smogoff amoonguss — end

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sign-ups thread for reference

WELCOME TO SMOGOFF AMOONGUSS

amoonguss.gif

===========================

SOMEWHERE WEST OF THE SEAFOAM ARCHIPELAGO, KANTO...

... 1 HOUR AFTER LOCKDOWN

intro4x.png

"the director has explained the situation to me — four subjects escaped from containment, and remain at large. unacceptable. i have terminated him. you are here because you are supposed to be the best of the best... a breach like this reflects poorly on all of you. find the subjects, and eliminate them... by any means necessary

i am sure i do not need to explain to you the ramifications of one of these things getting out... what would happen if people were to discover our work here. we cannot allow that to happen

the subjects' abilities mean they could be amongst you, as we speak... the dematerialisation chamber ought to make short work of them, and remove all trace... nothing comes in, or out, until the situation is dealt with

collateral damage amongst personnel is acceptable

any. means. necessary.

the next time we speak, i expect a resolution

do not fail me"

the offer had been too good to pass up — access to cutting-edge technology, seemingly unlimited research grants, and the mandate to go boldly where no scientists have gone before — pokemon genetics

at first, the facility was a success

pokemon displayed aptitudes for techniques well outside of their purview. but success was intoxicating...

the scientists pushed the boundaries, further and further, and the clones became less stable

those that survived were unrecognisable, and often violent in temperament

1 hour ago, the facility was placed under lockdown after four such subjects escaped their containment. putting down experiments was par for the course, but the catch? they possess the ability to mimic the appearance of other biological lifeforms

now strange eyes fill strange rooms, and it seems no-one can be trusted

the shadowy investor funding your research signs off the video call, and the facility's systems make a series of bleeps and whirrs — the computer-generated, randomly assignment of a new project lead. now that poor bastard was responsible for this debacle, whoever they are

===========================

hello!!

welcome to this experimental among us-forum mafia hybrid!

here's how things are going to work:

there are two teams, the scientists, and the impostors. there are 16 scientists, and 4 impostors. one of those scientists is also the project lead — during meetings, they can covertly check the tracking data for any user in the game

tracking data? whaaa??

right — welcome to the facility

amoongusmap2x.png

the facility is split into nine rooms:
utilities
dematerialisation
library
laboratory
conference
cafeteria
storage
reception
security

amoongusmap2xnames.png

scientists will need to visit these rooms to complete these tasks to maintain the facility during lockdown during the night, and attend conferences during the day, where they can vote to toss someone into dematerialisation (killing them), on the hope that they are an impostor

the impostors will be visiting rooms to seek to kill scientists, but they'll have to be careful — anyone else in the room will be informed of the kill. passing as scientists, impostors will also get a vote during the daily meetings. impostors can also sabotage utilities — for a night, users won't be able to identify the people in a room. they won't be able to do this consecutively, thanks to a game-convenient emergency backup generator

additionally, users may visit security at night to surveil another room — they won't have vision of their own room, and they'll be wiped out by the all-nighter for the rest of the day. after that point, they can share anything they saw

the scientists win if they complete all of their tasks or eliminate all of the impostors, and the impostors win if they gain a majority over the scientists

if anything is still unclear after you receive a role pm, please lmk!! this is the first time with this format, and my first time hosting, so everything is experimental :heart:

format:
night:
users pick a room to visit and pm me their action (formatting etc included in role pms) — one room and one action per night
impostors receive room intel, can take an action in their room — one room and one action per night
users receive feedback on actions taken
day begins
day:
project lead can pm me a check request
deliberation is freeform — voting begins whenever someone casts a vote
if a majority is reached (skip is an option) the nominated user is dematerialised
if the impostors do not receive a majority and/or are not eliminated, cycle back to night

rules:

1. generally speaking, please don't act with the intention of breaking the game. if you're unsure if something is ok or not, send me a pm
2. if you're dead, don't talk — unless told otherwise
3. outside contact is allowed, but deliberation for the voting should stay in this thread. that way the accused can argue back based on reasoning and also it's more fun for everyone to watch I.M.H.O.

similarly, if you have any logs about the game please hang onto them for me bc it would be cool to do a postgame with all of the intel at the end

player list:
1. mf - confirmed
2. Sijih - confirmed
3. Total Clefairy - confirmed
4. shadowpeashooter - confirmed
5. phoopes - confirmed
6. Gravity Monkey - confirmed
7. M24 - confirmed
8. zorbees - confirmed
9. Hulavuta - confirmed
10. tiki - confirmed
11. Mace - confirmed
12. Plague von Karma - confirmed
13. earl - confirmed
14. Estronic - confirmed
15. Scarf - confirmed
16. bb skarm - confirmed
17. Ivy - confirmed
18. zxgzxg - confirmed
19. Blazade - confirmed
20. cityscapes - confirmed

subs:
antemortem
Miss_Alicatia
Zephyr2007
Mr.Bossaru

Attachments

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
additionally, users may visit security at night to surveil another room — they won't have vision of their own room, and they'll be wiped out by the all-nighter for the rest of the day. after that point, they can share anything they saw
Can you go to security but not use the surveillance?

if anything is still unclear after you receive a role pm, please lmk!! this is the first time with this format, and my first time hosting, so everything is experimental :heart:
yea u forgot to tell me who my impostor team mates are

Reactions: az

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yea u forgot to tell me who my impostor team mates are
me and cookie; i said 4 but i lied

First: YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO TELL US YOU ARE AN IMPOSTOR!!!!!!!!!! I mean you can but we are going to kill you first thing in the morning.
Second: Do we start at day or night?
Third: Can we report bodies?
Finally: How many night actions do we have?
scarf is goofing
we'll start on N0; still sending out roles
players do one task per night and then the day starts, so reporting doesn't rly exist; you'll automatically be put into the deliberation/voting phase, so you can raise it then

az

toddmoding
do impostors have kill cooldown, and if so, do we know what it is
one a night each! actions are all one a night unless a cooldown/other side-effect is specified

can imposters and scientists band together to uncover the shadowy secrets of the wealthy investor?

i feel like we could cooperate to take down our true enemy - not each other, but the puppet master who started this all
i mean i'm into it, but i think mutual fear will preclude this from working. try it?

all role pms are out, please post here to confirm and we'll start N0

az

toddmoding
Please can i play i didnt wanna be a sub i wanna play
sorry, i'd already called the sign-ups and built the game for 20 when you posted — if someone drops out, i'll let you know!

also please note:

role pms erroneously mentioned a "server room". that should have read "utilities". i think i've edited all role pms to reflect this, but if i've missed one it that is what it ought to be instead :heart:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
confirming

when we go to a room, we can just say "do task x" and be done with it right? or will you pm us like a crossword puzzle or smth to do idk lol

az

toddmoding
When a Scientist dies, are their tasks automatically completed?
there's a mechanic in place to deal with this

confirming

when we go to a room, we can just say "do task x" and be done with it right? or will you pm us like a crossword puzzle or smth to do idk lol
ya, unless there's some other reason it won't work (like you got killed to death) it'll be complete

... i definitely did want to send users minigames but considering the carpal tunnel i got just pasting all the rangenned tasks in the role pms, im glad i opted not to

night 0 soon!! just waiting on more confirms!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)