Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - April 2010

Specs Heatran can OHKO Machamp, Occagross and Swampert with the right move, making it a great anti-lead.

And lol@those using Sturdy Magnezone and Illuminate Starmie.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play (goddamn laptop), but if I could, I would certainly include a Slowbro on my team. Slowbro is probably Machamp's greatest threat, and I think it is for that reason that it's seen increased usage (82% Mar. to 69% Apr.). I think we'll see further increased Slowbro usage in OU.

If you have anyone who can Baton Pass a Substitute, remaining EVs go in defenses to make it that bit tougher (maybe to take a leadkarp tackle ;-) ). If not, put them in speed - there's not much it's gonna help you outspeed, but there's Forretress and enemy Shedinja. And if you get a Choice Scarf Tricked on you you'll outspeed neutral base 84s and + natured base 71s. Not that there's much down there, but hey, anything you can get.
In lower tiers, of course this is all rather more relevant.

Alakazam broke through the #50 mark in OU, he is #48. Hmm, he might go back up to OU due to usage like Roserade did, although it will be unlikely, at worst he will be voted the next suspect and be pushed into BL.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think it is very interesting that Tentacruel passed Roserade in usage for the first time in a few months

(People are finally realizing there are solutions to sleep, and cruel has better sp def, and a better primary stab... the list goes on)

Resort to Explosion against a lead Machamp. Win win?
that's what I always do when I'm using a lead exploder. Unless you've got a hard counter to machamp like slowbro or something I think exploding is best course of action if you're using a lead like heatran

that's what I always do when I'm using a lead exploder. Unless you've got a hard counter to machamp like slowbro or something I think exploding is best course of action if you're using a lead like heatran
I'm using a Spiritomb with W-O-W. Better then explosion! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)