the size of Lord of the Rings, trying to fit it all into 2 1/2 hours is ridiculous.
Haven't read the novel or seen any of the other adaptations but I'll take your word for it. As a movie on its own though it just felt too long and poorly paced to keep my interest.

It's a competent movie, but not a very good one imo.

Gangsta Spongebob

"Mama I'm a Criminal" - Badass Smoking Caterpillar
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Ben 10 Omniverse sucks. The show is incapable of taking itself seriously 90% of the time and ruins serious moments with dumb jokes. Ben himself is annoying and consistently goes against all the character development he has had for the past 3 series. Alien Force Season 3 making Ben childish after his development in the time skip was annoying but at least it had a reason and actually contributed to an characther arc. Omniverse never has such an arc and never acknowledges his previous development.

Omniverse has done wonders for Ben 10 Worldbuilding, but it's hard to watch a show that doesn't seem to care about its own stakes and treats its main characther like a child, to the point where the 10 Year Old in OS felt more mature.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you know i could write a whole fucking essay on this take but clearly I don't have the time or the money to do so, so I'll say it in a sentence instead.

Mega Banette is singlehandedly the weakest and most overrated mega evolution in the entire game.

I'm not gonna stress this enough :)
i dont think its overrated i think most people are aware its hot garbage and wasted potential

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
the netflix cowboy bebop adaptation might have been all right if it had been a show about space bounty hunters and had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the original anime.... alas, Icarus flew too close to the sun again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)