Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

That's not true, the posts between the two of you never show you asking OD if you should hide it. You said that you could, then saw his post about asking for counterclaims and left it up. Wouldn't it have been better to just hide your role?
Yes it is...

You realize that the two of us are the only ones to have seen it, right? Our activity at the moment being the only activity and no rules that I can remember against editing... (That was why I claimed).

EDIT: oh, just saw your request for counter-claims.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Roleblocker is typically scummy, but then again, concentration of power roles in this game is pretty...eh. I won't make a judgement on that alone.

Whoever still thinks that the n2 kill on TL isn't vig, please step out so I can call you an idiot. Flavor was vig, and besides, does anyone remember...
If there's a vig in town, get rid of TL/Metal Bagon/Maxim sometime soon please.
AG's claim pisses me off but there's nothing to be done about it right now.

I never said when I die I go wolf
Does anyone else find that remotely funny? I think MB is getting caught up in his own tongue/lies.

Does anyone else find that remotely funny? I think MB is getting caught up in his own tongue/lies.
To be fair to him, what he said was that he's been successfully treated by the doctor, but others haven't been so lucky, which to me suggests that he is dafe but there is similar person who hasn't been treated and is therefore wolf or schizophreniac or something.

probably, there's nothing in his claim as it stands now to justify flamestrike and ditto immediately saying he'll become wolf when doc dies.

Actually, there's enough pressure on MB right now, so remove lynch, lynch hydrattler to get him to talk.

Man this day is getting complicated.

First, If we assume AG and MB are both telling the truth (I don't...), there is still the possibility of a Mafia Roleblocker (seeing as there are tons of roles in the village) and mafia had a large incentive to hook MB as he tried to claim a power role early in the game.

AG You still haven't answered my question as to why you claimed as early as you did, other than saying you were half asleep and thought the argument had gone on long enough... which I would like to reiterate was 1 lynch vote on you in one post (i don't count the filler posts of TL and yourself) after you're plan of entrapment...

Metal Bagon is probably noob scum that was given his fakeclaim by a more experienced/well thought out mafian. His lack of clarity in role and lack of forethought in his reply (the voices will always be wrong, but when he asked the voices if doc knew him they said "no") make me feel very shaky. And yes, I remember something more in the second bullet point that said when the doctor died something would happen. Although, his role is so bizarre and risky for mafia to have him fake claim, as I'm sure mafia is hunting down our BG right now. Probably why he edited it out.

Hydrattler still hasn't said anything other than "I'm here", and this double claiming is screwing with my head right now. Please, no one else claim unless it's deemed necessary. I'm still trying to wrap my head around who's telling the truth X_X

Willing to answer any questions to help out town

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
probably, there's nothing in his claim as it stands now to justify flamestrike and ditto immediately saying he'll become wolf when doc dies.
Actually it is a role that is eerily similar to the Wolf role in Mafia Mafia 2, which Flamestrike and I were both in. At least I think he was in it. Walrein was also in this game and could have easily liked the concept and taken it. Anyways, it is incredibly likely that if he is telling the truth and the doc dies, he becomes wolf.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I move to lynch a lurker today. Firstly, lynching MB wouldn't actually make sense since he's of no threat to us right now, is probably going to get offed by the Mafia, and he's always available for lynching.
Lurkers are getting a free pass in this game, and some of them look pretty scummy. Paperblade, flamestrike, EP, auramaster, pokemaniac, hydrattler etc. If we lynch one tonight, we may be able to send a message out to get the others to start posting.

