Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

How can I not auto-lose to Hawlucha with a Hyper Offense team that is not relying on Koko for screen support? (I am playing webs)

Its usual counters aren't nowhere to be found in HO, it's faster than all my mons, and none of them can kill it before he does, either because:
- they don't have a move that can kill past the defense boost (even Lando's Explosion never kills after SR), which allows it either to SD then OHKO all my team, or simply to attack twice
- they simply get OHKO'd right of the bat, especially if it's there to clean.
Offensive pressure to prevent set-up and strong priority to RK, much like how HO handles most speed-boosting sweepers. If your looking for specific answers on web teams, M-Pinser + Zygarde should be enough to stop it from 6-0 so long as you don't let it set up for free

Hi!
I found this team on the Internet. can someone explain to me how it works? thanks
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Geomancy
- Protect

Groudon @ Iron Ball / Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Incineroar @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Atk / 4 Def / 236 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Roar

Bronzong @ Figy Berry
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Gravity
- Swagger / Hypnosis
- Trick Room

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry / Red Card
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Swagger / Icy Wind
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Grass Knot

Hi!
I found this team on the Internet. can someone explain to me how it works? thanks
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Geomancy
- Protect

Groudon @ Iron Ball / Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 SpD
Brave Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Incineroar @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Atk / 4 Def / 236 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Roar

Bronzong @ Figy Berry
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Gravity
- Swagger / Hypnosis
- Trick Room

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry / Red Card
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Swagger / Icy Wind
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Grass Knot
This team looks like it is a VGC doubles. I would recommend asking that question (here) or trying to find the original builder of the team

On the ladder I often see an offense team that looks like this:
Blacephalon, Gyarados-Mega, Greninja, Magearna, Excadrill, Zygarde
I´m looking for a list?

What makes Silvally PU tier?
Base 95 all-around isnt even that bad defensively, however without reliable recovery any Silvally forme is pretty much outclassed by other Pokémon in lower tiers for defensive roles. As for offensive roles, base 95 is extremely low without a good ability to back it up—like Tapu Koko’s electric surge or Greninja’s protean—or a great move—like Zygarde’s thousand arrows—so yeah, no silvally form accomplishes anything in the higher tiers because of a combo of mediocre stats all around. I don’t see how this question relates to OU in all honesty, but responding anyway.

It's also more of how it has a useless ability that also eats up an item (forced to use a memory instead of something like Leftovers/Z move) and a lack of recovery on top of that. Move pool is interesting, but again no recovery and no item or ability to make up for that, so it's not that great.
I wish it worked like Arceus' plates. Like it would boost the power of the moves of the same type as Silvally.

Would Deoxys-D be a possible OU drop? It seems like it does worse in Ubers than a lot of OU Pokemon.
I haven’t formed a strong opinion on Doexys-D but I think it would shift the metagame to too much of a hazard-oriented metagame which I don’t quite like, because Deoxys-D is an excellent Spiker. But anyway, I just wanna combat the argument you used in your question, a Pokémon being bad in Ubers has no correlation with how it will perform in OU. Naganadel and Pheromosa for example aren’t quite the best in Ubers and look at the havoc they caused in their stay in the tier. If you wanna advocate for a suspect that’s fine, but just don’t use the “it’s bad in the tier above” argument because that really doesn’t tell anything. Hope this didn’t came off harsh, sorry if it did.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Would Deoxys-D be a possible OU drop? It seems like it does worse in Ubers than a lot of OU Pokemon.
Just because an Ubers mon does not perform that well in Ubers does not mean it would be balanced in OU. Whether it's meta trends being unfavorable to it, or Deo-D struggling in Ubers as a whole, it's a completely different metagame with different mons than OU, and the viability of it in each metagame would differ. On that same note, some mons in OU or lower tiers may serve better roles that teams in Ubers may want/like, but just because there's a lot of non Ubers mons being used over Deo-D does not mean it's capable of being dropped.

Screw lyd for sniping me.

I haven’t formed a strong opinion on Doexys-D but I think it would shift the metagame to too much of a hazard-oriented metagame which I don’t quite like, because Deoxys-D is an excellent Spiker. But anyway, I just wanna combat the argument you used in your question, a Pokémon being bad in Ubers has no correlation with how it will perform in OU. Naganadel and Pheromosa for example aren’t quite the best in Ubers and look at the havoc they caused in their stay in the tier. If you wanna advocate for a suspect that’s fine, but just don’t use the “it’s bad in the tier above” argument because that really doesn’t tell anything. Hope this didn’t came off harsh, sorry if it did.
Don't worry, this didn't come off harsh at all. I'm pretty much a competitive newb so explanations like this are helpful since I don't understand anything yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I've been playing around with this in the 1400-1600 range (and hell, even low ladder but they fall for every gimmick) and it's seen a very, very surprising amount of success for what it's worth, even beating a few high-ladder players occasionally:

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mean Look
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
- Recover

I'm absolutely certain someone has to have tried this out before, but here's a pretty basic breakdown of what it does:
  • The IVs maximize its physical bulk, which helps considerably since it's gonna be surviving a ton with just a single boost anyway.
  • Mean Look is the key to this set's success: more standard Mega Sableye sets tend to bait in an array of things that they cannot dent, but they're almost consistently setup fodder for this variant.
  • Recover is mandatory. This is non-negotiable. If you're using this mon you're using Recover.
  • Mega Sableye can only fit a single actual attack into its moveset, and the decision can be extremely difficult at times: Dark Pulse gives you a far inferior matchup against Hawlucha and Fairy-types but also boasts no immunities, while Shadow Ball's tradeoff is significantly better coverage at the cost of being hopelessly walled by any and all Normal types.
The premise is simple: Mega Sableye baits something it walls that would typically wall a different Mega Sableye set, it sets up the Mean Look on the predicted switch, and unless your opponent is packing some ludicrous Fairy damage under his or her belt or your opponent gets incredible RNG with crits or hax, Mega Sableye has an extremely high chance of just winning the game outright.

I've used this on two teams, and the first was a meme Stall team that basically gives all the Stall stuff incredibly offensive sets like CB Avalugg, Curse Quag, Counter Chansey, and SD+Weak Armor+Flyinium Z Skarmory. A lot of people ended up falling for the Mean Look stuff for some reason so I figured I'd try testing the waters by using this on a more dedicated Stall team when paired with Bulky Volcarona, and the stuff this ends up potentially walling after a boost (unless hax or crits) is insane.

Does anyone else see any potential in this set? I know it's extremely unorthodox but I feel like a far superior player to me could make some downright fantastic use of something like this either on the ladder or even in a tournament setting.

Do all Pokémon have "Early Bird" by default?

I've come to realize that sleep does not last more than two turns most of the time, it's actually common to see the Pokémon waking up in just one turn, the same turn it was put to sleep.

I have not played competitively since DP and returned a while back, but do not remind me to be like this.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do all Pokémon have "Early Bird" by default?

I've come to realize that sleep does not last more than two turns most of the time, it's actually common to see the Pokémon waking up in just one turn, the same turn it was put to sleep.

I have not played competitively since DP and returned a while back, but do not remind me to be like this.
In Black and White Sleep was changed from lasting 2-5 turns to only lasting 1-3 turns, starting on the first turn a Pokemon gets put to sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)