Rampaging Pokemon & Rampaging Items! (A Suspect Warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there Smogon, this is B_T with my first warstory to you guys. I always wanted to make a warstory, but I never found a really good battle to write about. I hope this is good enough as a battle and as a warstory. Here we go!​

It was Sunday evening as I was getting prepared for the Smogon Tour (2:00 PM EDT is 9:00 PM for me XD), when I decided to take a break and find a battle at the Suspect ladder. As usual, there was a long moment of suspense until a battler approached to the empty server. I brace myself for a tough battle, with the level of battlers in Suspect already high, when the server matches me up with Phyres.​

I didn't recall a battle against him, and was too lazy to check his CRE, so I was ready for anything.​

*My most used account on shoddy is Testmehz, so that represents me in this battle.​

Rules:

-Ladder Match
-Sleep Clause
-Freeze Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Evasion Clause
-Species Clause
-Strict Damage Clause
-Soul Dew Clause​

My comments will be in Blue.
Log parts will be in, well, Black.
Parts from the chat will be in text boxes.
Leftovers will be mentioned once, and then omitted.
Sandstorm damage will be mentioned once, and then omitted.
Score will be mentioned after any pokemon faints (Testmehz – Phyres).​

Team *insert cheesy name here*:

To avoid unwanted spoilers, do NOT scroll to the bottom and see Phyres's team (I know you're tempted now ^_^).​

Phyres sent out Tyranitar.
testmehz sent out Skarmory.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!

- 100%

- 100%

"A Skarmory lead? What's the point in that?" might be the thoughts of some of you out there. Well, there's a very good answer to that: The 3 top leads after the banishment of Deoxys-e were: Metagross, Skymin & Bronzong. Metagross and Bronzong can't touch Skarmory without Trick, and Skymin needs HP Fire to really break Skarmory without haxing it to death. Besides, it's a good lead for laying down spikes early on, and I needed a Skarmory somewhere in the team, when I said: "Hey, why not as a lead?". That's about it for Skarmory.
Lead Tyranitar in Suspect is usually an Expert Belt MixTar, so without too much thinking, I quickly switched in Garchomp.

testmehz switched in Garchomp.
Tyranitar used Fire Blast.
It's not very effective...
Garchomp lost 16% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 84%

- 100%

Yep, got Garchomp in. I was a bit worried about a prediction, but then again, who the hell will predict on the first move?
OK, no annoying burn hax, now to decide: what to do? My Garchomp is a ScarfChomp, so I wasn't 100% sure that an EQ will KO, but I went for it anyway. My team has trouble with MixTar, so I need to get it out of the picture, and fast.

Garchomp used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 46% of its health.
The Shuca Berry weakened Earthquake's power!
Tyranitar used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.

- 84%

- 54%

Why did I think it was Expert Belt Tar again? Oh well. At least it didn't Ice Beam me. Seeing no recoil nor recovery must have led him to a conclusion that Garchomp is indeed Choice'd, but like I said, KO'ing T-Tar was that essential that I went for yet another EQ.

Phyres switched in Zapdos.
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!
Garchomp used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Zapdos...
The sandstorm rages.
Zapdos is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Zapdos lost 6% of its health.
Zapdos's leftovers restored its health a little!
Zapdos restored 6% of its health.

- 84%
- 100%

Well, I deserved that. Hmm, I don't recall the last time I met a Zapdos at Suspect, so I had no idea how my team fares against it. I know I can't stay in with a possible (and likely) HP Ice coming my way, so I make the switch to the fat ball of pink that is…

testmehz switched in Blissey.
Pointed stones dug into Blissey.
Blissey lost 12% of its health.
Zapdos used Substitute.
Zapdos lost 25% of its health.
Zapdos made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages.
Blissey is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Blissey lost 6% of its health.
Blissey's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blissey restored 6% of its health.

- 88%

- 75%

Blissey! I know she's a pain to battle but you gotta love that pink pile of fat.
Well, that move tells me that I have a pretty good player against me. Subbing on the switch left me a clue to its moveset though: probably Sub-Roost. Luckily, with Ice Beam and Aromatherapy, Blissey can stand in it's way of stalling the crap out of me, but only for enough time to gain a switch. You'll see what I mean later on. I carry SR on my Blissey, since she has so many opportunities to set them up, and I choose to do it now.