In this spirit, lynch Hydrattler

My thoughts on possible scum (in no real order) since someone asked:

AG: I've never thought Hooker was a particularly useful role for town--if you think someone is mafia, why don't you kill/inspect them (esp. since we have vanillas, so the town is lower power than we're used to)? His sudden claim seems odd, and he's been acting weird as well (and yes, I am aware I said I thought he was town earlier. That was then, this is now, opinions change)

Metal Bagon: Seemed overly eager to claim (which might just be because newb, but in addition to the rest...), and he seems to be contradicting himself left and right here. I believe I still have a vote on him, although I think it's less likely that he and AG are both scum simply because of how back and forth they've been

Maxim: Least number of posts, and his posts are much less memorable/useful than FS, who he is tied with.

wrt the Mithril thing: Nothing he has posted has seem particularly empty to me, and as he said, he usually had explained the reasons for his lynch votes. Buddying at this point would be a bad idea for the mafia as without our inspector, the town has lost their clock that encourages the mafia to end the game sooner rather than later, and thus they should be distancing themselves to blend in. Buddying in such an obvious way would be a supremely stupid move on my part, as you can see from the number of people who have jumped on it.

Edit: And yes, the Lunatic/Doctor thing does sound like that Patient/Pharmacist from MM2

Apparently I'm still being considered a lurker. Sorry for not posting enough (and thanks for conveniently ignoring that nice large analysis of every player in the game).

The fact that MB claims to have been hooked both nights while our supposed roleblocker claims to have not targeted him at all almost guaranteedly damns one or the other as mafia. Either MB is mafia using being hooked as an excuse for not having results or AG is lying about not having hooked him. Leaning hard towards it being MB that's lying right now, especially after taking so long to simply say he was hooked. Always possible that AG is mafia hooker and has been hitting MB due to him claiming a power role to some extent.

I'm still not really satisfied with Engineer, but at least he posted. Hydrattler has had 24-48 hours now to post something other than "I'm here" and has failed to do so. At this point, either he's mafia, he's retarded, or he simply doesn't give a fuck about this game at all (which makes one wonder why he subbed in). Removing my previous vote and lynching Hydrattler. Maybe some extra pressure will get him to vote.

As far as the other lurkers (myself included), most have been posting at least some. I'm most suspicious of Engineer and Mithril, the former because he rarely posts at all and when he does it's basically the bare minimum, and Mithril because he basically only posts when someone calls him out for it. pokemaniac would definitely be next. Paperblade is interesting; he's probably posted the most out of the lurkers, but none of his posts seem to be very big, usually just one or two-liners asking a question or posting a lynch vote. The others (Ditto, auramaster, and nEsp) seem to all have a similar style of not posting very often but posting quite a bit when they do. Also I just saw Paper's post; am I really tied with Maxim for least posts? I thought I posted more than that :/

One last thing (unless someone else has something to ask of me), @Ditto I wasn't in Mafia Mafia 2, as much as I wanted to be :(

At the time of my post you and Maxim both had 7, the only players with less are dead or subbed in/out (tas/hydrattler).

Also, it is possible that AG and MB are both telling the truth (I doubt both are since MB is... kind of... yeah...), and that there is a mafia hooker and a village hooker.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Mithril/Engineer/pokemaniac/auramaster/flamestrike are good vig targets if they insist on not posting.

Ditto is a good alliance check if we still have one.

Paperblade. RB is a powerful role in late-game, when you're more likely to rand to mafia. Also, where have AG and metal bagon been back and forth? I must have missed that, elaborate please.

Do you have any noob town reads?

Mithril/Engineer/pokemaniac/auramaster/flamestrike
I just posted a little over an hour ago, what more do you want -_- I'd have the vig on one of the first three, aura hasn't been posting much (ignore the pot calling the kettle black here) but when he has posted it has been fairly constructive, especially compared to Engineer and to a lesser extent pokemaniac. And I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Mithril post without being called out directly by someone, which is pretty suspicious.

OD. In case you haven't noticed, I tend to post things at night while checking during the day on my phone. If you can't deal with it that's your problem. Admittedly I haven't posted a huge amount, but I have said something pretty much daily while keeping up with the thread. That being said, I believe auramaster asked who I thought the top 3 mafia suspects are, so I will answer.

