Serious Relationships and Sex Ed Thread

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I've referred to phantaisia with a he or him in several posts that I'm pretty sure he's read and he's never said anything, so I always assumed he was male. And I'm pretty sure there's been a gay thread at some point (maybe in cong) that he posted in

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
speaking of gays and relationships, i'm watching this and literally can't stop crying omg kill me for being so emotionally sappy. it's so beautiful though wah :(

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
im laughin so hard right now, i love this. im a guy, smogon. never thought id have to come out of a gender closet.

also i bailed out :x i dont know it was so scary and hard to say so i just looked at him. still a fun day, even though im p sure i was a bit quieter than usual, for obvious reasons.

i was all dizzy and disoriented by the time i got to his house, felt really off. maybe today was not the day. there are cooler days to do that in the next week anyway.

i dont know

junior: ;____;

edit: if im makin such a fuss about somethin i know ill get a "yes" for, i cant even imagine how tough it must be for someone that doesnt know.

also thanks for the kind words~

edit2: IMing with him and all i can think of sayin is "i love you" and like just get over it but thats so lame and borin and unemotional. startin to sound like a teenage girl i can see why you guys would be confused

Might as well post here, considering I need help that my dumbass friends can't give.

I'm currently a junior in high school, but I've never had a real girlfriend. I've kissed one girl, but that was a while ago and it meant nothing. My main problem is that I can't get a girlfriend, no matter how hard I try. The only girls that have liked me in the past year have been pretty attractive generally, but they've also been 2 bipolar bitches that didn't care about anything but there own problems, and would have moodswings because their parents yelled at them or something. The few girls I do like are always really nice, but I generally get friendzoned and despite my shameless efforts to flirt, they never respond to me. I just want to know how to... fix this. Tips from more experienced people?

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Might as well post here, considering I need help that my dumbass friends can't give.

I'm currently a junior in high school, but I've never had a real girlfriend. I've kissed one girl, but that was a while ago and it meant nothing. My main problem is that I can't get a girlfriend, no matter how hard I try. The only girls that have liked me in the past year have been pretty attractive generally, but they've also been 2 bipolar bitches that didn't care about anything but there own problems, and would have moodswings because their parents yelled at them or something. The few girls I do like are always really nice, but I generally get friendzoned and despite my shameless efforts to flirt, they never respond to me. I just want to know how to... fix this. Tips from more experienced people?
Here's something maybe I can help with.

I come from a similar background to you, from what I can tell. At your age (a year ago) I had similar concerns. My friends told me I could get girls, but the ones I could "get" were attractive but shallow.

This year, I have what i would consider the best possible relationship for someone my age. It started with someone I had known for all 4 years of high school, but had never even considered until a few weeks before we started dating. The thing was, I never found a true relationship like this (someone who literally fits everything I would want in a girl) until I basically stopped looking. I had spent all of high school flirting, trying to find someone perfect, but it didn't really work. At all. Now, fast forward to now, I was essentially acquiesced to the notion that I wasn't going to find someone, and so I just stopped looking. For some reason, when I stopped looking, things just fell into place and I've never been happier.

To put it into a corny, memorable phrase: You can't find love. It has to find you.

I'd like to pop in to advise the confused young and not so wise daters to purchase/rent the book "The Art of Seduction" by Robert Green before seriously engaging in any relationship. If I had came across this knowledge earlier in my teenage years I could have saved myself a lot of agony. If you cannot rent/buy the book it is avalible on youtube for the most part "The art of seduction audio book playlist" something of the sort. I wouldn't bother posting this if it were petty. There is real power to this book if you are capable of utilizing it.

typon it's not like you need a girlfriend; actively looking to try and get a girlfriend doesn't really ever lead to good relationships, it leads to hookups.

i'd recommend just being happy w/o a girlfriend since that gets you girlfriends actually!

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
typon it's not like you need a girlfriend; actively looking to try and get a girlfriend doesn't really ever lead to good relationships, it leads to hookups.
this is the least true statement i've heard this week, and i argued with a white supremacist on reddit the other day. don't be desperate but that doesn't mean don't be proactive.

Typon, ignore books on seduction and/or abusing the insecurities of women for relationship advice, especially ones that refer to them as "victims" (I'm looking at you, Logan). Also, don't refer to friendzoning, it's really entitled and kind of stupid, you're not owed a date just because you're nice or like a person. Just take it easy and let things develop naturally! At the moment, you sound kind of desperate. You don't "need" a girlfriend as some sort of trophy... which is what it sounds like at the moment, since you're leading with "I'm X old but never had a girlfriend, I need help!".

The word victim doesn't have to necessarily apply. In your younger teenage years it certainly can and should as most of our youth can't handle love and a real relationship. They're going to be savages regardless. None of our women are virgins at marriage lol.

But the power can also be used to make the one you want to love be deeply in love with you as well. If you can't think psychologically about what will lead someone to being attracted to you, it's a fundamental flaw no matter how you would use it. I have used the power for the wrong reasons and after I'd had my fun and realized the importance (to myself, anyways) of having a special someone to call my own, I used it to seduce the woman I hope to mother my children later in life.

