Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there any way to check for your own battle record? I remember on gen 4 when looking at your own card with badges and stuff your link battle record was visible (wins and losses). Now it only shows up whenever I'm having a wifi battle (Actually it only shows how many I've had). Tried to check on Global Link but only shows GTS activities and official Battle Spot rated battles, not link battles (which are the common smogon format). Is there a way to access this info??
Easy, although it doesn't show your battles lost number. To get that, just subtract your battles won from your battles had.

Profit

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for double post, but I feel that this warrants it
Hi all, please skip to 1. for actual questions

I have been playing Pokémon for a very long time, and after taking a lengthy hiatus since purchasing my last games, HeartGold and SoulSilver, I finally purchased my new 3DS XL along with X and Alpha Sapphire. I was excited rejoin and experience these games as prior to quitting them I counted in my collection all Generation III & IV core series games, with multiple copies of most games. In anticipation of transferring many pokés to Gen VI and capitalizing on my numerous saved wondercards and uncaught legendaries, I also bought Black 2 and Pokemon Box to complete the transfer chain. Being very much interested in the trading/competitive scene and having patience to master RNG manipulation that I lacked before quitting, I successfully RNGed a handful of viable and valuable pokés with ease that I definitely intend to use or trade.

I was aware that Pokemon Bank has a 'legality checker' and began to question if my pokés, saved wondercards and time spent manipulating RNG would be wasted as I read horror stories of people around the web claiming their 'legit' event pokés were rejected. I can't know if every poster is truthful in their claim, but all of my pokemon and wondercards are definitely legitimate and I attended/ downloaded all of the events myself. So if any of my legitimate pokés are rejected or unusable due to the subtleties of Pokemon Bank's legality checker or the game mechanics of XY & ORAS, I would like to know so I don't waste my time RNGing them.

1. Which of the following event Pokémon would restricted from entering Pokemon Bank through Poke Transfer from my Gen IV games?

TRU Regigigas, TRU Arceus, GAMESTP Pichu, GAMESTP Jirachi, SMR2010 Jirachi, FAL2010 Mew, Manaphy Egg(transferable wondercard from Pokemon Ranger), Oak's Letter Shaymin, Member Card Darkrai

2. Are all Pokemon that can be legitimately RNG manipulated in Gen IV(for IV's/nature and/or shininess), including possibly legitimately shiny events like the Oak's Letter Shaymin and Member Card Darkrai, allowed into Pokemon Bank?

3. I've heard some rumor that the Pal Park feature in Gen IV can mess up or corrupt Pokemon data, causing them to be flagged as illegal by Pokemon Bank. I've also dabbled in Gen III RNG manipulation. Will my legitimate pokés be rejected?

4. What about Gen III events? I own Eon Tickets and the Jirachi bonus disk. What about Ageto Celebi?

5. What about Colosseum/ XD Pokemon with unique moves, like my psycho boost Lugia?

6. Are any of my Pokemon restricted by date in any way? Must the date I actually redeem the wondercard Pokemon from the delivery guy, or capture the event Shaymin/Darkrai on my DS coincide with the distribution date of the actual wondercard? Or can I safely receive/encounter my Pokemon on any time/date?

7. What kind of gameplay restrictions are there for these Pokemon in a Gen VI game? What are older pokés/ events unable to do that pokés with the blue pentagon can do?

8. Where on Smogon can I read more about similar topics?

9. I'm new to these forums, how/where do people trade on here?

10. Where should I go ask these questions if this isn't the right place?
First, Welcome to Smogon! I hope you enjoy your stay ^_^

1. Assuming that they are legit, all of them will make it through Pokemon Bank
2. Yes
3. Never heard of this, nor have I been affected by it. I imagine that things obtained through Glitzer Popping, etc may cause some data to be corrupted, however.
4. They'll make it through
5. These too
6. You can have any date, and this is commonly used in RNG manipulation (eg I had to set the date to the year 2031 for an RNG I did on my White).
7. Many transferred Pokemon cannot participate in official tournaments/competitions that are actually run by Nintendo (the exception to this was the Kanto Classic, where transferred Pokemon were allowed). In Smogon metagames, no such restrictions on transferred Pokemon apply.
8. Most of your questions should be answered either here or here.
9. In the Wi-Fi forum. There are a whole bunch of threads here, which are known as Trade Threads. You can comment in the user's thread with whom you wish to trade, but be sure to read their rules (many require you to have a thread of your own). There's also the Giveaways forum, where you can get stuff for free.
10. Well this seems to be the right place, but you can also ask less specific question on the Smogon Simple Questions thread.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Keep or Toss

Jirachi Calm
31/15/31/30/31/31
Sorry if this is a bit late, but I'd say that's a definite toss. Calm is really just worse in almost every way compared to Careful. Iron Head+Serene Grace is almost the only reason you would run it over other Wish/Calm Mind-users.