Zapdos used Toxic.
Blissey was badly poisoned!
Blissey used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.
Blissey is hurt by poison!

- 82%

- 75%

With that done, I start to combat the Zapdos. As mentioned earlier, Blissey has Aromatherapy. I'll cure myself of Poison, and then Zapdos will likely Toxic Blissey again, while I break it's sub with Ice Beam. While it subs again, I'll have my only opportunity to switch out to someone that can threaten it. With that in mind, I begin my plan:

Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 25% of its health.
Blissey used Aromatherapy.
The sandstorm rages.

Zapdos used Toxic.
Blissey was badly poisoned!
Blissey used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Zapdos!
Zapdos's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.
Blissey is hurt by poison!

- 76%

- 100%

All according to plan. Now to switch. I decided to switch to Latios, since the only thing that can hurt him between Substitute, Roost, Toxic and Thunderbolt is Toxic, and Latios is a hit and run pokemon anyway (TrickSpecs Latios), so Latios it is.

Phyres switched in Lucario.
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
testmehz switched in Latios.
Pointed stones dug into Latios.
Latios lost 12% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Latios is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Latios lost 6% of its health.

- 82%

- 97%

Apparently, he decided to switch too. I guess he didn't feel comfortable in the Blissey - Zapdos situation. Lucario is a big problem to my team, so that doesn't really cheer me up. The situation is in my favor though, as Latios can fire of Specs-Boosted-Attacks from 130 base SpA. The choice was between Surf and Thunderbolt. I didn't want to risk a Tyranitar switch in with Thunderbolt, so I went with the more obvious surf, waiting for his response.

Phyres switched in Skarmory.
Pointed stones dug into Skarmory.
Skarmory lost 12% of its health.
Latios used Surf.
Skarmory lost 46% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Skarmory's leftovers restored its health a little!
Skarmory restored 6% of its health.

- 76%

- 48%

Suddenly I regret about not using T-Bolt, when a heavily SpD EV'd Skarmory comes to soak up my Surf. "Latios can fire of Specs-Boosted-Attacks from 130 base SpA" sounds familiar? Skarmory laughs at Latios and his Specs while threatening to stall me out of Surf PP. I hoped that 46% was minimum damage as I fired another Surf.

Latios used Surf.
Skarmory lost 44% of its health.
Skarmory used Roost.
Skarmory restored 50% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 70%

- 60%

That turned out much worse than I thought. I have to switch now. I have a Heatran just for pesky Skarmory who ruin my fun, so in you go!

testmehz switched in Heatran.
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Skarmory used Roost.
Skarmory restored 40% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Heatran's leftovers restored its health a little!
Heatran restored 6% of its health.

- 94%

- 100%

OK, Heatran's in, and now the obvious move is Fire Blast, right? With that in mind, I quickly select…

Phyres switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
Heatran used Substitute.
Heatran lost 25% of its health.
Heatran made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages.

- 75%

- 42%

Substitute! SubTran in Suspect does wonders against Garchomp, Lati@s, Tyranitar and Blissey switch ins. Fearing Tyranitar, I leaned towards Earth Power, but in the end, I ended up going with the safe option – Substitute.Now the choice is clear – Earth Power will finish off Tyranitar once and for all.

Heatran used Earth Power.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 27% of its health.
Tyranitar used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Heatran!
Heatran's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.

Heatran used Earth Power.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 15% of its health.
Phyres's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

- 87%
- 0% - KO

Score: 6-5

Well, that worked out rather well. I get the first kill and get rid of a T-Tar at the same time. As I celebrate my first KO, Phyres sends out something that ends my party to a halt.

Phyres switched in Kyogre!

Wait, what? That's not right.
Did that add to the excitement? lol
Didn't work, huh? OK, got me.

Phyres switched in Latios.

- 87%
- 88%

I'm not staying in with Heatran on a Latios, especially if it's specs'ed. I feared Trick, but I didn't have a lot of choices. In comes Blissey!

Latios used Surf.
Blissey lost 16% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Latios is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Latios lost 6% of its health.

