Shoddy Battle 2 (the future of Shoddy Battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is mostly directed to Colin, pretty much time has passed since your last post in this topic, and I was wondering when you are going to post the some more information. By the way, good job.

Can you make a way to block messages while battling? I'm sure other users agree, but they're way to many gutter mouths with keyboards on Shoddy :/

Isn't that just a guess from Bulbapedia?

Anyway, I'd like to point out that I've been following the development of a Japanese collaborative Super Mario World hack for almost two years now (commonly called VIP 5 or something similar). At this point, it's been considered "99% complete" for several months. There's another hack called Brutal Mario that's been well-known for years and still isn't finished. So really Shoddy Battle 2 may take a very long time yet, though I'm pretty sure that we won't have to wait as long as I've waited for these hacks. Considering these brings a sense of appreciation for the fact that the programmer has even provided a mercurial log and said anything about the release.

someone may of said this, but could u have a "remember uername / login button so u dont have to type ur user name each time
Also could u have a block feature to block a certain user that u find annoying.
thx
thunder

Well it would be awesome if you could choose if you want people to watch during a match or not. It helps for tournaments so people cannot scout their opponent's team. Also, a search function to find an online user in the list would be nice.

I think these are basic things, I wouldn't be suprised if they were already implemented.

Just wondering how difficult it will be to run a "Fake-Mon" server or at least the difficulty of uploading new "Fake-Mon".

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
SB2 would make a great Christmas present... Guess late 2009 is out of the question for a release. No matter, though, shouldn't be too much longer.

Well, Doug has finished his calculator (which is just amazing). So I assume that the undetermined completion date has been bumped up (down?), at least by a little bit, which is also great news.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Man, SB 2 would have been an amazing christmas present. Alas at least we have the calculator which is really cool as now I don't have to go to the masses of the internet to find a semi good calculator. Well here's to hoping that it will be out soon. We should have a betting competition on when it will come out.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This probably won't be a priority but if it ended up included it'd be awesome so I'm posting anyway.

Would it be possible to include some sort of API to link Shoddy Battle accounts to website accounts, and extend this by allowing for battle data to be parsed on a per-account basis to create some sort of battle record for the user? Even if the battle wasn't parsed, if the raw log was readily accessible via the API anyone could their own parser.

This looks amazing, and the damage calculator was awesome!

would there be a way to incorporate the damage calculator with shoddy battle 2? maybe even like a situation simulator.

Just an idea and throwing it out there. would be awesome

This probably won't be a priority but if it ended up included it'd be awesome so I'm posting anyway.

Would it be possible to include some sort of API to link Shoddy Battle accounts to website accounts, and extend this by allowing for battle data to be parsed on a per-account basis to create some sort of battle record for the user? Even if the battle wasn't parsed, if the raw log was readily accessible via the API anyone could their own parser.
Thats already possible with shoddy battle. Unfortunatley it has serverproblems at the moment, but on www.pokemonexperte.de you can connect your forum-account to your shoddy-account on the pokemonexperte server and look at your statistics.
Its looking like this:

You won 500 out of 1000 battles
_Freak_ vs random 5:0
_Freak_ vs random2 0:1

If thats what you mean it's already possible with shoddy. I can make a screenshot if the site is working properly again.
If I missunderstood you, just ignore this post.

I like the look of things so far with Shoddy Battle, but I'd like to see an option for 3-on-3 singles and 4-on-4 doubles teams for the team builder.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thats already possible with shoddy battle. Unfortunatley it has serverproblems at the moment, but on www.pokemonexperte.de you can connect your forum-account to your shoddy-account on the pokemonexperte server and look at your statistics.
Its looking like this:

You won 500 out of 1000 battles
_Freak_ vs random 5:0
_Freak_ vs random2 0:1

If thats what you mean it's already possible with shoddy. I can make a screenshot if the site is working properly again.
If I missunderstood you, just ignore this post.
You understood me, but I also wanted the raw battle data to be available so more statistics per battle basis could be parsed, such as which Pokemon got the most kills, what conditions the battle took place under (ie. did both sides set up Stealth Rock?) and so on. The extent of the statistics shown would depend on the parser itself, and would likely change on a per-site basis.

I wanna ask again, just ... to be sure

Will SB 2 have "Record Battle" or something ?

Reading log makes me tired ... Awww, so I hope SB 2 will have that application :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)