SmashPass

How does this deal with opposing subbers, though? Especially stuff like Sub/Punch Azumarril or Hitmontop that also have priority.

Azumarril can come in on Gorebyss, sub up as it either subs, bpasses, or shell breaks, and either OHKO it, break the sub of whatever comes in and likely OHKO it next turn, or 2HKO whatever comes in with punch/waterfall + Aqua Jet. Same thing can be said for Hitmontop.

I can't imagine a situation in which this team beats any other team that utilizes a subpuncher or any other sub + offensive set.

behind screens focus punch doesn't do that much, if it comes in on the lead it may get taunted / memento'd blah blah.
If your lead lets Uxie get both screens and a memento up, you're the kind of person that lost to Linoone teams in Gen 4.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
even behind just a reflect, which isn't that hard to set up. also when you mentioned your subpunch example you failed to mention the lead that was involved so obviously someone was going to pick up on that since it's pretty integral to the whole smashpash strategy.

Think Unaware Clefable should also hurt this setup pretty badly as well, just make sure you bait them into choosing one of their special sweepers to receive it.

I let him use both screens and Memento ¬¬

... altough in the mean time i get up the three layers of spikes and SR up, then i either go to mandibuzz or suicune to roar and i'm set to stall to death

Haze Milotic and anything with Roar beat smashpass, not broken, just requires some working around.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haze milotic is a pretty hard counter, but phazing can be worked around by a pass to anything with suction cups or even espeon / xatu and a taunt lead hinders phazing slightly.

I suppose so, personally Haze Milotic has been my check to it (on a Sand Team) so I think that at the end of the day, it's the best counter, but unless it becomes hugely popular (I honestly don't think it would have that much trouble becoming hugely popular) Smash Pass will be much more definitive. I think that smart SmashPass teams should start running Ingrain Smeargle where they currently run Huntail you could run him after screens, or lead with him and pass to Mew, who would set your screens up. Makes the strategy more bulky, less about Hyper Offense.

parashuffler dragonite as a lead is not in anyway scared of this... and dont let him get a parahax...

Perish song drizzletoad also would do well i assume

starmie can switch into azelfs taunt or smeargle's spore

genie leads can stuatus or taunt before azelf and uxie can do much

pretty much u gotta use azelf with taunt because uxie is too vulnerable to status and taunt himself...

all in all it is not broken... its just a really good strat... good players can have a good idea who to lead with based on team preview... esspecially when you see shell smashers without politoed.. or smeargle...

This is UU, and both of those pokes are OU
you are right sir... wasnt even thinkin about that my bad... well damn i will think of something... i gotta go look @ the uu list i guess and come up with a strat...

EDIT: ok... this is what I came up with...

I run yawn on Jolteon, so he can phase away immediately...

scarfkiss does well as a lead... as he can pretty much actlike a inferior shaymin-s and flinch those two to death...... or better yet just trick

murkrow in no way shape or form... cares what either azelf or uxie do with mischevious heart...

lead vulpix and cause sun and switch immediately to a fast clorophyll sleep powder user...

silk scarf ambipom does well against them both...

crobat can taunt or hypnosis... (taunt being the way better option)

Alakazam can taunt and signal beal to death... or even run thunderwave...

choice band staraptor rapes uxie and any azelf not carrying thunderbolt...

There are probably other things im not thinking of... point is that its not broken, just a really good strategy that one should be prepared for...

Why do you like using the ellipsis so much? Also, about Staraptor, I imagine that it'd die to Azelf's.. anything. (50 Base Defenses suck)

Why do you like using the ellipsis so much? Also, about Staraptor, I imagine that it'd die to Azelf's.. anything. (50 Base Defenses suck)
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... who cares? ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh wait your an english teacher...

your probably right about azelf though....

Has anyone experimented with Whiscash as a recipient? I know it sounds like a dumb idea, but

Hydro Pump/Earthquake/Ice Beam/Stone Edge is really great and you can OHKO many of the speculated big threats

Am I the only one that has a pokemon with brick break?

I faced a team just like this. They set up screens, then when they switched to start Smashpassing I switched to my Brick Breaker. He broke their screens, then picking off their baton pass receiver wasn't all that hard.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... who cares? ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh wait your an english teacher...

your probably right about azelf though....
"You're an english teacher"

Has anyone experimented with Whiscash as a recipient? I know it sounds like a dumb idea, but

Hydro Pump/Earthquake/Ice Beam/Stone Edge is really great and you can OHKO many of the speculated big threats
There are better recipients, that have better stats and coverage. Sheer force Nidoking with earth power, tbolt, ice beam and flamethrower for instance.
I can see the benefit of running a mixed attacker like Wishcash, but there is still better options than him. Kyurem anyone?

There are better recipients, that have better stats and coverage
In general, I find that any recipient can do well. If anything is getting +2 in all the sweeping stats, pretty much anything can be a good recipient. The only bad recipients are A) Those that are extremely frail and are OHKO'd by Fake Out B) Those that can't sweep. That's it. And although this isn't broken, it makes for a somewhat gimmicky, but very effective team.

The strategy itself is a potent threat. However wielding it depends on the users judgment as well as with every other good team. You have to time when to Smash Pass. Way too often, I see users Shell Smash way too early and pay the consequences for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)