Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Trick room and electric terrain.
Tapu koko maxed speed used thunder 1st against a magearna 121speed using fluer cannon.

How?

There has been a stall team running around with Buzzwole, I believe it runs sub/roost/drain punch/ice punch-eq
It runs Bulk Up / Drain Punch / Ice Punch / Roost unless there's another Buzzwole stall team I don't know about. I've used this set a lot and it's actually pretty darn good.

Can someone explain to me why the Mega-Latias CM Stored Power set's smogon page was updated from having 'tbolt/surf' as the final move to 'sub/reflect type'. I can understand sub stopping status, but does Latias not miss the coverage? Reflect type also seems a bit unreliable to me, but what do I know!

Finchinator

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past WCoP Championis the defending BW Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Can someone explain to me why the Mega-Latias CM Stored Power set's smogon page was updated from having 'tbolt/surf' as the final move to 'sub/reflect type'. I can understand sub stopping status, but does Latias not miss the coverage? Reflect type also seems a bit unreliable to me, but what do I know!
You don’t miss the coverage a ton as it is often paired with Toxic Spikes to let you 1v1 Greninja and eventually outlast Tyranitar, especially with the assistance of either Substitute for stalling (and status absorption) or Reflect Type to temporarily wall (also lets you set up on just about anything at the right moment, which is scary good considering that with 2-3 boosts it’s borderline unstoppable with Stored Power and it’s bulk).

Basically, that makes it the most effective win condition when paired with proper support (can be a lure or other means, too, but Tspikes is most commonly used).

You don’t miss the coverage a ton as it is often paired with Toxic Spikes to let you 1v1 Greninja and eventually outlast Tyranitar, especially with the assistance of either Substitute for stalling (and status absorption) or Reflect Type to temporarily wall (also lets you set up on just about anything at the right moment, which is scary good considering that with 2-3 boosts it’s borderline unstoppable with Stored Power and it’s bulk).

Basically, that makes it the most effective win condition when paired with proper support (can be a lure or other means, too, but Tspikes is most commonly used).
Thanks. So iff you're not running toxic spikes, are t-bold or surf better options than sub/reflect type? And how can Latias ever outlast Tyranitar, even if the latter is poisoned?

Finchinator

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past WCoP Championis the defending BW Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Thanks. So iff you're not running toxic spikes, are t-bold or surf better options than sub/reflect type? And how can Latias ever outlast Tyranitar, even if the latter is poisoned?
I wouldn’t advise using two attacks just because Reflect Type is necessary to find set-up opportunities and Substitute is fantastic with status spreading and to find free turns, but Surf is at least viable to make sure you have something in worst case scenario type situations against Dark types and perhaps Heatran that lack Toxic that you want to kill without giving the opponent too many free switch turns on CM, but even that’s a pretty specific middleground type situation that generally doesn’t merit dropping the support move for the second attack.

If Tyranitar is Poisoned and Stealth Rock (or Spikes, for that matter) are up, it’s very easy to outlast Tyranitar. Consider that CB Tyranitar is compressed a ton as it lacks longevity and it is often relied on as a breaker and trapper — if you have it status’d or crippled/weakened already and you avoid a Pursuit trap or two via Substitute scout or timely Reflect Types, then it is basically dead in that scenario. Wish Clefable support for Tyranitar is often welcome for this reason, but that’s a whole other story for another post.

Finchinator

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
NU Leader
How good is hyper offense in the meta rn and what would the basis of a hyper offense team look like?
Honestly, not great. Screens HO like Tapu Koko / Hawlucha / Magearna / Zygarde / Landorus-T / filler can work, but non-cheese HO is generally unused. An example can be seen: here. Outside of this, HO with lead dual hazards Greninja is passble, but far from common and often experimented with in the current metagame.

Hey, recently I saw this post on the OU Viability thread by blastablasta

“Skarmory is used on some of the most consistent teams in the game, such as James rocks Gucci's Talon Stall sitting at 90% GXE, and einracht sitting at 91% GXE.”

What are these teams, or where could I find them?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dont you think Deoxys D should be tested for OU? It has the same bulk as Mew, but without any offensive presence at all, making it inferior. I feel like this will make the meta more diverse so can you make this happen? Or to whom do i have to talk to to get a suspect going?

Indigo Plateau

is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Dont you think Deoxys D should be tested for OU? It has the same bulk as Mew, but without any offensive presence at all, making it inferior. I feel like this will make the meta more diverse so can you make this happen? Or to whom do i have to talk to to get a suspect going?
This topic has come up several times before and atm, I don't think the council has any plans to suspect any Pokemon (if they did, you would know). These types of discussions usually don't end too well, so I would just leave it as is, but if you have any questions, I would recommend PM’ing one of the mods.

Last edited:
While I (and most other people) would love for a suspect test to make this tier more fresh, and a Deoxys-Defense suspect test sounds nice, the mors said before that they have no plans for a suspect test at the moment

Jordy

is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So why is base form necrozma banned to RU? It looks way too powerful for it
This isn't really the place to ask that, so I'd recommend going to the RU version of this thread instead. Anyways, it's not banned from Ubers, OU, or UU, it simply doesn't have enough usage to reside in these tiers. Also, it may seem broken, but that's never something to go on, instead I'd recommend you try it out first.

I realize it’s niche as hell and generally inferior to toxic but Earthquake on +1 Zygarde has a 74.2% chance to 2HKO Bold Clefable vs Thousand Arrows non-existent 0.4% to do the same. I know band is a pretty old set and pretty out of favor atm but would anyone bother with running it as a 4th move?

Jordy

is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I realize it’s niche as hell and generally inferior to toxic but Earthquake on +1 Zygarde has a 74.2% chance to 2HKO Bold Clefable vs Thousand Arrows non-existent 0.4% to do the same. I know band is a pretty old set and pretty out of favor atm but would anyone bother with running it as a 4th move?
No, Iron Tail does a better job, while also hitting Tapu Bulu.

Yes, it also pressures Mega Scizor better and is def. an option while retaining perfect accuracy.

I’m not sure if this is the right place but I don’t know where else to ask. But I’m trying anyway.

Why is Meloette Pirouette banned in all formats? I don’t see how Melotte having a type change and stat re-organise would put it so far outside the realms of reason seems like it would fit nicely into, UU or OU. I mean ultra Necrozma exists .-.

Someone explain. Or at least tell me who I should ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)