SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

So Tinkaton looks DOA in singles, but I think it'll have a niche in doubles/VGC. Gigaton Hammer hits pretty hard:
252 Atk Mold Breaker Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mew: 181-214 (44.9 - 53.1%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mew: 175-208 (43.4 - 51.6%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO

Plus it gets Fake Out. AV sets with Fake Out/Knock Off/Gigaton Hammer/U-Turn could be nasty, a bulky mon with a cracked defensive typing that's both disruptive with Fake Out/Knock Off and can threaten lots of damage with Gigaton Hammer. You can also do some self-activate WP stuff with Brutal Swing, considering it's pretty weak off of base 75 Atk. It'll probably fall off when HOME compatibility comes out, but I can see this thing making a name for itself in early VGC formats. We still need to see the TM/Egg movepool, but it wouldn't surprise me if Tinkaton got screens.

Had a bad feeling about the potential of hammer fairy when the signature move dropped yesterday. At first I was excited... then I thought about the typing + their regret with Fishous Rend and I was like, "this is going to be a less offensive version of Dracovish on SwSh release, isn't it?"

I think there's some hope for a held item given how low the attack stat is (anticipated more in the 85-100 range), but that base speed to go along with fairy/steel isn't too promising. It will probably see some use with a setup move/protect/Gigaton, I'd guess.

The moves pastebin has some information on evolutions, so I thought I'd extract it.

Notably, the Hisuian Pokémon share evolution method:

Code:
Scyther => Kleavor (UNKNOWN_61 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (was item-based)
Qwilfish-1 => Overqwil (UNKNOWN_61 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (was move-based)
Ursaring => Ursaluna (UNKNOWN_61 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (was item-based)
Stantler => Wyrdeer (UNKNOWN_61 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (was move-based)
This is different than the other Hisuian Pokémon, which keep their evolution method:

Code:
Growlithe-1 => Arcanine (ITEM [3, 0, 0, 0]) (Fire Stone)
Sneasel-1 => Sneasler (SOUBI_NOON [49, 0, 0, 0]) (Razor Claw/night)
Voltorb-1 => Electrode (ITEM [6, 0, 0, 0]) (Leaf stone)
The following cannot be evolved into their Hisuian forms: Dartrix, Quilava, Dewott, Petilil, Rufflet, Goomy, Bergmite. So they might be transfer only. Interestingly, Goomy has two evolution methods: Level Up and UNKNOWN_61 (shared by the Hisuian mons). However the second evolution method produces Sliggoo instead of Hisuian Sliggoo. This might be an error.

New evolution methods:

Code:
Rellor => Rabsca (UNKNOWN_50 [1000, 0, 0, 0])
Pawmo => Pawmot (UNKNOWN_50 [1000, 0, 0, 0])
Bramblin => Brambleghast (UNKNOWN_50 [1000, 0, 0, 0])

Finizen => Palafin (UNKNOWN_51 [0, 0, 0, 0])
Tandemaus => Maushold (UNKNOWN_52 [0, 0, 0, 0])
Tandemaus => Maushold-1 (UNKNOWN_53 [0, 0, 0, 0])

Gimmighoul => Gholdengo (UNKNOWN_54 [999, 0, 0, 0]) (999 coins)
Gimmighoul-1 => Gholdengo (UNKNOWN_54 [999, 0, 0, 0])

Bisharp => Kingambit (UNKNOWN_55 [3, 0, 0, 0])

Primeape => Annihilape (UNKNOWN_56 [20, 0, 0, 0])

Dunsparce => Dudunsparce (UNKNOWN_57 [887, 0, 0, 0])
Dunsparce => Dudunsparce-1 (UNKNOWN_58 [887, 0, 0, 0])
Also White-Striped Basculin has two evolutions methods (potentially gender-related), but it is set to evolve into an egg instead of Basculegion. Again, possibly an error that will be fixed when HOME integration is ready.

Last edited:
The moves pastebin has some information on evolutions, so I thought I'd extract it.

Notably, the Hisuian Pokémon share evolution method:

Code:
Scyther => Kleavor (UNKNOWN_61 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (was item-based)
Qwilfish-1 => Overqwil (UNKNOWN_61 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (was move-based)
Ursaring => Ursaluna (UNKNOWN_61 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (was item-based)
Stantler => Wyrdeer (UNKNOWN_61 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (was move-based)
I don't understand, so can Ursaring, Scyther and Stantler evolve into SV? Or will they do it after Home is released?

Do we know yet whether abilities that confer immunity to Intimidate do so for the four beasts aswell? I'd assume not, outside of Clear Body and variants.

Chien-Pao seems like it will perform pretty well in pre-Home ubers. Speed ties with the box legends and has priority that hits both supereffectively (as well as Sucker Punch to annoy Calyrex later on), alongside a setup move to exploit forcing the opponent out. Hard to imagine it won't see play, even if the 135 speed tier is looking very crowded.

