Resource SM RU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

strategies for Espeon?
so espeon is generally outclassed by other offensive psychic types although magic bounce + 110 speed gives it a nice niche. usually its more of a role compression mon because its hard to give up using another of our excellent offensive psychics but it can definitely hold its own. its mostly used on teams that either: 1) need the magic bounce support desperately and cannot afford to fit other removal. 2) need an offensive psychic that can revenge kill virizion without a scarf. espeons most common sets are calm mind (the best one imo) and specs. choice scarf is useable but very hard to justify using over gardevoir or even meloetta so ur team has to be really weak to certain setup sweepers like barbaracle to bother using. a bulkier spread is also fine to beat most spikes setters but this only really fits on a few select teams. here are the sets:
Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun / Dazzling Gleam

Espeon @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot / Trick

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Morning Sun
- Reflect / Shadow Ball

hope this helped!

so espeon is generally outclassed by other offensive psychic types although magic bounce + 110 speed gives it a nice niche. usually its more of a role compression mon because its hard to give up using another of our excellent offensive psychics but it can definitely hold its own. its mostly used on teams that either: 1) need the magic bounce support desperately and cannot afford to fit other removal. 2) need an offensive psychic that can revenge kill virizion without a scarf. espeons most common sets are calm mind (the best one imo) and specs. choice scarf is useable but very hard to justify using over gardevoir or even meloetta so ur team has to be really weak to certain setup sweepers like barbaracle to bother using. a bulkier spread is also fine to beat most spikes setters but this only really fits on a few select teams. here are the sets:
Espeon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun / Dazzling Gleam

Espeon @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot / Trick

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Morning Sun
- Reflect / Shadow Ball

hope this helped!
Thank you SOOO0OOOOO much
WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE LIKING THIS?!?!?!?

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thats because it isnt a glitch, apparently thats how it happens in-game so Golisopod is never forced out by Nidoqueen or any sheer force user. Sheer Force also neglects the effect of Eject Button.

It is really weird and rather unexplainable, but it is how it is.

Does anyone have a good feraligatr set that does not use sheer force, as I don't have access to a feraligatr with the ability
There’s literally no point in not using sheer force. It’s one of the best abilities out there, boosting most of its moves in power. The only time torrent would be helpful is if you are under 1/3 of your health. Sheer force outclasses in every single possible set except for possibly a substitute set to weaken yourself to torrent range. Maybe a set could be sub / dd / waterfall / ice punch?

Aye im not sure where to ask this, but does anyone have any consistent teams for the current meta? I couldnt find sample teams, and idk how relevant the bazaar teams are when accounting for recent tier changes and suspects.

roman

Banned deucer.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
I know this probably isn't the subforum to ask this but it happened during an RU match and idk where else to put it. http://prntscr.com/knmoly Can someone explain why this Gardevoir model is present over the default ingame one? It looks very familiar from some old modeling thread so I assume it's from there but I still don't know why it's here

roman

Banned deucer.
I know this probably isn't the subforum to ask this but it happened during an RU match and idk where else to put it. http://prntscr.com/knmoly Can someone explain why this Gardevoir model is present over the default ingame one? It looks very familiar from some old modeling thread so I assume it's from there but I still don't know why it's here
they changed the models, a few of them are new like typhlosion

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Seeing a mega blastoise suspect test someday is a possibil0d ity but not one that is being taken that much into consideration cause of a couple of reasons.

Like it can be really punishing for many teams but being 6-0d it right off the bat is an indication of a bad team, cant have a team that sluggish in here with so many competent breakers around. The same type of teams can get 6-0d by barbaracle as well.

Second, what we could lose. Not gonna pretend that it isnt a bit unhealthy but losing would have a very huge impact in teambuilding for many archetypes. Spikes become a lot tougher to run because of the lack of a competent spinner besides it, and offense loses the best glue mon on it by far. Offense could still survive but it would be on the chopping block without the mega blastoise option I feel.

So if the decision is to be made... it is gonna be a tough one. We will see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)