Project Uber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Hp / 216 SpD / 40 Def
Calm Nature (+SpD -Atk
- Roar
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Takes Draco Meteors like a champ. Never 2hkod by MixQuaza's Outrage. SR support opens up your lead position. Knock Off can make stuff like PALKIA a lot less deadly. Roar is because of the single coverage move, and stuff that thinks they can set up on your weak Ice Beams. Counters the fuck out of Palkia, having useful Dragon and Water resists. This is best used with Wish support, so it doesn't get worn down too quickly.

Theorymon says "hmm... I may test a similar set sans Knock Off."

Can I list some recommendations for people to test (since Shoddy isn't working for me, and not enough people play Ubers on Netbattle)?

(CAPS= SHOULD ALREADY BE ON LIST)

Victreebel (Swords Dance/Sucker Punch/Leaf Blade/ HP Fire or Sleep Powder)
CB Seaking
CB/BP Rapidash (megahorn+sun support make it a potential)
Typhlosion
EXEGGUTOR
CELEBI
Umbreon!
CSpecs Jolteon

To contribute to this topic I will post a set I have used to good effect in Ubers on a forgotten, yet useful Pokemon.

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP/24 Spd/20 SAtk/212 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Wood Hammer
- Blizzard
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Abomasnow works to counter Kyogre Leads, and Groudon leads (packing Dragon Claw over Fire Punch / Stone Edge). Being slower also means their weather effects wear off. Abomasnow also stops Manaphy from wreaking havoc, and can come in on Scarf Chomp's EQ and KO with Blizzard. Most Dragons, Lugia, and Parasect (barring Palkia/Dialga) don't enjoy the risk of taking STAB Blizzards, and Abomasnow gives Skymin something to be afraid of switchin into. Leech Seed helps to make up for Abomasnow's lesser Defense stats in conjunction to Protect, and can cause switches, making it of use on Stall teams. Additionally, combining him with Pokemon that usually use Ice Beam can now use Blizzard instead.

If one looks to be shown how this Abomasnow is to be played here is a link:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43792

The link depicts a team that isn't held back by Abomasnow.

I have also tested the standard STALLrein and have found that in Ubers it takes hits better than Forretress does (due to its high HP stat, not factoring in Ice Body). It also works to be a good Phazer, and can stall even when UBERS are throwing around strong Physical attacks.

Please add Stallrein / Abomasnow to the test list. I have used them quite well to great success prior to Shoddy failing on me.

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP/24 Spd/20 SAtk/212 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Wood Hammer
- Blizzard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Have you tried running Grass knot over Wood Hammer? It still KO's most Ogres, and hits stuff like Groudon a lot harder.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
'Snow is actually a very good set (or was).

Stall Walrein leaves a poor taste in my mouth, but hey we're testing everything!

@ Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Ability: Synchronize
- Endeavor
- Substitute
- Explosion
- Sucker Punch (may try Focus Punch or Vacuum Wave later)

This set is quite simple. Sub down to 1 HP and either Endeavor or Explode. Along the way toss in some Sucker Punches as needed.

Well, that was the general gist of it xD Though I can go into more detail if need be.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Ability: Synchronize
- Endeavor
- Substitute
- Explosion
- Sucker Punch (may try Focus Punch or Vacuum Wave later)

This set is quite simple. Sub down to 1 HP and either Endeavor or Explode. Along the way toss in some Sucker Punches as needed.

Well, that was the general gist of it xD Though I can go into more detail if need be.
My only qualms about the set is that are we considering Mew UnderUsed?
The set itself is also kind of a gimmick, maybe we could try to fix it up? What is the point of subbing down then doing this? If you plan on testing Mew, I would also say that you should do other sets besides it.

My only qualms about the set is that are we considering Mew UnderUsed?
The set itself is also kind of a gimmick, maybe we could try to fix it up? What is the point of subbing down then doing this? If you plan on testing Mew sets I would also say that you should do other sets besides it.
Well, I'm kinda new to Ubers battling, but I wanted to try this out. But I'm open to suggestions :) I consider Mew underused because its February usage was lower than that of Ho-oh, which you've considered underused.

My original set for the Mew was:

@ Focus Sash
Mild
EVs: 252 Atk/82 SpA/176 Spe
IVs: 1 HP/0 Def/0 SpD
Synchronize

Thunder Wave
Vacuum Wave
Endeavor
Explosion

but it got denied in C&C earlier today D: Which set do you think I should base a new set off of?

Matthew

Well Mew can do any +2 Stat up. With 100 stats accross the board she can do anything. So maybe you should base it off of one or two of those moves?

Nasty Plot - SpAtk
Rock Polish - Spe
Swords Dance - Atk
Barrier - Def
Amnesia - SpDef

Tell me what you think

Well Mew can do any +2 Stat up. With 100 stats accross the board she can do anything. So maybe you should base it off of one or two of those moves?

Nasty Plot - SpAtk
Rock Polish - Spe
Swords Dance - Atk
Barrier - Def
Amnesia - SpDef

Tell me what you think
Hmm...I like this idea, but the only problem is that there are so many other Pokemon out there that wall/sweep better than Mew. So, in my opinion, the only way we can make a successful Mew set is by creating a set that no other Pokemon can use?

