Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tauros
Bouffalant is honestly a pathetic attempt to copy the herd Ash has with him(Where the hell does he keep that herd...)

To be honest, I am really disconnected from both Pokemon. I have never encountered them before in-game (only time being against Gen 5 champion, Alder or some guy idunno, he's forgettable). Anyways I want to ignore the fact that Bouffalant is an obvious ripoff of Tauros because there is no need for that fact to take anything away from which Pokemon you prefer. So really, the only thing I can base my vote on is the designs of these pokemon.

vote tauros yo

yeah yeah bouff might have a wicked affro, but I prefer Tauros for its simplicity.

Don't get me wrong, I actually think Bouffalant is pretty cool. The pimped out Afro-bull is hilarious and actually works as a design.

But Tauros is just so damn sleek and cool by comparison. Its design is just much... smoother. Also, gotta hand it to the bull for being the king a generation, even if it's about as competitively useful now as Birabel.

Tauros

Tauros! The original and the best. For a while there he had all of Generation I wetting its pants. I doubt Boufallant could manage more than wetting his own.

Tauros

Boufallant disappointed when it turned out not to be Minotauros, an evolution of Tauros. Now it's just an awkward copy. Plus nostalgia and such

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tauros

Team GENWUNNERS UNITE

Anyway...I really like Tauros' design and it's been many many years since he's been OU... I think he deserves to win something.

Yes, there is nostalgia, Kanto, it's all good etc.
Yes, RBY OU for Tauros.
Yes, I am a tiny bit of a Genwunner/gentwoer/whatever.
Yes, the latter is a 90% copy of the former.
However... my nigga... Boufallant has a MF AFRO! An. Afro. Afro! Seventies! Disco! AFRO POWER!
Plus he looks a little more anatomically correct and reminds me of rodeos and such.
My past self, I know I have failed you this time. I feel embarassed and profoundly ashamed of myself, having sold my soul for a meager, lowly hairstyle... My sincerest and deepest apologies. You know I love you.
Tauros is gonna win this one anyway.

EDIT: Can somebody edit the OP pls? :3

Tauros, mainly because of not only how amazing it is in gen one, but it's not ugly when you look at it sans hair.

Though having a Zed Head is pretty sweet.

original artwork? don't you mean...

also when i saw 'fo sho' i thought you were speaking german for some reason
Yes! That's exactly what I meant but since I couldn't find it/wasn't going to devote more than a minute looking, I just threw any pic up. Thanks for that, I love that artwork! (all of the old artwork actually because it looks like it was done with colored pencils).

Anyway, I think I'm going with Bouffalant this round.

If they would have been introduced at the same time, probably Bouffalant. If Bouffalant would have been an evolution of Tauros (although I strongly believe that based on the design, both he and Miltank should get a shared pre-evolution, and neither should ever get an evolution), Bouffalant. However, calling people a nostalgiafag on this one (which I am a little, when it comes to similar ideas) does not hold given that Bouffalant was a lazy adaptation of Tauros' already pretty complete design.

Tauros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)