- 48%
- 82%

Seeing that Latios didn't have recoil / Recovery, along with the damage output from Surf, leads me to the conclusion that it is indeed Scpecs'ed.
From the obvious switch, I take the time to recover with Softboiled, so that Blissey can stall out Latios another day.

Blissey used Softboiled.
Blissey restored 50% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 98%
- 94%

Ugh, Lucario takes advantage of my Hard Boiled Egg to theaten to KO each and every member in my team. I really need a decent counter for that thing.
Garchomp can't risk the CC, Latios can't risk SD + Extremespeed, and Heatran, Blissey and my hidden pokemon – Scizor, all fall to a CC (as Scizor falls to 2, or SD + CC). That means I have to sacrifice something. Skarmory – my Defensive wall - actually dies to Close Combats exactly like Scizor, and is the least useful member in my team with the presence of Latios & Zapdos. So Skarmory is it. Too bad you didn't manage to do anything this time.

testmehz switched in Skarmory.
Lucario used Close Combat.
Skarmory lost 51% of its health.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 37%

- 84%

I was a bit lucky that he didn't have the guts to SD up, as that would've torn through my team like Scissors vs Paper. He's now forced to CC again, as I say my goodbyes to Skarmory.

Skarmory lost 37% of its health.
testmehz's Skarmory fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

- 0% - KO

- 74%

Score: 5-5

That evened up the scoreline. My options to scare away Lucario were Latios and Garchomp. I decided to save Garchomp's health for threatening Lucario, and kept it hidden (though he's 60% of the metagame ;p), while I went with Latios.

- 58%

- 74%

Latios is starting to lose HP… Better be cautious. Lucario won't stay in on a Surf with -2 defenses, so a switch is obvious. Skarmory worked for him in before, so I bet he'll go for it yet again.

Phyres switched in Skarmory.
Latios used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 88% of its health.
Phyres's Skarmory fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

- 52%

- 0% - KO

Score: 5-4

With the switch in mind, I decide to nail the Skarmory with a well timed T-Bolt. That worked amazingly well =)
With that done, I'm in the lead once more. I don't get why he didn't think about T-Bolt (or even Trick), but oh well, we're all human after all.
As an afterthought, I remember about the 60% Garchomp statistic, and shake as the unarguable perfect switch in appears.

Phyres switched in Garchomp.
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp.
Garchomp lost 6% of its health.

- 52%

- 94%

Yep, Garchomp's in. My 'counter' for it is Skarmory, and my 'checks' for it are Latios and my own Garchomp. Latios can't do anything now, Garchomp can't risk an Outrage, and so my only option is revealing Scizor. I'm not even considering Heatran nor Blissey, as a SD could be dire. Hope he doesn't over predict with a fire attack.

testmehz switched in Scizor.
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Garchomp used Outrage.
Garchomp went on a rampage!
Scizor lost 29% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 59%

- 94%

Boy was that turn important. It may sound like an exaggeration, but that was the key turn in the match. That single turn provided me a lot of information:

-It's either Banded or Scarfed. According to the damage output of the attack, the Garchomp is likely to be scarfed.

That means:

1) Blissey can survive an Outrage with her current amount of health, and KO it back with Ice Beam. (Hopefully without missing)
2) His garchomp outspeeds my Latios, and due to my ScarfChomp running enough Speed EV's to only outrun base 130's, it outspeeds him too. Thus, I have no option of revenge killing it.

My only option here is to keep Scizor in and hope for the KO. I know that 1 BP will not be even close to KO'ing the land shark, and it's not even sure to 2HKO either. I have two options: SD + BP -or- 2 BP's. Due to sand stream, I can miss a BP at any given moment, so SD'ing up isn't a smart option.
So, I decide that the best option is to spam BP and hope for a 2HKO.

Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Garchomp lost 44% of its health.
Scizor lost 10% of its health.
Garchomp used Outrage.
Scizor lost 32% of its health.
Garchomp's rampage ended.
Garchomp became confused!
The sandstorm rages.

- 17%

- 50%

No 2HKO here. Plus, he got a 2-turn-Outrage. Oh well.
I predict an obvious switch, and think about my options.

-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-X-Scissor
-Superpower

That actually lists Scizor's moveset, lol.