Its special moveset just doesn't take good advantage of Serene Grace, in comparison. There's Ancient Power and Moonblast (Which would have to be from gen 4/from a different event, anyway), there's Charge Beam, but that would take too many to deal a noteworthy amount of damage and there's various moves that lowers the opponent's special defense, but Serene Grace really only raises the chance from 10% to 20%, which isn't worth it.

Looking for a Sheer Force Tauros with Rock climb (dream world exclusive)

I can offer competitive Shinies, a few SR Legendaries, or custom Shinies.

VM me if you can help!

Hi! I'm looking for a Misdreavus (or even better a Gengar family member) with Perish Song, I need it only to pass Perish Song to a Gastly, so no particular ability/IVs requested, can someone help me?
Thanks!

Yveltal - Adamant
30 | 31 | 31 | 23 | 31 | 31

Keep or Toss?
IMO I would toss it since I think that the mixed set are way stronger. I would maybe keep it if it was jolly. However, you could use it as a more aggressive version of the tough bird set.

EDIT:
Or something like this:
Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Last edited:
Naughty Jirachi 29/30/31/31/31/31

Keep or toss?

I know ATK IV is annoying, but I think it does look pretty good for a mixed Jirachi.

Blueforce

Ungood
Sorry for double post, but I feel that this warrants it

First, Welcome to Smogon! I hope you enjoy your stay ^_^

1. Assuming that they are legit, all of them will make it through Pokemon Bank
2. Yes
3. Never heard of this, nor have I been affected by it. I imagine that things obtained through Glitzer Popping, etc may cause some data to be corrupted, however.
4. They'll make it through
5. These too
6. You can have any date, and this is commonly used in RNG manipulation (eg I had to set the date to the year 2031 for an RNG I did on my White).
7. Many transferred Pokemon cannot participate in official tournaments/competitions that are actually run by Nintendo (the exception to this was the Kanto Classic, where transferred Pokemon were allowed). In Smogon metagames, no such restrictions on transferred Pokemon apply.
8. Most of your questions should be answered either here or here.
9. In the Wi-Fi forum. There are a whole bunch of threads here, which are known as Trade Threads. You can comment in the user's thread with whom you wish to trade, but be sure to read their rules (many require you to have a thread of your own). There's also the Giveaways forum, where you can get stuff for free.
10. Well this seems to be the right place, but you can also ask less specific question on the Smogon Simple Questions thread.
Thanks for your helpful responses. Also, would Pokemon Bank flag the lvl. 1 dragons from Sinjoh Ruins event in HGSS, shiny or otherwise? I'm guessing you can't even transfer it but what about Spiky-eared Pichu?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Thanks for your helpful responses. Also, would Pokemon Bank flag the lvl. 1 dragons from Sinjoh Ruins event in HGSS, shiny or otherwise? I'm guessing you can't even transfer it but what about Spiky-eared Pichu?
The dragons are fine, Spiky-eared Pichu won't transfer though.

Also in regards to your previous post Q1 : Member Card Darkrai and Oak's Letter Shaymin will only pass through if they are from Pokemon Platinum, not Diamond / Pearl.

I recall shiny Manaphy s having trouble because you could only get them shiny by hatching them on a different cart, something the software wouldn't consider

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I recall shiny Manaphy s having trouble because you could only get them shiny by hatching them on a different cart, something the software wouldn't consider
I transferred a shiny RNGed manaphy with no issues. Are you maybe thinking of wishmkr jirachi which can be shiny but wasn't able to be transferred because they did not consider it?

Blueforce

Ungood
The dragons are fine, Spiky-eared Pichu won't transfer though.

Also in regards to your previous post Q1 : Member Card Darkrai and Oak's Letter Shaymin will only pass through if they are from Pokemon Platinum, not Diamond / Pearl.
Yep as Member Card and Oak's Letter were only ever released for Platinum. Fortunately I have 2 Platinum cards to RNG pokés from c:

Yes I have also read that shiny Jirachi and Manaphy are blocked from entering Pokemon Bank. It is possible to obtain a shiny WISHMKR Jirachi through some exploit, and RNG the Manaphy egg from Ranger to be shiny and hatching in a different game. These are barred from entering Pokemon Bank as Gamefreak never intended for them to be shiny, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)