And here's the list of evolution methods for the new Pokémon:

Code:
Sprigatito => Floragato (LEVELUP 16)
Floragato => Meowscarada (LEVELUP 36)
Fuecoco => Crocalor (LEVELUP 16)
Crocalor => Skeledirge (LEVELUP 36)
Quaxly => Quaxwell (LEVELUP 16)
Quaxwell => Quaquaval (LEVELUP 36)
Lechonk => Oinkologne (MALE 18 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (male + Level 18)
Lechonk => Oinkologne-1 (FEMALE 18 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (female + Level 18)
Tarountula => Spidops (LEVELUP 15)
Nymble => Lokix (LEVELUP 24)
Rellor => Rabsca (UNKNOWN_50 0 [1000, 0, 0, 0]) (???)
Greavard => Houndstone (NIGHT 30 [0, 0, 0, 0])  (night at Level 30)
Flittle => Espathra (LEVELUP 35)
Wiglett => Wugtrio (LEVELUP 26)
Finizen => Palafin (UNKNOWN_51 38 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (???)
Smoliv => Dolliv (LEVELUP 25)
Dolliv => Arboliva (LEVELUP 35)
Capsakid => Scovillain (ITEM 30 [3, 0, 0, 0]) (Fire Stone + Level 30)
Tadbulb => Bellibolt (ITEM 0 [4, 0, 0, 0]) (Thunderstone)
Varoom => Revavroom (LEVELUP 40)
Tandemaus => Maushold (UNKNOWN_52 25 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (???)
Tandemaus => Maushold-1 (UNKNOWN_53 25 [0, 0, 0, 0]) (???)
Cetoddle => Cetitan (ITEM 0 [52, 0, 0, 0]) (Ice Stone)
Frigibax => Arctibax (LEVELUP 35)
Arctibax => Baxcalibur (LEVELUP 54)
Pawmi => Pawmo (LEVELUP 18)
Pawmo => Pawmot (UNKNOWN_50 0 [1000, 0, 0, 0]) (???)
Wattrel => Kilowattrel (LEVELUP 25)
Nacli => Naclstack (LEVELUP 24)
Naclstack => Garganacl (LEVELUP 38)
Glimmet => Glimmora (LEVELUP 35)
Shroodle => Grafaiai (LEVELUP 28)
Fidough => Dachsbun (LEVELUP 26)
Maschiff => Mabosstiff (LEVELUP 30)
Bramblin => Brambleghast (UNKNOWN_50 0 [1000, 0, 0, 0]) (???)
Gimmighoul => Gholdengo (UNKNOWN_54 0 [999, 0, 0, 0]) (999 coins)
Gimmighoul-1 => Gholdengo (UNKNOWN_54 0 [999, 0, 0, 0]) (999 coins)
Tinkatink => Tinkatuff (LEVELUP 24)
Tinkatuff => Tinkaton (LEVELUP 38)
Charcadet => Armarouge (ITEM 0 [85, 0, 0, 0]) (new item)
Charcadet => Ceruledge (ITEM 0 [86, 0, 0, 0]) (new item)
Toedscool => Toedscruel (LEVELUP 30)
Notably, most are level-up, there's a few stone evolutions, and new methods that we don't know yet.

Edit:

Other changes to evolution methods:

Crabrawler now evolves via Ice Stone.

Kubfu evolves via item (instead of location).

Magneton/Eevee no longer evolves via location, only stone.

Trade evolutions were not changed. Needed for Gengar, Scizor, and Slowking.

Last edited:
I suspect that evolution method is the equivalent of Essentials's NONE evo method. It exists to connect the species backwards for breeding, but is not actually possible for evolution.
Phione and Manaphy are a thing.

And, ffs, this means I cannot breed an Overqwil. How about Basculegion?

(Seriously tho, Hissuian Qwilfish and Sneasel were bad ideas, because the regular versions were ALREADY NATIVE TO SINNOH, and a split evo Sneasler and regular evo Overqwil would had worked just fine; same with Hissuian Typhlosion, should had been Delphox, as Quilava has always produced regular Typhlosion when evolved even in the damn Spear Pillar)

I don't understand, so can Ursaring, Scyther and Stantler evolve into SV? Or will they do it after Home is released?
We don't know. They share evolution method, but we cannot tell what the method is. However, see the discussion below:

I suspect that evolution method is the equivalent of Essentials's NONE evo method. It exists to connect the species backwards for breeding, but is not actually possible for evolution.
That would make sense. I think it's also there for the purpose of Eviolite. I can understand it for Scyther, Ursaring, and Stantler. Basically, their evolution is locked to Hisui, so you have to bring them back through HOME. However, it's weird they don't allow Hisuian Qwilfish (and Basculin?) to evolve in Paldea, but do allow it for Hisuian Growlithe, Sneasel, and Voltorb.

I still stand by saying Delibird is better as Deli meat.

Doesn't help that Christmas decorations were on sale in Walmart at the start of October. It's just stupid when decorations are out and St. Patrick's Day is barely farther away to Christmas to the day I saw the decorations.

This is about looks instead of competative, but IMO, Delibird is the lamest looking Paradox because (judging by the screenshots I've seen) it just looks like a plastic Delibird instead of a robot. The bag is the only thing that makes it look like more than a lawn ornament.
A lot of the screenshots don't do the Future mons much justice imo. Iron Bundle attacking by extending its head out and Iron Valiant having a Dual Blade we don't see in most of its idle screenshots are a few examples.

do we know anything about how items work in the overworld? do they respawn? one of the nice things about SWSH was that gathering resources for various things was so easy (for the most part) how are berries collected? (I didn't watch too much of the stream lol so i am not entirely sure of the OW stuff)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)