mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
they rejected you because they already have too many whites in their roster

affirmative action in action

thanks obama

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Look at the positives, if you've ever won a game in your life, at least you won't have to go to PO!

I heard your moderator recommendations are more important than ladder scores anyways. Also you should join lots of social groups and lead at least one.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Listen all first year classes are essentially the same across all communities. In fact a number of high ranking mods are also staff on other forums. Do your first year somewhere decent then try to transfer. Bulbapedia has a good library selection that even most smogon undergrads use. Serebii is mostly a shit-pile but that does mean you can be the creme of the crop. Nuggetbridge is still really small but they are also former smogon profs so you can get the same quality if you look around.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Sorry, Smogon is a research university, so none of our staff is interested in making you better. They are only here to make themselves look better and discover breakthroughs in the field of Competitive Pokemon. Nobody is actually a good teacher. Get better at the game yourself and prove that you can bring something unique to the table and maybe then one of our staff may notice you, much less consider taking you as a research assistant.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Registering for A Fo'Rum isn't as hard as getting into Smogon University they said... Posting a good thread isn't as hard getting an overall B+ they said...

@StevenSnype: You're making him look like he isn't cut out for his Pokemon Master Degree. He's much better than that!!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sppf is kinda like the religious private college of pokemon sites
Considering many religious private colleges hire adjunct professors from larger colleges like Princeton, Rutgers, Seton Hall, etc...

Also make sure wherever you study pokemon you can get Title IV financial aid. Helps to alleviate student loan debt.

Considering many religious private colleges hire adjunct professors from larger colleges like Princeton, Rutgers, Seton Hall, etc...

Also make sure wherever you study pokemon you can get Title IV financial aid. Helps to alleviate student loan debt.
How much does four years at Smogon set you back?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right now tuition is pretty steady at $17,900 per year, but they are expecting a 3.5% increase next semester due to increasing overhead costs. Paying chaos 500k per year takes its toll eventually and our endowment has been weak due to low Alumni contributions lately.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would say good riddance if I were you. When I attended Smogon University they guaranteed I'd be able to find a job in the field of competitive Pokemon. But with the economy the way it is, I don't think such jobs ever existed at all. I'm thinking of filing a lawsuit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)