1. Metal Bagon - I still feel that it is highly likely that he is mafia. Everything that he has done this game has been suspect, starting from the random bandwagon. He then threatens claiming a power role to get people off him. Now he's claimed something that isn't really a power role, and his story doesn't even add up about being hooked. He claims to have been hooked Nights 1 and 2, as shown here.
Also, the hooker has been on me the last two nights so could I please ask that person to get off me so I can ask my questions.
Yet he then says that he got a result from Night 1, as shown here:
EDIT: The PL has been on me the last two nights however my N1 question was "Does <the doctor (snipping name)> know my role?"
The answer was no.
Finally, his large post screams nothing other than him doing his very best to get people's attention onto anybody but him, as his post makes very little sense.

2. Maxim / Hydrattler -I found him suspicious from the start as he didn't really post, and when he did, he didn't say anything useful. He also randomly jumped on a vote of me with no reasoning, not changing it when at that point I feel there was no reason to continue to suspect me. After that he didn't really say anything until he was subbed. Now Hydrattler subs in and has literally said nothing other than "I'm reading" in almost two days. Subbing in sucks, but there is no way it should take that long to generate some thoughts. I think he is stalling.

3. My third suspicion is much less concrete, but it has to go towards Aura Guardian. Early on he was very active, stirring discussion and the likes, but he suddenly dropped in activity. I understand real life stuff comes up, but that is a drastic change in activity. I am also starting to believe that either him or OD has to be mafia, although that is more of a gut feeling. The other reason for this suspicion is that his story and Metal Bagon's are basically entirely in contrast, and I feel that one of them being village makes the other mafia. It thus seems logical that he needs to be on this list.

Other people I am currently wary about are auramaster and Engineer Pikachu, although these are very circumstantial and due more towards how often they post and how useful I have found those posts.

The last thing I want to say is that yeah, I normally post after someone mentions me. If I post late night most days, and at this point I seem to have been mentioned nearly every day...how exactly am I supposed to post and not do so after being mentioned / called out. I'll do my best to get to a computer earlier in the day, but class takes priority. Just food for thought.

Has Hydrattler even posted a post other then this usless one since subbing in? If he hasn't then seems strangely like Maxim's shifty behaviour so unless I am wrong a lot of signs point towards Hydrattler.

Lynch Hydrattler

EDIT: Orcunis Duo pisses me off so much.

The last thing I want to say is that yeah, I normally post after someone mentions me. If I post late night most days, and at this point I seem to have been mentioned nearly every day...how exactly am I supposed to post and not do so after being mentioned / called out. I'll do my best to get to a computer earlier in the day, but class takes priority. Just food for thought.
I'm okay with this.

Dude Metal Bagon how in gods name can you post without even mentioning any of the things that have been discussed about you..............

Vote tally:
Metal Bagon: Ditto, Paperblade, khz, Mithril (4)
Aura Guardian: New World Order (1)
Hydrattler: pokemaniac 212, Orcinus Duo, Flamestrike, Metal Bagon, auramaster (5)
khz: Engineer Pikachu (1)

Majority is 9 due to NWO's Mayor if I'm not mistaken. Lynch Hydrattler because he's not talking, but don't hit majority yet, no reason to cut the village's discussion time short.

Psuedo-related note, OD, don't forget to unbold your previous votes, it makes it more difficult and more time-consuming to count the votes :( I'm sure Walrein would appreciate it.

Metal Bagon if you do not want to be lynched you should respond to what other people are saying, this includes Aura's request for your Hooked flavor, multiple people accusing you of being Mafia, and multiple people wondering how you could be Hooked N1 and N2, yet have a result from N1. Also while you're reading this, what 3 players do you think are the most likely to be Mafia?

I'm conflicted between lynching Hydrattler or Metal Bagon. It makes sense that we'd want to send a message out to inactives that doing so is wrong, but also Metal Bagon has refused to respond to any of the things people have said about him (he edited his post after OD posted, which is AFTER I had pointed out that I was amazed he hasn't responded... and is currently not on the "active users viewing this thread"). Yes, people have other things to do, but if he can make a sheepish response to OD's frustration he could have answered even ONE of the questions posed to him.

Blah lynch target toss up. Either way, they both seem pretty scummy to me and the vig might want to take their names down for consideration.

EDIT: by "doing so is WRONG" i mean to say not benefiting town, not that it is a moral decision or anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)