-Swords Dance is too risky, as Garchomp can threaten a kill, Lucario can switch in and Extremespeed and, well that’s about it. On the other side, it can hurt Zapdos a bit more with BP spamming afterwards, but it can just spam Roost to counter that as I die from LO anyway. He won't switch in Latios, that's for sure. So – no SD this match. This whole match lacked SD, lol.

-I can always continue with BP, though I'm still afraid of the Lucario switch. Every time the demon gets in the match, I have to sacrifice a pokemon, so BP is out of the question.

-Honestly, what can I use X-Scissor for? It's like BP, just with more power (KO'ing Garchomp) and no priority.

-Superpower can KO Garchomp like X-Scissor, and can catch my nightmare (Lucario) off guard. In my state, I would've done anything to KO Lucario, if it means a possible waste of my Scizor (Attack drop, no priority and LO damage).

By using Superpower, I was in danger of Garchomp killing me with a 'lucky' 50% Outrage, but I was willing to take that risk for KO'ing Luke.
So Superpower it is.

Phyres switched in Zapdos.
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Zapdos.
Zapdos lost 25% of its health.
Scizor used Superpower.
Zapdos lost 21% of its health.
Scizor's attack was lowered.
Scizor's defence was lowered.
Scizor lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 7%

- 54%

I completely forgot about Zapdos. Looking back, Zapdos was the obvious move, but I guess Lucario cracked me a bit. The fact that it can single handedly win him the match shook me hard, and I was willing to take any chance of killing him while I still had some chances. I have no Scizor priority anymore, so Lucario really got me scared then.
Enough about that, on with the battle. Zapdos is a real pain, especially to Scizor. The Roost was visible a mile away, so I strongly suggested Superpower, but in the end I said to myself: "What the heck, lets BP!".

Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Zapdos lost 11% of its health.
Scizor lost 8% of its health.
testmehz's Scizor fainted.
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
But there was no target.
The sandstorm rages.

- 0% - KO

- 43%

Score: 4-4

The score is even once more. That was a weird move on his part, but maybe he predicted a Superpower. Though with an Attack drop, Zapdos takes less than half anyway. (I think, unless it's Special defensive…)
With Zapdos weakened, I have a free switch to a revenge killer. Again, I have the Latios-Garchomp dilemma. Since Latios has a lot of neutrality with his Surf, I leaned towards Latios once more.

- 40%

- 43%

Latios is dying only to Stealth Rocks. I guess those rocks really are better than Suspects =/. Sandstorm is helping, though.
I suspect a Latios switch, but Phyres has been playing extremely straightforward the entire match, so I go with the safe Surf to finish Zapdos off. Besides, I guess it's too risky to switch in a latios on a latios. That makes sense.

Latios used Surf.
Zapdos lost 43% of its health.
Phyres's Zapdos fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

- 34%

- 0% - KO

Score: 4-3

Nice revenge kill, Latios. Good job. After a surf, you know who'll come in, right?

Phyres switched in Latios.

- 34%

- 70%

That's right! Here, have a cookie.
Latios was pretty obvious, and as a fear Draco Meteor, I somehow bypass my Blissey and hastily send out Heatran. Heatran himself doesn't have anything besides Toxic to damage Latios. I wonder what I drank to make me do that, lol.

Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Latios used Trick.
Latios obtained Leftovers!
Heatran obtained Choice Specs!
The sandstorm rages.
Latios's leftovers restored its health a little!
Latios restored 6% of its health.

- 75%
- 70%

And suddenly I'm so glad that I was dumb that last move. Coice Specs won't hurt Heatran at all. On the contrary, I'll greatly appreciate the boost in power. With Latios, Lucario and Garchomp being his remaining pokemon, Heatran won't do too much, so I decide to sacrifice him, while dealing as much damage as possible. This is where the Specs favor Heatran =)

Latios used Surf.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 71% of its health.
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Latios lost 47% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 4%
- 23%

Wow, I can't belive I survived that! Though I didn't matter too much, it's still nice to show of Heatran's S(p)exy raw power.

