Post your searing hot takes

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
Based on what I watch, it doesn't look like the stereotype of the low-effort reaction channel who just stares at a video with no actual reaction or commentary is all that true, at least anymore. I stumble upon a lot of reaction channels that offer interesting and insightful commentary on the videos they watch, like this guy who reacts to videos about history and uses his knowledge to add additional context and give his own opinions. The reaction genre has some pretty good content if you go looking for it.

Smash Ultimate is a thoroughly pointless game devoid of literally any reason to play it outside of offline VS which people couldn't play for the past 2 years because of the pandemic.

64 was the best Smash game, Brawl had the best content tho.

Geno would be a terrible inclusion and Waluigi is better as a meme character.

People that complain about the price of games sound childish and broke.

Mario 64 controls like trash.

Zero Mission is a better game than Super Metroid by a whole mile. (And Dread is probably #1 overall, but I'll wait a bit on that because of recency bias.)

Gen 5 is overrated as hell.

People that straight up put the Distortion World on a feature list of reasons why they're not buying BDSP are posers and should never be taken seriously.

Edit: And judging by what people put out as hacks, a ton of complaints about the Pokémon franchise should be outright dismissed.

Alright you pay for my games then moneybags
If you didn't make it, you don't get to put a price tag on it. I despise that mentality. You're literally looking at people and saying that their work is not valuable enough.

If your first instinct when seeing something that's too expensive for you to afford is "Damn, they gotta make this cheaper!" instead of "Damn, I gotta get more money!" you're the problem. Straight up.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A game putting it bluntly is worth as much as an individual consumer is willing to pay for it. Not just games, but any product in general. What is worth $60 or $70 for one person may not be worth it for someone else.

Price sensitivity is different for everyone and the worth of a product depends on what you value and want out of a specific thing. And that can be different for every individual person.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
If you didn't make it, you don't get to put a price tag on it. I despise that mentality. You're literally looking at people and saying that their work is not valuable enough.

If your first instinct when seeing something that's too expensive for you to afford is "Damn, they gotta make this cheaper!" instead of "Damn, I gotta get more money!" you're the problem. Straight up.
This assumes that the creator of a game is always the person who puts the price tag on it. Also, any argument about the affordability or lack thereof of things that amounts to "just be less poor" is pretty flimsy.

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
im going to draw more goodras in maid costumes and sell them for £200 per inch of slime and nobody can criticise me hahaha

People that straight up put the Distortion World on a feature list of reasons why they're not buying BDSP are posers and should never be taken seriously.
Tough talk from the guy complaining about the experience share being mandatory in BDSP

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

Economics -101

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)