RBY Style Pokemon Sprites

lol@ Victini and some others. That "thing" looks more close to zen mode than Whirlepede actually looks like, well Whilepede, to me at least.

most of these are butchered and completely misunderstand RBY spriting, good ones skimming quickly: jumpluff, carvahna, elekid is fine, exploud (seems to be the easiest for people to reimagine), regice, salamence, regirock, metagross too maybe, drifloon and drifblim done right for sure, uxie is pretty badass too

but I mean come on just look at rhyperior versus the one that someone did here at smogon, this sprite sheet overall is about a 2/10 overall after the real rby ones

(I would post the superior smogon sprites, but I must have mixed up picture backups at some point since I no longer seem to have it saved :()

Spiritomb, Darkrai, and Whiscash are great, Audino is creepy, Buneary, Solrock, and Ambipom look like ass, Dusknoir is a gangster, and Lopunny is sexy.

hahahahaha what the fuck shroomish

but yeah, kinda agreeing with CK, most of them seem completely butchered on purpose, just trying to make shitty sprites rather than RBY style sprites

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i like how there is a really heavy mix between wow this is really great and wow that looks like literal shit

Mandibuzz, Hydreigon, Crobat, and Exploud are my favorites (although I haven't studied the sheet really that hard)

ones that stand out as absolutely terrible are Budew, Shroomish, and Torchic (good lord it took about 10 seconds of staring before I realized what it was)

I'm also getting a pretty good laugh out of Zorua's face

Litwick line look very nice, Whirlipede is awful to be completely honest, along with others, but if RBGY had these sprites I would be playing it right now. Breloom would be using Submission and Mega Drain...LOL.

EDIT: Volcarona is THE boss, and Froslass looks like Blanche Dubois after a few drinks...

They aren't RBY sprites. They are Green sprites. The thread title is wrong. Just look at the original 151: they are the Green versions, with a couple of odd exceptions (Golbat, Koffing, and Tentacruel that I noticed).

For Green sprites, I think they look about right.

Can someone ask Coyotte for another version of PO using this sprites?, i will play it all day long just to see this things, seriously

I just realized that Koffing in Gen 1 had a skull ABOVE its face. Someone should start a thread about THAT.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Entei, Tyranitar, Sunflora, Noctowl, Gallade, and Volcarona are all pretty well done imo.

Audino, Chinchou, Igglybuff, Emolga, and Solrock look like shit.

Some of them are win and some suck, not gonna lie. But the reason I post was...
Mismagius looks like Carnage from Spider-Man.
Awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)