Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

I have a question regarding a Sticky Web user. Basically, I'm whirling around a hyper offense 5 pokemon OU team that needs a Sticky Web user as its 6th to give my team a speed edge. My choice oesn't have to be a OU pokemon, just a pokemon that isn't banned for OU. I'm struggling to choose between Smeargle and Ribombee right now. Not really interested in Shuckle.

The Smeargle would be something like Sticky Web/Stealth Rock/Spore/any useful move @ Focus Sash
The Ribombee would be something like Sticky Web/Moonblast/Stun Spore/ and the last slot could be Quiver Dance or Hidden Power Fire @ Focus Sash

My dilemma is: given Ribombee's excellent Speed, she can often easily set up the Web without falling prey to a Taunt. She also has some offensive presence with Moonblast, and I can swap her into predictable dragon moves to get free blasts or attempts at paralysis with stun spore. But, she's fragile as a leaf and often doesn't get to do this. More importantly Stun Spore isn't a 100% accuracy move (only works like 25% of the time for me >.>)

On the other hand Smeargle can potentially set up 2 field entries if I'm lucky but is very prone to being Taunted. However, I sometimes open with Spore, which lands 100%, and follow up with a Web. The issue is he's too slow and basically a sacrifice and has no real utility past his initial Web setup. Of the many times I've used him, I've realized that even though I can win the match, it's very rare (only twice) that I actually manage to set up both Stealth Rock and Sticky Web

So the question is: which one's better for an offensive sticky web team? Feel free to drop suggestions for other Sticky Web users I could look into ^.^

Thanks in advance
smeargle often runs magic coat, which does require prediction, but allows you to avoid taunt while not having to run mental herb. ribombee seems cool for a couple of things on paper, but on HO you'd probly rather put something to sleep than try to work with a weak attacker like ribombee.

Does anyone knows the EV spread for mixed AV Growth, the one that Blunder had used on the Smogon Tour 25?
Dokkerich 4 days ago (edited) prob something like this
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

It's supposedly something along the lines of this, I'm not sure, though. s/o to mellowyellowhd for finding this earlier today.

Can someone explain Will-o-wisp Heatran to me? What's its main niche? Are you shooting at Zygardes on the switch? I paired it with Wish Rocks Clef and found them to be really effective at stallbreaking, you can burn Quag on their post Magma recover or just give yourself a Flash Fire boost against Sabeleye.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Can someone explain Will-o-wisp Heatran to me? What's its main niche? Are you shooting at Zygardes on the switch? I paired it with Wish Rocks Clef and found them to be really effective at stallbreaking, you can burn Quag on their post Magma recover or just give yourself a Flash Fire boost against Sabeleye.
Will-O-Wisp is good to cripple physical attackers like Zygarde, Tyranitar, and Landorus. It's especially important for Zygarde seeing as how it's currently a dominant force in the metagame. It's not too hard to fit on teams if you already have a Stealth Rock user or you're not in dire need of Toxic for Mega Lati@s, Gastrodon, etc

It's also really nice for Pokemon that rely on Sucker Punch to break through Heatran such as Mega Mawile and Bisharp.

Modest Mega Alakazam - is it mainly for HP investment for Landorus? The damage output isn't that much more than timid. Not outspeeding Lopunny and Ash Ninja really sucks but has everyone decided the HP+ increased power is simply better more of the time? Does modest get any notable 2HKOS/OHKOS?

Modest Mega Alakazam - is it mainly for HP investment for Landorus? The damage output isn't that much more than timid. Not outspeeding Lopunny and Ash Ninja really sucks but has everyone decided the HP+ increased power is simply better more of the time? Does modest get any notable 2HKOS/OHKOS?
The damage increase is actually pretty high considering its a 10% boost to such a stupidly high stat, which makes it a viable option on teams that arent necessarily weak to ash gren or mega lop, although lopunny doesnt have great usage right now either. It also still outspeeds greninja pre-ash and speed ties afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)