Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm visibly missing something here.... I'm breeding a Male Nidoran with these EMs: Sucker Punch, Disable, Beat up, Poison Tail. With a female Nidoran which has only poison tail. And the offspring I'm getting is Poison Tail, Beat Up, Disable and Scratch?? Why??

Also, still looking for that HA dream Ball Female Abra! :)
Nidoran male and female have different egg move sets
Ie the females will never get Sucker punch

Okay so I unlocked the Super Double Battles for the Battle Mansion in Alpha Sapphire (which, by the way, I am glad they brought back the Frontier Brain theme when facing the
Battle Chatelaines), but I need some recommendations on what team will work best for racking up wins and BP. Any ideas?

I have a spitback Starly. Message me whenever you can pick up a spitback Starly with Double-Edge in Luxury. :)

edit: I just read your P.S., but you can still have it for free. I don't need anything right now.
Thank you my friend. I'm available right now.

Okay so I unlocked the Super Double Battles for the Battle Mansion in Alpha Sapphire (which, by the way, I am glad they brought back the Frontier Brain theme when facing the
Battle Chatelaines), but I need some recommendations on what team will work best for racking up wins and BP. Any ideas?
Here's some pretty high number win teams.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/

Click on the team comp to see their nature/EV's/moves and their strategy.

I've been soft resetting the 20th anniversary Mew and I was wondering should I keep going or keep this one?

Mew - #151 (Rash) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 25 - 26 / 31

Eon Ticket Ruby/Sapphire Lati@s are exempt from the crippling Gen III roamer glitch, right?
Sorry if I sound annoyed, I don't mean it like that, but of course not. Eon Ticket RuSa Latii are not roamers by definition, they are stationary Pokémon and thus the glitch does not apply. Do you still have the ET though? Because that's nice lol. And if you only care about being able to RNG one on the island, it's allowed on Smogon to just warp there without having the ticket and using codes to activate the event.

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
Can Ditto inherit his Pokeball, or will the Child always be in a Standard-Ball, when I put a Male Pokemon with Ditto in the Day-Care?
Ditto will never pass down the pokeball it's in, the offspring will always be in a regular pokeball unless you're breeding a female with the ditto.

Another question.
What would be the best Nature and EV spread for an Defensive Venusaur in a Sun-Team?
I think I may use this Moves:
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Growth
-Sleep Powder

Not sure If go with Mega-Venusaur or Mega-Charizard Y (Drought)

I assume u mean mew and I got a spare as I used the glitch Last night for 2 mews (and nidoqueen/gengar/cubone/lapras)
You just HAD to get a cubone didn't you?
Yea that one xD found out how to do the glitch and how to use it for any Pokemon so it's all good :))

Only question I have is how does one go about finding out the SPECIAL value of the Pokemon you want at a specific level (I assume it's always 7?) and how to find a wild/trainer Pokemon with that same special value. I know about using ditto, but that assumes up have the Pokemon already, so it wouldn't work if I want to get the other roaming Pokemon for instance

You just HAD to get a cubone didn't you?
Yea that one xD found out how to do the glitch and how to use it for any Pokemon so it's all good :))

Only question I have is how does one go about finding out the SPECIAL value of the Pokemon you want at a specific level (I assume it's always 7?) and how to find a wild/trainer Pokemon with that same special value. I know about using ditto, but that assumes up have the Pokemon already, so it wouldn't work if I want to get the other roaming Pokemon for instance
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/907714-pokemon-blue-version/faqs/23116 and scroll down to section 4.

Otherwise, just ask me what Pokémon you want and I'll figure out how to get it. I know too much of this game...

And about the level question. The level is based on the attack stage of the Pokémon that was used to trigger the Pokémon in the first place. Attack stages range from -6 to +6 so base attack is '0' but it's the seventh stage if counting from -6. So if you don't Growl the Pokémon or they don't use an Attack boosting move, it will always be level 7. Basically, the level can range from 1 to 13 depending on their attack stage.

Also, some Pokémon, who have the medium slow growth formula, have a rather unique levelling curve that, when they are caught at level 1, have -experience (I wanna say -56 but I'm not entirely sure). Naturally, you can't see that it's minus, but when you give them 55 experience or less, the game will reroll the experience and set it to max. The Pokémon levels up straight to level 100. :)
Pokémon that fall in this category are the starters, the Nido's, the trade-evo's, Mew and I believe Pidgey also does.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/907714-pokemon-blue-version/faqs/23116 and scroll down to section 4.

Otherwise, just ask me what Pokémon you want and I'll figure out how to get it. I know too much of this game...

