Scribblenauts Discussion Thread: Screw Pokemon. This is the reason you bought a DS.

I still don't know how to clear the World 6 level with the dinosaur egg. I've tried breaking it open, burning it, making a chicken sit on it, and blowing it around with an air vent. But even if I break it open and get the compsognathus out, the starite still doesn't appear.
Strange. I just stuck a fire next to it and it hatched straight away. The little dino killed me first try, but I put the fire on the near side of the egg to fix that.

Also, I thought I'd finished all the levels - just realised I totally missed world 6 puzzle! Must have gone straight from 5 to 7 by mistake...

Posting partly to bump this thread, but I found two extremely odd glitches.

Car Launcher: Take a car and flip it so that it rests on the back part of the roof and the back bumper. When it stops sinking into the ground, get in it and you will fly off the screen in about 2 frames.

Extension Ladder + Magnet: Give Maxwell a magnet and place a trampoline facing towards him and a sideways extension ladder behind him. Tap the extension ladder and it should run into the trampoline as you start climbing. Maxwell will continue to climb on thin air until he reaches the other end of the extension ladder.

The Car Launcher is like no other glitch I've found as of yet, and it's probably the fastest thing in the game. Also, magnet + extension ladder + a few trampolines = hours of fun.

How do I open the steel gate on the World 7 Triathlon level? Making the policeman come over to it doesn't work, using a shrink ray doesn't work, and air vents can't blow the gate to the side. And on the last puzzle level in World 9 what am I supposed to shock, and what am I supposed to get 88 of?

And by the way, Achilles isn't in the game for some reason.

flower lures him right down

I personally caught the butterfly by crushing it with a boulder, then throwing my butterfly net at it.

My worry was that this game would only have around a hundred or so objects, seeing as I never saw any internet reviews or anything. I was wrong. Tens of thousands of possibilities, this game is AWESOME.

I'd like to see solo runs through this game (I.E. only using Cthulu, only using milk, nachos, and helicopters, etc.)

EDIT: TRY MAGIC. IT'S FREAKING AWESOME.

How do I open the steel gate on the World 7 Triathlon level? Making the policeman come over to it doesn't work, using a shrink ray doesn't work, and air vents can't blow the gate to the side. And on the last puzzle level in World 9 what am I supposed to shock, and what am I supposed to get 88 of?

Get a vehicle like a car or racecar and it will open. Just make sure you put a ramp or something on top of the spikes so that the starite won't be destroyed before you get to it.

I think you mean 8-11. The 88 thing is a Back to the Future reference. You can either attach something metal to a car and drive it over, or just drive something big like a Monster Truck and that should work.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
World 3 with the lava, starite in icecube on rope with tripwire which makes it fall. I swear I am going to break this fucking game and shove it up 5th Cell's mouths and make them eat it. x.x

Posting partly to bump this thread, but I found two extremely odd glitches.

Car Launcher: Take a car and flip it so that it rests on the back part of the roof and the back bumper. When it stops sinking into the ground, get in it and you will fly off the screen in about 2 frames.

Extension Ladder + Magnet: Give Maxwell a magnet and place a trampoline facing towards him and a sideways extension ladder behind him. Tap the extension ladder and it should run into the trampoline as you start climbing. Maxwell will continue to climb on thin air until he reaches the other end of the extension ladder.

The Car Launcher is like no other glitch I've found as of yet, and it's probably the fastest thing in the game. Also, magnet + extension ladder + a few trampolines = hours of fun.
Nice work for finding these glitches. I suggest submitting these on GameFAQs if you have an account there.

Well I have e-mailed a lot of the glitches I found to the person who made a Scribblenauts glitches FAQ but they haven't updated it yet.

Well I have e-mailed a lot of the glitches I found to the person who made a Scribblenauts glitches FAQ but they haven't updated it yet.
Don't even bother with them, just put them in the Cheats/Glitches section.
From my experience, they don't respond/change it at all.

Lots of things aren't in the game. For example, there are zillions of dinosaurs but not a single trilobite :-(

If they make a sequel, I would say they should do a better implementation of adjectives. Things like 'steel ladder' should result in a ladder made of steel - and thus heavy, affected by magnets, and non-flammable.

World 3 with the lava, starite in icecube on rope with tripwire which makes it fall. I swear I am going to break this fucking game and shove it up 5th Cell's mouths and make them eat it. x.x
I beat this by making a Whale which blocked the starite from falling into the lava. Then just summon whatever to break open the ice cube.

Lots of things aren't in the game. For example, there are zillions of dinosaurs but not a single trilobite :-(

If they make a sequel, I would say they should do a better implementation of adjectives. Things like 'steel ladder' should result in a ladder made of steel - and thus heavy, affected by magnets, and non-flammable.
That's going from innovation to a full-blown 'Item Glossary'. The sheer amount of objects that would need to be written in would make most programmers cry!

That's going from innovation to a full-blown 'Item Glossary'. The sheer amount of objects that would need to be written in would make most programmers cry!
Right, but I'd like more everyday objects (not specifically).
I wanted Akumi (from Street Fighter) but no luck...

yeah, I rented the game and I was sooooooo mad when you could't make Beer or Wine.
You can make death drown though, which is funny. HAHAHAHA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)