SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I like iron treads donohan
It also has a palkia Color schemeView attachment 463770
You can see both Paradox Ttar and Hydreigon in this image and I have to say seeing thta Paradox Ttar's front glows too makes it much cooler in my eyes. On the other hand Hydreigon still looks very much like its original guess we have to wait for more shots of it.

View attachment 463776
Posted the link to 4chan... and there are already people who do not want to watch the fun :(

Edit: I mean, he's true, but it's kinda fun to see a game before it gets released lol
I mean he's not wrong. I'd much rather someone just release the datamine on how exactly the abilities work and movesets but here we are with power tripping dataminers and people streaming the game.

View attachment 463781
Maschiff (dark dog)

Also the streamer just threw Quaxly's ball onto a cliff to fight a Scatterbug and got teleported on top of the cliff with it unlike what would happen in Legends Arceus.
hmm, there's an indicator for Terastallization between the big window and the player-chosen markings, and if you look there's a very faint circle to the left of it.
The Terastallization icon feels redundant since we have two things for Tera Type - one above and the other to the left of the icon - so I wonder what either of these is for.

You nailed the breakdown of Protosynthesis. I think Orialchum was chosen specifically because of its tie-ins with mythology and the fact that it as a word just sounds ancient and metal as fuck.

So we have two separate...phenomena(?) poorly understood by humanity – prehistoric myth/ancient civilizations and particle physics – as the forces underlying separate groups of mons who apparently never existed and should never exist. I think it's notable that these are both things about which humanity has continuously been wrong and our understanding of increases as time passes. (And indeed, this usage of "pulse" suggests something magical or at the very least primal is going on – kind of like what humans used to think about science.)

I also want to point out that Khu's bit about "gritty realism" when he first hinted at the identity of the paradoxes seems tied to their book entries (e.g. Jurassic Donphan killing an explorer.) The term he used was "urban legends" which seems to hold weight: the Violet and Scarlet Books present them as cryptids steeped in dinosaurian and cyborg tropes of the past and future respectively. It's why the names are so weird.

The Loch Ness Monster or Big Foot or Jersey Devil wouldn't actually have those names if they did actually exist and could actually be studied. Those are just the names that have been assigned to them in the popular imagination until/if we ever know their exact nature. Likewise Roaring Moon and Iron Treads are just the names the colonizers assigned to them.
Your final point about the paradox nomenclature is a great connection to “real life” cryptids.

This connection to cryptids had me thinking (and this may seem silly), but how do we know the book came first? Most cryptids are people misidentifying an animal, or seeing an obscured creature which our imagination fills the blanks on. What if the early explorers of Paldea simply had a violent encounter with a regular Donphan, and described it very…fancifully. Or filled their book with folk stories along with their observations. The 3rd legendary encounters this book somehow and *waves hand* can materialize things from its imagination/dream world. Why would some supreme being be dreaming of Donphan otherwise? (No offence I love Donphan)

Dang I’m really curious to find out the lore behind these paradoxes, lots of potential. Probably the most interesting super form they’ve done so far.

**I’m avoiding lore or story spoilers so if any of this is wildly incorrect or already explained idc!!**

View attachment 463774
Here's Quaquaval.

View attachment 463775
Also the streamer chose Quaxly.
Interesting "carnaval" theme (thought it was marinera first...) I think this might be my fav of the three.

So my thoughts of the starters began as:
Quaxly>>>>>>>Sprigatito>Fuecoco
And now are
Quaquaval>Meowscarada>Skeleridge
Still same order lol, but I appreciate the later two better bc now I get what the theme is.

Ok that was actually a genuinely cool cutscene
A Houndoom shows up, you send your Pokemon out and you select a move but then the Houndoom uses Roar and forces your mon back in. The Koraidon / Miraidon then steps in to help you. I guess in cutscenes Roar has +1 priority

>Single use tms
Nemona, why'd you have to confirm that!?
That was already confirmed when they showed off the TM Crafting Station every Pokecenter will have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)