And about the level question. The level is based on the attack stage of the Pokémon that was used to trigger the Pokémon in the first place. Attack stages range from -6 to +6 so base attack is '0' but it's the seventh stage if counting from -6. So if you don't Growl the Pokémon or they don't use an Attack boosting move, it will always be level 7. Basically, the level can range from 1 to 13 depending on their attack stage.

Also, some Pokémon, who have the medium slow growth formula, have a rather unique levelling curve that, when they are caught at level 1, have -experience (I wanna say -56 but I'm not entirely sure). Naturally, you can't see that it's minus, but when you give them 55 experience or less, the game will reroll the experience and set it to max. The Pokémon levels up straight to level 100. :)
Pokémon that fall in this category are the starters, the Nido's, the trade-evo's, Mew and I believe Pidgey also does.
I'll PM you for a more detailed convo about Gen 1 glitches etc XD

But yea, I basically scowered the Internet and found out everything about the mew glitch, for example that either the shellder from the trainer in Misty's gym OR the slowpoke from the trainer in the route above have the same SPECIAL value (which you can also take advantage of to get 2 mews before the second gym...)

And I knew about using the stat decreasing moves to get a lv1 mew to instantly get to lv100 due to some mathematical blab :))
I'd never want to do that though, as he'd never learn psychic on his own (no move relearner). Also I'm not a fan of getting a quick lv100 mon like that as I'd like to use mew in my team throughout the game (Pokemon insurgence ftw).

I for some reason forgot that you catch all 3 legendary birds and that there arn't any roaming mons in red/blue, so the only Pokemon I'd get with this glitch are the other starters [Bulba - 153 / Charmander - 176 / Squirt - 177], fossils [Kabuto - 90 / Lord Helix - 98], Eevee [102] and the Red version exclusives (especially growlithe [33] + scyther [26])

So yea just need to find wild Pokemon or trainers with mins of matchin special value :P

Another question.
What would be the best Nature and EV spread for an Defensive Venusaur in a Sun-Team?
I think I may use this Moves:
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Growth
-Sleep Powder

Not sure If go with Mega-Venusaur or Mega-Charizard Y (Drought)
Not sure if I'd put a defensive venusaur on a sun team. You're better off having a more offensive + fast one with HP fire / weather ball which gets boosted by the sun and avoids you getting walled by ferrothorn and other steel types that could capitalise on the obvious switch (if say, you're setting up with growth).

I recommend something like:

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 46 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball / Hidden Power [Fire] / Earthquake

Just enough speed with sun to outspeed 100 base speed scarfed pokemon. Mild is in case you opt for EQ otherwise go Modest or Timid :P

Last edited:
I'll PM you for a more detailed convo about Gen 1 glitches etc XD

But yea, I basically scowered the Internet and found out everything about the mew glitch, for example that either the shellder from the trainer in Misty's gym OR the slowpoke from the trainer in the route above have the same SPECIAL value (which you can also take advantage of to get 2 mews before the second gym...)

And I knew about using the stat decreasing moves to get a lv1 mew to instantly get to lv100 due to some mathematical blab :))
I'd never want to do that though, as he'd never learn psychic on his own (no move relearner). Also I'm not a fan of getting a quick lv100 mon like that as I'd like to use mew in my team throughout the game (Pokemon insurgence ftw).

I for some reason forgot that you catch all 3 legendary birds and that there arn't any roaming mons in red/blue, so the only Pokemon I'd get with this glitch are the other starters [Bulba - 153 / Charmander - 176 / Squirt - 177], fossils [Kabuto - 90 / Lord Helix - 98], Eevee [102] and the Red version exclusives (especially growlithe [33] + scyther [26])

So yea just need to find wild Pokemon or trainers with mins of matchin special value :P

Not sure if I'd put a defensive venusaur on a sun team. You're better off having a more offensive + fast one with HP fire / weather ball which gets boosted by the sun and avoids you getting walled by ferrothorn and other steel types that could capitalise on the obvious switch (if say, you're setting up with growth).

I recommend something like:

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 46 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball / Hidden Power [Fire] / Earthquake

Just enough speed with sun to outspeed 100 base speed scarfed pokemon. Mild is in case you opt for EQ otherwise go Modest or Timid :P
The last trainer before bills house (in my red version) has oddish as her Last poke a that gave me scyther...forgot to put him on my other post and yeah I couldn't belive when I got cubone lol... along with the gengar and the £500 magikarp I got my fav poke all b4 gym2 lol (ohh and 2 mews lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)