Post your searing hot takes

there is no such thing as "cancel culture," but there IS the sense of entitlement the American far-right have that everyone must be willing to listen to whatever dumb shit they have to say. Complaints of "cancel culture" are really intended attacks on basic human rights of expression and association, in support of totalitarian ideologies intent on doing away with those rights altogether.

Examples of "cancel culture" include:

-Discredited university professors that are fired after saying the Catholic Church did all those raped and murdered kids a favour.
-Neo-Nazis who defend sexual abuse of children
-Television channels that run segments promoting the politics found in manifestos of mass shooters
-Wife-beating scumbag anti-Semites

Meanwhile, the people naming "cancel culture" as some menace include:

-The institution that literally murdered colonised peoples for not accepting their god
-The "free speech advocate" who tried suing people over a private conversation that doesn't actually slander anyone
-The "free speech advocate" who wants to censor school curricula across the US and fire people for not teaching "patriotic education"

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
My spicy take is that I hate all variations on "blessed", "cursed", and I ESPECIALLY hate the word "blursed". Fucking hate this stupid-ass chonker sounding word. It's literally a word made up by reddit to describe feelings of adoration, discomfort and conflicting feelings about something in a stupidly dumbed -down way. It ticks me off to no end when I'm minding my own business, scrolling through my TL and then I saw "aw hehe my heckin' chonker doggo made a blursed face, updoot my post for all the karma!" HATE THAT. OOOOOOH my face always turns red with angry as the smoke begins to flow out of my ears whenever see I sat garbage distortion of the English language.

Also you ever heard a Brit say fucking "blursed heckin' chonker doggo"? No, you fucking haven't because they don't speak this stupid Americanized millennial bullshit. I hate those words with a fiery fucking passion. Just say "Oh look at my cute little puppy / dog, isn't he cute despite his smooshed face from inbreeding?"

good night smogoff

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
no movie or show is improved by dream sequences or hallucinations. if im watching a character talking or doing something else then they had better be alive and corporeal. and dont say inception because the premise of inception is that you can go into someone elses dream which is not the same as just a boring hallucination

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
no movie or show is improved by dream sequences or hallucinations. if im watching a character talking or doing something else then they had better be alive and corporeal. and dont say inception because the premise of inception is that you can go into someone elses dream which is not the same as just a boring hallucination
idk i feel like sometimes in shows like scrubs it can offer insight into a characters psyche in a humorous way but im not sure if you mean it like that because in that case it happens in like every episode and is a running joke in the show

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
says he doesn't like hallucinations yet his pfp is literally a bird.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Cats was a great movie, and it is only because of the rise of atheism, agnosticism, indifferentism, and fundamentalism of various religions that it went misunderstood. If you have read all of the Doctors of the Church and the mystics of the Islamic Golden Age you would understand its genius.
my hot take is that you are full of cat shit lol

I thought they were already considered pretty distinct? Like the conversational track of "Do you have any coffee?" getting responded with "No, we only have instant" with the implications being that instant coffee is outright not coffee is a thing that already happens.

Is this a rare occurrence and I'm just lucky with regional dialects??

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
anyone over the age of 0 should be immediately disqualified from being the president of the united states. was going to follow this suggestion up by suggesting the country be bombed to the ground, but in light of current geopolitical tensions that may be an insensitive sentiment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)