Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - April 2010

Sounds like there's some sort of Uber cult which uses lead Magikarp as part of their rituals. Maybe there's more here than meets the eye with this little fish?
I think this was probably some April Fools joke played by the #ubers gang. They went on the ladder en masse with Magikarp leads and quit, and in a day managed to rig the stats.

Or there was a glitch/hack. Either way, this is wayyy too much work for a sane person to do in a legit manner.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Who said the person spamming lead Magikarp would be sane even if someone did do it? Seriously this is hilarious whether it's real or not. Feebas, Sharpedo, Seaking, Remoraid... All up there too so it's quite odd. Makes it seem a bit more real to me though...

ScarfTar is now basically expected, I find catching people off-guard with any other Tyranitar is really nice to take advantage of.

Anyway, thanks Doug as usual, that's an insane amount of battles happening.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like Weavile and Lucario are faring about the same as they did last month. Glad to see my favorite Pokemon are still doing well. :)

I do find it kind of nutty how Ttar usage is exactly the same as last month, with its placing as well as percentage. Guess everyone's using the same teams they did last month too, lol.

Dusknoir really doesn't want to drop to UU...it just hopscotched its way up to #37, right under Weavile. I guess people are starting to figure out that Rotom-h is far too shaky a counter to Machamp. I've been using Slowbro lately too...I wonder if we'll ever see it in OU again.

Smeargle is honestly terrible and I think it's well on its way to UU. It's a wonder people are still using it with the threat of fast Taunt and Lum Berry leads to keep it from doing anything.

Nothing too special this month, just a few oddities and interesting observations here or there. Tentacruel will probably keep itself out of UU once Latias gets banned just to check Infernape, but we have other more prominent bulky Water types to fill that role, so I doubt it.

Cheers to Hera in UU.

I hope it doesn't drop down nothing can safely switch in other then Weezing and people would just winge about it. I'm also surprised Rhyperior isn't in the Top 10 he's everywhere and Torterra at no.24 is just crazy he's everywhere

Looks like people are finally wising up - about a third of Froslass were played outside the lead spot. Also, I'm going to make it my quest this month to get Water Pulse a specific mention on Ambipom.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks tight at the bottom of OU... Umbreon could go up, Heracross could come down, and Roserade is falling as well (please don't let it come back).

Remind me, when are the tiers going to be recalculated?

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm the one who had the Magikarp idea.

Like Phyres said, in France we call "April fool "Poisson d'avril", which means "April Fish" because people cut paper onto fish forms and put then in other people's back.
The idea here was to pump Magikarp onto top 50 or even top 10.
There were too much battles in OU, so we decided to go for Uber, where there is much more fun with Kyogre !
Some friends and I battled on uber with the same team, including those annoying fishes (and doing some Rayquaza kills.... ahah)

So yeah that's it. MAGIKARP IS WATCHING YOU.

Expected Machamp to be in the top 5, but seriously Aerodactyl is now #2 o_O
Scarftar really has become the 'standard' set for Tyranitar, while a year ago it was Bandtar...

People finally realize Machamp's Anti-lead potential. Semi-stall teams struggle against Machamp so it's no surprise Machamp is doing so well in this Metagame. LO Starmie is another Pokemon that a lot of teams struggle against. I'm surprised it hasn't cracked the Top 10 overall yet.

I was expecting Tyranitar to finally dethrone Scizor this month, but I guess Scizor is still hanging on.

Wow @ the Uber usages this month. Kudos, France. If I make an Uber RMT this month, I'll include those fish in the threat list in your honour.

A big "thank you" to Doug as well, not only for the stats but also for picking up the Shoddy Battle 2 project and making sure it doesn't get lost and forgotten.

EDIT: Man, I kind of hope Umbreon doesn't make it into OU again. Make up your mind, OU battlers!

People, start using Blastoise leads!
This thing is damn good as a lead. A mix of Starmie and Empoleon who can take things like Machamp, Dragonite, Metagross or Swampert all by itself.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
M Blade is right. What is the standard set though? Something like Hydro Pump/Rapid spin/Aqua jet/Ice beam, with modest 252hp 4def 252spatk would be good, but I'm not sure about the item.

In fact, almost any water type with a priority move and OK stats makes a pretty good lead in OU.

Or there was a glitch/hack. Either way, this is wayyy too much work for a sane person to do in a legit manner.
Your making quite the assumption that people who battle videogame style NOT in their games are sane :D

Thanks Doug, you do fine work keepin us up to date

| 43 | Roserade | 39620 | 4.04 |
| 44 | Smeargle | 38881 | 3.96 |
| 45 | Heracross | 37171 | 3.79 |
| 46 | Umbreon | 35337 | 3.60 |
| 47 | Porygonz | 30947 | 3.16 |
| 48 | Alakazam | 29481 | 3.01 |
| 49 | Rotom-w | 28001 | 2.86 |
| 50 | Rotom-c | 26631 | 2.72 |

That suprised me alot. Roserade has really gone down looking pretty close to dropping to UU same with Hera (stop using it people ^__^). Rotom-w doesn't get enough love. :(

Like Phyres said, in France we call "April fool "Poisson d'avril", which means "April Fish" because people cut paper onto fish forms and put then in other people's back.
There were too much battles in OU, so we decided to go for Uber, where there is much more fun with Kyogre !
Some friends and I battled on uber with the same team, including those annoying fishes (and doing some Rayquaza kills.... ahah)

So you enjoy wasting time? Seriously 1.5K usage...LOL. I applaud for your effort and stupidity.

So you enjoy wasting time? Seriously 1.5K usage...LOL. I applaud for your effort and stupidity.
Why so mean? I found it to be amusing and shows great devotion to prankdom.

Heracross going UU will just make it banned in UU and it will dissapear into the void of BL where it never gets used again.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rofl, Magikarp was used as a lead in Ubers more than Giratina (my typical lead). What is wrong with this world?

You really should have gotten a few more people together and tried this in OU. Then maybe we could have finally proven the flaws of tiering by usage (especially when, through suspect testing, we finally have at least a basic way of measuring "power," instead of using usage as a stand-in) in a more prominent way.

Heracross going UU will just make it banned in UU and it will dissapear into the void of BL where it never gets used again.
No, it will just be a BL that's used in OU.

Tyranitar beat Salamence. No surprise there. It's been running around shoddy a lot. I won't be surprised if it beats Scizor next month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)