Post your searing hot takes

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
oat milk tastes like sad porridge and im absolutely astounded it's become the most popular milk alternative. can't put it in anything without it becoming granola flavour

coconut and hazelnut milk are good in certain circumstances but cashew milk is the only truly good neutral option for drinks.
i have not yet tried hemp, pea, or potato milk.
bruh what the hell is potato milk....

have yall ever had banana milk ? strangest alt milk ever

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
I really do not give a single shit about any reality tv dating shows and that includes things like Love Island, Love is Blind or either form of the the Bachelor(ette). They are vapid and annoying and they make me feel so so weird, like we live in some weird dystopia where you go on tv and ruin your reputation all so people can see you at your lowest, most petty point in your life and for what, a marriage that ends in divorce in the span of three months? I just don't get it beyond watching pretty people expose how ugly they are. You want to watch flypaper white Ari Luyndick (or however you spell his name) go on tv only to waffle over three very pretty caucasian woman, cutting any and all but one women of color in the preliminary rounds, for him to change his mind literally two nights before the finale airs on live tv? Like, I just don't understand why you'd want me to watch that and derive joy, PLEASURE, from that shit. I'm really not interested in that man at all and I don't understand why anyone would be. Love is Blind is also an interesting concept for the sake of a dating show, like "oh we made it so you have to like their personalities first and foremost" but they also seem to cast the worst people on the show because these are the people who are sociopathic and/or self-centered enough to televise their marriage on national television when there's clear problems. Like eurgh. I have a friend who worked on the latest season of it, so of course I'm gonna support them and just watch an episode because like, sure, why not, let me see all these horror stories you mentioned, and then I'm like, shit, how can literally anyone sit through more than five minutes of this. It's like, even the friends of the bride are just tiring. I love how there's always one girl who's friends with the ain girl who is like "I'm Jenny's bff since we were in 10th grade," (context Jenny is probably like 19) " and I know that this guy, BRandon, and gurl, he, uh, he's no good for her and I'mma make everyone know that his business ain't right for her", and she ends up using like AAVE and Queer terminology she learned on tiktok despite being the most socially conservative cishet white woman you've seen go to Texas Christian since the bride's own mother or something. This trope, the best friend who is a camera hog who muggs up every single shot for as much screentime as possible for a spinoff show I guess(?) is the worst and I don't understand why anyone would find that kind of television interesting in the slightest. THE WORST ONE THOUGH? THE LOVE BOAT on CBs last fall. Like, they made it as a reboot of an old tv show but this time as a reality dating show that couldn't decide if it wanted to be Survivor, the Bachelor in Paradise or like The amazing Race? I watched 15 seconds of a commerical with the male host who might as well have been Mehmet Oz or something, and I noped out of there faster than the time I accidentally walked in on grandma using the toilet. it's so bad dude, it's genuinely cringeworthy every time that commercial appears on my screen, thank GOD it got cancelled

tl;dr reality tv dating shows are dumb and i don't like em and if you do then you're a strange one who enjoys watching people be petty and bad

though idk if my words carry much weight since i want to be on survivor looooool

Dunkin' coffee is one of the best coffee out there, even better than the likes of Starbucks, McDonald's, and Tim Hortons. People who hate it are just pretentious fancy people lol

MAMP

MAMP!
[shit american chain coffee] is one of the best coffee out there, even better than the likes of [shit american chain coffee], [shit american chain coffee], and [shit canadian chain coffee]. People who hate it are just [people who have ever been to a half-decent cafe] lol

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Hippity hoppity, I'm back with some more hot takes...ity? Dang, I was kind of hoping that would rhyme. Once again, I won't be sticking to any specific theme with these.
  • The vast majority of modern YouTube's problems stem from content creators themselves as opposed to how the platform was handled.
  • Especially here in the United States, economic stability would be a lot better off if people would stop spending way too much per month on useless crap they'll probably never use.
  • Reheated microwave pizza can and often does taste better than freshly made pizza right out of the oven.
  • The Nintendo GameCube's first-party game selection honestly isn't that great across the board.
  • Arby's objectively has the best fries in all of American fast food.
  • Charizard went from being overrated to over-hated within the span of one handheld system.
  • Marinara sauce can go extremely well with almost any kind of food.
  • We need to stop paying adult strangers yearly salaries to send children to spend the same amount of time away from home as they do inside the home.

Last edited:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
wait is that last one anti education
Yes and no. It's not meant to be anti-education, so much as how I think it's stupid that there are 24 hours in the day, and children will frequently spend over two-thirds of that away from a parent or guardian. I do understand this is going to have its own repercussions, especially in, say, an abusive household for example. There's sadly no perfect answer to this. I do have my own opinions on education, but... uh, let's just say I don't plan on posting some of them anytime soon.

Yes and no. It's not meant to be anti-education, so much as how I think it's stupid that there are 24 hours in the day, and children will frequently spend over two-thirds of that away from a parent or guardian. I do understand this is going to have its own repercussions, especially in, say, an abusive household for example. There's sadly no perfect answer to this. I do have my own opinions on education, but... uh, let's just say I don't plan on posting some of them anytime soon.
I mean, the kids have to be weaned off their guardians at some point, no? Getting more time off them and learning to be more independent is one of the corner stones of becoming a self caring adult who got their life in order

In my country's school system, school days are shorter when you're younger. First grade went to 1pm at the latest, 5th grade to 4pm, 10th grade to 6pm. So when you're younger and need more time from your guardians, you get it, but the older you get, the more time you spend by yourself. I think that's fine. When a kid's grown, they have to take (most of) life on by themselves afterall

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Miscellaneous takes that I have

Cat girls are NOT that good

Booster Energy is trash on everything except Roaring Moon

CrossFit is bad, it leaves you flat as a bowl of piss, do powerlifting

In gen 8 OU, ban toxapex, clefable, kartana and blacephalon, there, I fixed your tier

In gen 7, ban Kartana

In gen 9, ban kartana

If your "fat balance team" has 5 stall mons and one Clefable/Mega Latias with Calm Mind, I'm sorry, but that's stall too

One Punch Man is only cool because the first season was well animated, and it's fun action, but has literally nothing else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 4)