NOC Small Street Game Thread - Ended- TOWN wins!

Well, I would think CS is the most scummiest, but that is based on a very short look on what he had posted recently. I don't have too much of a defense apart from the whole two night of tracker with nothing, I stood by my DS scumread throughout until he got lynched, priest is a bad role for mafia to choose over others (negative utility). I don't have much to offer either sadly, but if you keep asking questions I'll answer pending my availability due to exams.

first of all you're retarded if you think I ever no kill. the only time in my entire mafia career I've no killed was because I was the most town read person in the game and I wanted the doc to "save" me. it worked. second of all you're retarded if you think scum!me enters the thread and immediately hard busses three days in a row. third of all scum cant kill me, I'm one of like 2 possible mislynches left. fourth of all Toni is never a kill I make.

to answer a previous qurstion: I tracked drookez again because scum usually dont expect you to double track, same with how they wouldnt normally expect a double doc (and why docs almost never double target).

another qurstion: yes, I missed ds being scum without hannah because governor isnt a protective action in 95% of games. I havent really read the setup, at all.

I'll try and get to this tonight, cause I think this thread needs a good read.

anyone wanna quote why samoyed is being town read? cause when I subbed in and got my role PM, after reading 25 pages sporadically
Please explain why you think the mafia would choose a negative utility role and why you think this role in particular is useful to track versus say, cs’s role

Ok let me approach this from a different angle

Can anyone explain to me the benefit in having a role that can’t hammer on your team. I certainly wouldn’t want that role on my team

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Because this setup is one that always has a mass claim at some point, that's a factor in any roles scum would pick.

If I was scum, I would have picked the doublevoter most likely. I haven't done the numbers but if possible I'd get it with 4 scum, if not 3 is fine. Because, its a townie thing to claim, and a very strong power. That, or,

Because this setup is one that always has a mass claim at some point, that's a factor in any roles scum would pick.

If I was scum, I would have picked the doublevoter most likely. I haven't done the numbers but if possible I'd get it with 4 scum, if not 3 is fine. Because, its a townie thing to claim, and a very strong power. That, or,
But as you said, choosing priest doesn't necessarily clear anyone. So would they rather have a negative utility role (can't quick hammer) and risk the fact that they still not might be town read? Or pick a role that has some sort of benefit at 0 cost so that they can get some use out of it even if they might not be townread?

But as you said, choosing priest doesn't necessarily clear anyone. So would they rather have a negative utility role (can't quick hammer) and risk the fact that they still not might be town read? Or pick a role that has some sort of benefit at 0 cost so that they can get some use out of it even if they might not be townread?
stop it with the wifom omg

It's not WIFOM. I hate it when that's brought up as a "counterargument" when it's really just low effort thinking offered to dismiss any sort of critical examination of the choices that people make which very obviously are not 50/50s.

To believe that Drookez is mafia, you would need to believe (and I'm using Josh's words here) that the mafia took this role because they planned for this exact mass claim scenario and I guess that they predicted that someone would recognize that would be strange and write them off as town. Maybe they predicted that somebody would sub in for sanjana who would make that exact connection and have the exact thought. Having been mafia in mafia games before, I can say fairly confident that they probably did not plan for that exact scenario.

Obviously that's possible but is it plausible? There's no way in mind that's equally plausible to the obvious, conventional wisdom which would suggest that the mafia took roles that they thought would maximize their chances of winning. Why would you take a negative utility role vs a role of equal cost but that has 0 utility at worst.

--
Josh's point about never killing as mafia is moot because if you're in debt that you very clearly need to get the points back in order to win the game, of which not killing is a better option than giving someone a bulletproof vest.

I don't think that losing the ability to hammer is a big enough loss of utility to suggest that priest is a role that mafia is unlikely to take.

I also think that the possibility of a massclaim should have always been a consideration of the mafia team and considering that DS was mafia he would definately think about it.

tbh mafia are never going to try to hammer somebody because its very scummy to do so--regardless, if mafia wanted to quickhammer they still could, they would just have to have the priest vote first. I really don't think its such a big loss.

I don't think that losing the ability to hammer is a big enough loss of utility to suggest that priest is a role that mafia is unlikely to take.

I also think that the possibility of a massclaim should have always been a consideration of the mafia team and considering that DS was mafia he would definately think about it.
I agree with this post but also I still would rather lynch drookez first

Scum did not pick neighbourizer so we're not in a world where their top priority was to maximize value/deny town utility
also for what it's worth DS clearly opposed mass claim and jordan dodged it altogether

I mean, you could think that but I still don't see why a mafia would take priest. Priest = likely town yes, but not confirmed town. There is no value to mafia in taking priest and you are giving town better roles by taking priest. As also said by moody, DS opposed claiming. In any case, if you don't buy the priest argument, please give me another convincing reason why one believe I am a good vote and I will respond accordingly.

I'll just repeat again here that I've stood by scumread on DS.

I mean, you could think that but I still don't see why a mafia would take priest. Priest = likely town yes, but not confirmed town. There is no value to mafia in taking priest and you are giving town better roles by taking priest. As also said by moody, DS opposed claiming. In any case, if you don't buy the priest argument, please give me another convincing reason why one believe I am a good vote and I will respond accordingly.

Give us a reads list including everyone and some reasoning, ty

with town jalmont there is always at least one of drookez/cs/samoyed/hal on the mafia team
Drookez at least one of the above is mafia, who do you think it is and why ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)