Latios used Surf.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 4% of its health.
testmehz's Heatran fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

- 0% - KO
- 23%

Score: 3-3

This battle is turning out to be pretty close. The bane of my team – Lucario – waits in the shadows. My main objective was to get Lucario as far down as I can in hit points, and let LO take it's toll. At my current situation, I'm forced to bring in Garchomp, and I cannot EQ Lucario. I had to pick between Dragon Claw and Outrage, since Fire Blast was too risky, and I wasn't sure it was going to KO Latios.
With dragon Claw, I could KO Latios, switch out of Lucario (while it'll potentially SD up) and risk taking a +2 Extremespeed when I come in to EQ. If it'll KO, it means gg.
With Outrage however, I can KO Latios while putting as much hurt as I can on Lucario, with it hopefully being enough for LO damage to finish the job. Like I said before, hurting Lucario was essential for winning, so after deep thought, I went with Outrage.

testmehz switched in Garchomp.
Garchomp used Outrage.
It's super effective!
Latios lost 23% of its health.
Phyres's Latios fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

- 78%

- 0% - KO

Score: 3-2

Though the score is in my favor, a bit after the attack, I realized that I may have done a fatal mistake: If he decides to risk the 'speed tie' with his Garchomp, I'll have no way of damaging Lucario. With that in mind, I was pleading for a Lucario switch-in. And guess what happened?

Damn, there goes the match.

Or not?

- 78%

- 71%

Yes! Gotcha there, didn't I?
I hope so =p

The battle isn't over yet, though. He has a decent chance of winning by Swords Dancing up, and with +21% of his health left, he has it in the bag.

Garchomp used Outrage.

Suspense...

Lucario lost 57% of its health.
Garchomp lost 73% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 5%

- 4%

Yes! It worked! I guess he didn't SD because he feared a miss afterwards. Maybe he didn't think that a +2 Extremespeed will KO? Who knows, Garchomp may have survived. =O Garchomp is so Uber.
Well, the battle looks over, as I breathe a huge sigh of relief. No point in switching out, as I prepare to say goodbye to Lucario, for good.

Garchomp is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Garchomp lost 5% of its health.
testmehz's Garchomp fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

- 0% - KO

- 44%

Score: 2-2

What? That was weird…
I guess he's saving Lucario for one last blow. Damn, I would've paid bundles to see Lucario finally go down. Oh well.
I start to see why he was willing to potentially KO his own Garchomp in the hands of my Outrage. Maybe he thinks that I suspect a Band? That way, he could KO my Latios when I am sure he could revenge kill, and then KO blissey with Lucario with its final blow. Nice, but its not going to work.

- 86%

- 44%

Remember what I said about Garchomp vs Blissey? "Blissey can survive an Outrage with her current amount of health, and KO it back with Ice Beam. (Hopefully without missing)".
That's what I'm going for now. It's been a great game Phyres, but it all ends now.

Garchomp used Outrage.

Blissey lost 61% of its health.

Go go Bliss…

Blissey used Ice Beam.

Its attack missed!

The sandstorm rages.

- 24%

- 44%

Lol wut? That didn't just happen. Eh, I guess there just isn't a match without hax, Somewhere.
Oh well, gg Phyres. That was a great match.

Garchomp used Outrage.
Blissey lost 23% of its health.
testmehz's Blissey fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

- 0% - KO

- 44%

Score: 1-2

2 turn outrage once more. Figures, Lucario can clean up afterwards.

- 22%

- 44%

Garchomp is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Garchomp lost 5% of its health.
Latios used Surf.
Garchomp lost 40% of its health.
Phyres's Garchomp fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

-16%

- 0% - KO

Score: 1-1

Wow, will I do this?

No I won't… =(

- 16%

- 1%

And Lucario hangs on with a single hit point to wrap this up. I saved this battle, no question about that. Too bad there isn't LO recoil at the final blow =/

Lucario used Extremespeed.
Latios lost 16% of its health.
testmehz's Latios fainted
Phyres wins!

testmehz: gg
Phyres: gg
GG, really. Too bad that miss happened, huh?

Wait….
It didn't happen!
I had to get you now. You fell for it this time. C'mon, fall for it already!
Lol, I'm a terrible liar.

