Post your searing hot takes

Pac-Man is the most iconic character. Not video game character. Just character in general.

Whenever someone refers to any circle with a wedge taken out of it, they describe it as "Pac-Man shaped". Pac-Man has completely hijacked "circle with wedge taken out of it" in the public conscious. That common shape is Pac-Man. He's miles ahead of second place (Mickey Mouse).
I dunno man. I learned how the water molecule is oriented because my chemistry teacher compared it to Mickey Mouse. And if you can hijack literal WATER, that has to put it in at least the same category as Pacman.

1605513699890.png

-Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped > Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Sure, 2 is arguably the better game, but 100%ing 2 just comes with a lot of annoying backtracking against the camera. 3 smoothed out the difficult parts and made a consistently enjoyable experience with hardly any backtracking, although the vehicles aren't everyone's cup of tea. Then again Warped was also one of my first videogames ever.

-Lighter cartoons are somewhat more enjoyable than the borderline cliche subverted innocence / cerebus syndrome stuff. Not every show needs to have a tragic backstory or have some gritty twist. As such, Barman: The Brave and the Bold is one of my favorite shows for how unrestrained it is.

-Super Mario 3D Land is an underrated Mario game.

Why the fuck is Galarian Zapdos part-Flying type if its design suggests that it has no way to fly (do not tell me it looks like a bird to justify it being part-Flying type)

Galarian Articuno and Galarian Moltres should've gotten actual coverage

The Galarian Birds' signature moves should've had this interesting aspect where a portion of the damage that they would deal would also be dealt as damage from another type. So Freezing Glare would deal a portion of the damage dealt as Ice-type damage, Fiery Wrath would deal a portion of the damage dealt as Fire-type damage, you get the drill.

The Galarian Birds are wasted potential.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Most people are too illiterate to understand how to use the word "literally". In fact, most of the time they use it with the exact opposite meaning. That is, "metaphorically". This is self-evident in most online communities.
Weird Al Yankovic said:
(You) better figure out the difference
Irony is not coincidence
And I thought that you'd gotten it through your skull
About what's figurative and what's literal
Oh but
Just now (just now)
You said (you said)
You "literally couldn't get out of bed."
That really makes me want to LITERALLY smack a crowbar through your stupid head!

MAMP

MAMP!
It cannot be understated how ORAS came out literally in the nick of time. If it had even waited just another 2-3 years and came out in the modern internet culture war hellscape people would've never shut up about the Team Aqua redesigns being "forced diversity" and "SJW pandering"
bro what are you on about. oras literally came out at the peak of gamergate, people were fucking livid about those redesigns. do u really think that people only started complaining about "sjws" and "forced diversity" 3 years ago

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
bro what are you on about. oras literally came out at the peak of gamergate, people were fucking livid about those redesigns. do u really think that people only started complaining about "sjws" and "forced diversity" 3 years ago
Oh. Really now.

goodra should have been water/dragon with recover. Yes, it would be absolutely stupid, but think about the stall teams completely comprised of morbidly obese pokemon, it would be funny, like blissey/quagsire/goodra so on so forth

Christmas stories in which Santa exists but adults don't believe in him are dumb. Especially if the plot revolves around belief in Santa (I'm sorry Elf, I still love you though). Like, it's fine for kids to think their parents put the presents under the tree, but the parents should know damn well that they didn't, because they would remember doing so if they did.

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
Christmas stories in which Santa exists but adults don't believe in him are dumb. Especially if the plot revolves around belief in Santa (I'm sorry Elf, I still love you though). Like, it's fine for kids to think their parents put the presents under the tree, but the parents should know damn well that they didn't, because they would remember doing so if they did.
my theory on this sort of thing (that can also apply outside of films ig) has long been that the "christmas spirit" is actually a force utilised by santa to possess the parents & make them do all the work for him - the few times he makes an in-person appearance would be for an orphanage (etc.) or at a house that leaves him absolute banger cookies. that means it's both the parents and santa, pleasing both sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)