ATM, I'm leaning towards making a Barrier+Amnesia wall set. What do you think?

Matthew

Amnesia + Barrier sounds good. Throw on Toxic and a recovery move and you're good.

Watch out for Taunt though

Amnesia + Barrier sounds good. Throw on Toxic and a recovery move and you're good.

Watch out for Taunt though
Okay, I'll try it. However, shouldn't I run Baton Pass or at least some attack move with it though too, just in case? Since Dialga, for instance, isn't affected by Toxic?

And which should I run, a +Def or a +SpD nature?

So, tentatively, should I run this:

@ Leftovers
(TBD)
EVs: 252 HP/ (252 of unboosted Defense, 4 of boosted Defense)

Roost (lol)
Amnesia
Barrier
Toxic

Matthew

I do agree maybe you should run Baton Pass with Amnesia (since Ubers is filled with Special Attacks). That way you can switch out on Dialga, and still do something worthwhile.

I do agree maybe you should run Baton Pass with Amnesia (since Ubers is filled with Special Attacks). That way you can switch out on Dialga, and still do something worthwhile.
So, no Roost or no Toxic? Not being able to Roost hinders Mew's ability to boost again and again, while Toxic takes away its only ability to do damage...

This should be an interesting set, as long as Mew doesn't get raped by Taunters xD

Matthew

So, no Roost or no Toxic? Not being able to Roost hinders Mew's ability to boost again and again, while Toxic takes away its only ability to do damage...

This should be an interesting set, as long as Mew doesn't get raped by Taunters xD
I was actually suggesting getting rid of Barrier.

Replace Barrier with Baton Pass, and Toxic with W-o-w.

W-o-w does damage like Toxic and replaces the need to boost your Defense, Baton Pass allows Mew to do something with its boosts, while still healing with Roost. Additionally, W-o-w is less common than Toxic, so it would be nice to use. Heatran also does not threaten Mew since Mew can stall with some Amnesia and Roost support, and Baton Pass out.

Also, maybe you could list an alternative Barrier over Amnesia and Toxic over W-o-w set...

I was actually suggesting getting rid of Barrier.
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. How soon do you want updates on it?

Replace Barrier with Baton Pass, and Toxic with W-o-w.

W-o-w does damage like Toxic and replaces the need to boost your Defense, Baton Pass allows Mew to do something with its boosts, while still healing with Roost.
That's a great idea! Thanks for suggesting it.

Officially, this is the exact set I'm testing at the moment:

@ Leftovers
Calm
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 SpD

Roost
Amnesia
Baton Pass
W-o-w

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not really. I was thinking something with Lum Berry since Darkrai leads are running rampant.

Yanmega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature(+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Toxic/Hypnosis/U-Turn
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash

Just an idea. Supposedly functions as an anti lead. Darkrai Dark Voids but Lum Berry saves you so you can Substitute. This gives you a turn to cripple something or do damage. Bug Buzz gets pretty nice coverage in ubers while Air Slash hits Parasect, Toxicroak and Shaymin-S for decent enough damage.
I like this Idea, it may be more viable than my sweeper Yanmega set.
But maybe use HP Ice instead of Air Slash? It still hits all these pokemon hard, Skymin Harder, and can serve as a way of dealing with Rayquaza.
I'm not able to play many battles, no one's on the ladder except for Theorymon. In the few i played, though, Yanmega has performed decently, though not fantastically.

EDIT: I don't think it's going to work. It just doesn't hit hard enough. The sweeper set, i mean.

Has anyone tried a defensive set for Palkia? It has pretty good resistances including x4 resistance to water and fire. Only one weakness which is dragon type. I think it may have some success

For Yanmega use Life Orb over Lum Berry, and Protect over Substitute. Hidden Power Ice or Sleep Talk over the 2nd slot, and you have yourself a more threatening anti-lead. Protect so you know whether its going to Dark Void or Trick, Sleep Talk the 2nd turn if it will use Dark Void, or Bug Buzz if it will use Trick. Protect works against Scarfers like Heracross whom carry Stone Edge, so Yanmega can sweep the next turn.

Hidden Power Ice has some use : Skymin, Garchomp, (not so much Rayquaza whom can Extreme Speed Yanmega pretty hard), but Sleep Talk allows for Status Absorbtion, and with Speed Boost, allows for some pretty hasty Sleep Talking.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature(+SAtk, -Atk)
- Protect
- Hidden Power Ice / Sleep Talk
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash

Has anyone tried a defensive set for Palkia? It has pretty good resistances including x4 resistance to water and fire. Only one weakness which is dragon type. I think it may have some success
That's not the purpose of this thread. Try the Uber discussion thread.

I frequented the top 10 on the Uber ladder way back in the summer with this Dugtrio on my team:

Duggy @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge / Toxic
~Sucker Punch
~Stealth Rock

I don't know how common Choice Thunder leads are anymore though, so having this on your team might be more of a liability than anything else these days. If someone wants to try this out I'd like to hear about the results :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)