Garchomp used Outrage.
Blissey lost 61% of its health.
Blissey used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Garchomp lost 44% of its health.
Phyres's Garchomp fainted.
The Yache Berry weakened Ice Beam's power!
The sandstorm rages.

- 24%

- 0% - KO

Score: 2-1

Yep, hax free battle. I've waited for a long time to find a battle with no hax. =)
I can't belive that after all that, Garchomp is Yache and not Scarfed. Wow, a mistake like that could've been costly.

206 Atk vs 206 Def & 358 HP (95 Base Power): 136 - 162 (37.99% - 45.25%)
That's a damage calculation for Ice Beam vs. Yache Berry Garchomp (with our given stats). I rolled near max damage. Wow. That decided the match. If Garchomp were to survive, Blissey would go down, as Lucario would've Beaten Latios. Epic match…

Blissey does her job, being an actual Garchomp counter. Wow, isn't that weird.

Well, time to end this. Lucario is left at 1%, and is unable to KO two pokemon. If he didn't have LO, maybe everything was different.

- 24%

- 1%

testmehz: gg
testmehz: close one
That was me trying to steady my breath. Great game, Phyres!

It's super effective!
Blissey lost 23% of its health.
testmehz's Blissey fainted.
Lucario lost 1% of its health.
Phyres's Lucario fainted.
testmehz wins!

- 0% - KO

- 0% - KO

- 22% - Hey, what's up?

Score: 1-0

Phyres: gg
Phyres has left the room.
A 34% (or 22%, thanks to passive damage) Latios is left in the battlefield, as Lucario can't hold itself from collapsing. Latios, as well as myself, thank Nintendo afterwards, for giving Life Orb its recoil. GG.
I hope I find more hax-less and intense battles like this one.

Time for Props & Slops!

Props:

-Blissey, for taking the 'Uber' Garchomp's outrage and KO'ing back, while maintaining enough health to wrap it up in the end. Why is he uber again?
-Blissey once more, for holding Latios at bay, and for stopping Zapdos from stalling my whole team.
-My garchomp, for doing 57% to Lucario with 0 defense drops. Wow!
-Lucario, for being a constant threat and for causing a KO almost every time it was in – by itself, or by weakening pokemon for other pokemon to finish them.
-Myself, for not making any fatal mistakes for once. (I actually did, but they weren't taken advantage of..)
-Phyres, for using a Zapdos in Suspect. Nice pokemon. It really has potential in Suspects.
-Phyres's Skarmory, for not being 2HKO'ed by a max SpA choice Specs Surf from Latios.
-Passive damage, which single handedly brought Latios into KO range from Extremespeed.
-Both sides, for generating an awesome battle!
-0% hax!

Slops:

-My Skarmory, for not doing anything at all.
-His Garchomp, for giving in to Blissey.
-My scizor and his Tyranitar, for not doing too much.
-Phyres, for playing in a rather predictable manner, and allowing me to KO Skarmory that way.
-Swords Dance, for never showing up on both sides.
-Lucario, for being a turn away from winning the match, but fell against the mighty wrath of LO recoil.
-Latios, for losing to cheap rocks in a battle of endurance.
-Myself, for not having a reliable Lucario counter… =(
-Myself, for thinking Garchomp had a Scarf.
-Myself, for being a terrible liar.

And now, to MVP's!

Testmehz:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
Ability: Natural Cure
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Ice Beam
-Stealth Rock

Phyres:

Lucario @ Life Orb

Nature: Adamant
EV's: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Extremespeed

MVI: (Most-Valuable-Item. Original, eh?)

Life Orb:

"Boosts the power of moves by 30%, but at the cost of 10% max HP each time the holder uses an attack. Life Orb does not damage the holder when an attack hits a Substitute. It does not boost the damage for fixed-damage attacks or self-inflicted confusion damage."

Locations: Stark Mountain

Well, I hope you enjoyed this warstory. I have enjoyed every second of the battle, and every second in writing this, and hope you liked it too. This is my first warstory, and I'm expecting more after I find another great battle. If you guys out there find any errors, don't hesitate to post them here with your comments.

Team Phyres:

For a first warstory

That was actually really good. It built up some suspense, and, while that trick-hax ending was a low blow for the audience, (I fell for it. ;_;) it was pretty original. Good show.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This was a great warstory! The battle wasn't exactly the best, but it wasn't bad, and your comments were really good.

