Professor Smeargle: Digital Art Tutorial / Tutoring Thread

Ok, so there isn't anything there, but is anyone here good with adobe after effects? I have a couple of questions that need answering and I haven't found any tuts online for it. Just respond to my post or PM me and I'd be much obliged. Thanks.

Who doesn't? Dicks are an important part of drawing furry commissions!

Anyway NJ, you've got a lot of super useful stuff in there (granted, some I've already seen)! Particularly the first one, drawing glossy/metallic stuff is a huge pain in the arse. Cheers!

how do you color blend? /:

i tried following nastyjungles tut but the individual shades are really obvious and it doesn't even look like a smooth gradient

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Excellent tutorials posted nj (haven't checked 4chan links as of yet). I should take the time to print some of those sketch dumps on low opacity and then draw on top of them, for the sole purpose of hammering the anatomy into my finger movements. I can both see and understand how you can break down complex figures into simple shapes, but when it comes down to feet and hands I just can't get. it. to. worrrrrrrk.

Phobs is a great artist. Came across another of his sketch dumps a while ago and I spent several minutes just eyeing his faces. Damn.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
how do you color blend? /:

i tried following nastyjungles tut but the individual shades are really obvious and it doesn't even look like a smooth gradient
sample the colors inbetween and run over with those, then sample again, and again and again and just keep on sampling and going over again until it is 1 smooth baby

I have a problem with my photoshop.

I've been in the middle of making the Uber Stall guide pic for smogon, and unfortunately, something happened.

My colour is stuck on the gray. I don't know why. But it is stuck on the whites, grays, and blacks for some reason. I go onto the colour pallet and choose orange, and I get a gray colour. What's up?

Did you set your image to greyscale mode?

ETA: When you make a new image...

instead of Grayscale.

You can also check it by going Image > Mode > RBG Color.

Are you unable to switch to RGB Mode through Image > Mode?

Also, you can try making a new RGB document, and selecting all the layers and duplicating them into that document.

......CRAP. I THINK I REPLACED THE PIC SOMEWHERE. Aw for the love of...... Well, thanks for the info though. I am still a newbie when it comes to photoshop, but learning these technical probs the hard way will at least keep them in my head. Thanks guys.

it's good to use colors that differ in hue slightly or is more saturated from whatever the orginal color was...
THANK YOU

nothing looks more ugly than shading where the artist plainly just dragged the colour picker down and to the right, or even worse, just down.
*shudder*

Volmise

.:The Firefly Light:.
is an Artist Alumnus
What is better for making drawings, Corel Painter 12 or Photoshop Cs5?
Honestly, any program you can think of is good for drawing with. There is no "set standard" or magic one that will make you any better than any other program.

What I did personally was try them all. GIMP, Corel, Photoshop, SAI, mucked around for a bit, and found where I was comfortable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)