You should have a deep understanding of what your "victim" thinks of you, and what they themselves seek if you wish to become the object of their desire.

cim

fuck pickup artists and fuck your misogynistic bullshit. relationships are not a tabletop RPG, have some fucking humanity and treat women like people

I love women. Since I has 14 and began dating I have been in a relationship for nearly 5 of the nearly 6 years 2 1 years, a 2 year ending at 18, and now my current. Along with a few 3 monthers =/. After getting out of a 2 year relationship with a girl who broke my heart and reading the art of seduction I did spend less than a year seducing many different girls, nearly falling for one of them. I have been in a relationship with a woman I deeply love spending all of my freetime with her for a year this Saturday. Don't be so quick to judge.

Young teenagers should certainly read this book. The sooner they achieve the power that society would impose they explore, the sooner they can get over it and realize what is important. Or not, whatever. Today's youth is disgusting.

i'd recommend just being happy w/o a girlfriend since that gets you girlfriends actually!
To put it into a corny, memorable phrase: You can't find love. It has to find you.
this is the least true statement i've heard this week, and i argued with a white supremacist on reddit the other day. don't be desperate but that doesn't mean don't be proactive.
I've wondered about the same issue. I understand the appeal of being the best "you" you can be and letting women/men naturally come to you because of your amazing personality and talents (almost popped a snot bubble writing that), but cim's statement about proactivity seems obviously true -- if you look for a relationship, why won't you find one? Especially for guys, who pretty much have to be the pursuers in modern society.

Fourth opinion please. Who is right?

There's no rush. Good things come to those who wait. But if you are able to identify a girl who meets your needs, shares your interests and you are attracted to you should thoroughly engage her. But not aimlessly at any girl simply to have a girlfriend. Always keep your eye open.

The last sentence of cim's reply that is the most important IMO. Don't be desperate, be yourself (unless yourself is a huge asshole, in which case don't inflict yourself on other people), but don't just sit on your arse and always expect the other person to make the first move. Gauging interest is important.

Ultimately, if you've got to change yourself wildly to appeal to other people, then chances are you haven't got something that'll work out well in the long run.

Edit: Actually, the most important thing to note is that none of this advice is appropriate for everyone. Everyone's different, shockingly enough.

cim

i'm just saying you can actively look for a relationship without being creepy or coming on too strong. just be yourself, and maybe push yourself to be more extroverted in general and reach out to people more. men and women. and if you hit it off with the women, more power to you

okcupid is highly underrated depending on your region too, and that counts as "actively looking"

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Okay, let an old man with tons of experience chime in here:

Your post reeks of desperation, as if you are pissed that you don't have a girlfriend. Man, life is so much more than getting a woman, and trust me, I have been exactly where you are right now. I was lonely and emotional in high school, and I was the guy who walked around saying "I'm such a nice guy, why don't all these girls fall for me???"

You know why? Because women can see RIGHT through the bullshit. If you're actively trying to pick them up, chances are pretty good it's going to have the opposite of the desired effect. If there is one piece of advice I can give you, and everyone else in this thread - and this goes for all areas of life, not just romance - it is this: the harder you search for things, the harder it is to find them.

Talk to girls. Be a friend to them, and don't even think about the term "friend zone" or if you're in it or not. Flirt if you want, and read their body language and verbal responses and figure out if they're interested. If you think they are, muster up some courage and ask them out on a date. If they say yes, great, take it slow and don't try too hard. If they say no, no big deal, just tell them no problem and continue to be their friend. A "no" today is not a "no" forever.

Alice

The worst taste in music
You can't find love. It has to find you.

that's bs

you may find it, it may find you, or neither one...

it's all due to randomness at some point, but you can stop searching/caring and it may never "find" you as well

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
yeah just saying we are not like foreign beings, we are humans too

if you treat us like walking pieces of ass chances are we wont be into you

if you treat us like actual fucking human beings like we are, you might get somewhere

but dont try to get somewhere, just make friends and if it happens it happens, dont actively seek anything imo

Learn how to treat women better, if your belief in the "friendzone" & lack of empathy for "2 bipolar bitches" is any inclination.

I was having this conversation with another smogoner around your age (our age?) - skipping over the friendzone stuff because I already stated my opinion on that.
I'm going to bold this, for all high school and college boys that seem to think this.

YOU DON'T NEED A GIRLFRIEND.

There, I said it. There is no law that states you need a girlfriend RIGHT THIS SECOND. So you've never had a girlfriend. And? Have you been struck by the plague? Looking for a girlfriend for the sake of having a girlfriend will make you miserable in the long run, either because you don't find one, or you find one but it turns out having a girlfriend isn't all its cracked up to be, and you're stuck with a girl you're not even particularly fond of because you wanted the title of girlfriend.
You're young. Enjoy life. You don't need a girlfriend for emotional satisfaction. If something happens, it does. If you find a girl that catches your eye, go for her. If you want to get into the flirting/dating scene, go for it (although please stay away from that seduction bullshit, it won't get you anywhere you want to be). But to pursue the concept of a girlfriend with no actual person you wish to achieve that status with? Don't. You're better off without one, than in something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)