And the ending was superb, I really fell for it.

Overall, great job!

Thanks for the comments so far, I really appreciate it!
I'm glad it turned out OK. I spended a lot of time on this thing, and am happy that it didn't go to waste.
And I was sure that nobody will fall for my pranks. wow. lol

Lol, the fake ending was great. I suspected a "fake" before with the Garcgomp switchin (which indeed was), but I never imagined such a final! Good job^^

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Wow dude, just wow. That was your first warstory? It was just awesome, I found your comments very good and I totally fell for that fake ending, great job. Quick question though, do you think Latios and Garchomp are staying Uber?

Wow, I'm getting great comments on this warstory. Happy you liked it.
Wow dude, just wow. That was your first warstory? It was just awesome, I found your comments very good and I totally fell for that fake ending, great job. Quick question though, do you think Latios and Garchomp are staying Uber?
Thanks TFC, and I think that Latios has potential in OU. Unlike Garchomp, Latios has a counter - the bane of all Special sweepers: Blissey. Blissey does fear Trick though, so you have to be cautios. Aside from that, Blissey > Latios. That's what I think. This isn't the right place for this, though.

Edit: Blissey needs to watch out from DD Latios, though, but aside from beating Blissey, DD Latios has little use in OU. SubCMLatios & RefreshCMLatios can eventually beat Blissey too, so I'm actually not sure... Then again, why is Latias OU?

Nice war story. For future reference though, you could use a TBolt on a TTar. Rock/Dark takes it at neutral damage, so there was no issue with that. It would have been an issue if a Garchomp switched into the TBolt though. But overall nice job and great warstory

This was a great warstory; the only bad thing is that now you're going to see every warstory saying "just kidding lolz that didnt happen"

But you did get me, it was funny. I just hope that people don't start writing all their warstories with 'twists'.

Nice war story. For future reference though, you could use a TBolt on a TTar. Rock/Dark takes it at neutral damage, so there was no issue with that. It would have been an issue if a Garchomp switched into the TBolt though. But overall nice job and great warstory
Rock/Dark takes Tbolt at neutral, but the damage output it pathetic (half that of Surf). Surf is capable of 2HKOing standard CBtar, while Thunderbolt has a good chance of missing the 3HKO even with SR down. This would mean that Tyranitar would be able to ream Latios with Pursuit/Crunch, while if he Surfed he would be able to finish Tyranitar before he had the chance.

The fake ending was certainly unusual. To be honest, I didn't like that aspect of it, but a lot of people did, and I guess you can't please everyone :P

I also don't understand why you didn't X-Scissor against Garchomp on that turn when it was locked into Outrage. Great warstory, though.

It was a good warstory, and I'd certainly give it 5 stars if I could! Keep up the good work, and maybe we might end up battling on the ladder sometime as well.

why is it that you roll near maximum damage, the chances of which are comparable to sand veil hax, and you say the match is hax-free? erm, not cool

and by the way, +2 extremespeed does like 68% maxiumum to 4 hp garchomp, so thats why he didnt sd

Really nice job with this warstory! :) One thing though, if you really wanted to surprise us with a trick ending, then you shouldn't have kept on trying to fool us like you did occasionally throughout the match lol.

Impressive Warstory. I was reading eagerly, stupidly forgetting each time about the last time you tricked me, and then bam! This is good stuff.

hoho what a 'pomo' attempt at a warstory. Honestly, i did like all the little jokes and fake outs and actually read "Phyres switched in Kyogre!" twice, thinking, "WHAT, new suspects?"

Haha it was a fun read and a good match. I am a little biased in my opinion that Suspect warstories are more preferable in that, I find them VERY useful in tracking such a versatile and fast-moving metagame. Good use of Garchomp and Latios from both sides.

For some pretty entertaining and informative commentary, as well as the reasons i've already outlined, i'm giving this five stars.

Also, just an idea here, but perhaps, we can have a miniature archive for any Suspect Warstories as they it (to me, at least) is more useful and interesting than simply tracking dry data, statistics and hearsay. Maybe just a list of links to warstories such as this in the stickied Suspect Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)