Post your searing hot takes

Calling DKC:TF an outstanding platformer is a freezing cold take dude
When I say 'the best 2d platformer of all time', I mean literally the best 2d platformer of all time. Greater than even the aforementioned Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3.

View attachment 303491
What a take to stumble upon in these fiery depths
Maybe it's because I haven't really talked to anyone online about the game (and none of my irl friends have played it either), but I've never seen anyone else declare this game to be the literal pinnacle of platforming games. Sure, everyone agrees that it's a fantastic game overall, but outright claiming that it sits on the same pedestal as SMW and SMB3 (or even higher, in my eyes) is rare.

When I say 'the best 2d platformer of all time', I mean literally the best 2d platformer of all time. Greater than even the aforementioned Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3.

Maybe it's because I haven't really talked to anyone online about the game (and none of my irl friends have played it either), but I've never seen anyone else declare this game to be the literal pinnacle of platforming games. Sure, everyone agrees that it's a fantastic game overall, but outright claiming that it sits on the same pedestal as SMW and SMB3 (or even higher, in my eyes) is rare.
Dude, pretty much any time Tropical Freeze comes up, it's to say that it's the best 2D platformer of all time.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I mean it’s definitely a strong candidate for it. You wouldn’t get any weird looks if u were to state that in a discussion about it in the same way that you wouldn’t get weird looks for saying Celeste or either of those Mario games in the convo, and I think for a take to be hot it needs to prompt weird looks.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I've seen it often be slammed for differences to other classic Sonic games, but I don't think Sonic CD is bad. The stages could use with being more linear, though. It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it's still an enjoyable game with a lot to offer.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
everyone who would reject immortality giving the excuse that "oh i would get bored" is a stupid boring nerd who needs to get a better will to live. dude imagine spending your whole life complaining about nihilism only to not only accept death as an inevitability but prefer it to the alternative. like just play games dude. just invent stuff. make robots or art or something. or even just meditate. absolutely ridiculous

Lina

Out of the Woods
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The 10th Doctor was the freakin' worst one of the NuWho reboot of Doctor Who and Rose was the worst companion. 10Rose was also the worst ship.

...Stephen Moffat wasn't that bad a showrunner and did actually make some good expansion on some of the lore and monsters/villains...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)